Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens Of The Stone Age - Nov Arena Tour

Options
  • 14-06-2013 10:46am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Queens of the Stone Age will return to the UK in November for a series of arena shows.

Led by Josh Homme, the desert rock band released 'Like Clockwork' in June, and will play the main stage at Download Festival on Saturday, just prior to headliners Iron Maiden.

The band's UK tour will get underway at The Hydro in Glasgow on November 16, before further dates in Manchester, Birmingham and London, where they'll sign off with a show at Wembley Arena.

Queens Of The Stone Age UK & Ireland Tour Dates are as follows

Sat Nov 16 2013 - GLASGOW The Hydro
    Wed Nov 20 2013 - MANCHESTER Arena
    Thu Nov 21 2013 - BIRMINGHAM NIA
    Fri Nov 22 2013 - LONDON Wembley Arena

Source: http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/179550/9#ixzz2WBN0vjKj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Dublin, November 18.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

LostArt wrote: »
    Dublin, November 18.

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Sweet. Reminder set!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Are we 100% certain? The dates supplied by stereoboard and gigwise don't match up!!!???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

18 - Dublin - O2 Arena
    19 - Belfast - Odyssey

OOHHHHHH YEEEEAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

well i'm sure of the Dublin date!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Daawaa

I checked ticketmaster.ie and nothing is showing up under the O2 Arena for that date?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Glad there playing if true, but the O2 is fúcking shíte as a a music venue.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Glad there playing if true, but the O2 is fúcking shíte as a a music venue.

As large indoor music venues go, the O2 Dublin is one of the best in Europe. Well designed, every seat has a decent view, sound is always top notch and the scale allows for all bands to big full productions with them which was always an issue!! Excellent access and facilities also!!

I prefer to go to see acts in smaller venues as it's a more personal experience but given the scale of the O2, it ticks all the boxes!

• Advertisement

As large indoor music venues go, the O2 Dublin is one of the best in Europe. Well designed, every seat has a decent view, sound is always top notch and the scale allows for all bands to big full productions with them which was always an issue!! Excellent access and facilities also!!

This is where I disagree strongly. I just hate large venues, no soul. May as well be at home watching them live on Youtube.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    This is where I disagree strongly. I just hate large venues, no soul. May as well be at home watching them live on Youtube.

I agree that sometimes large venues can lack that special personal atmosphere that say the Olympia, Vicar Street etc can generate. Mainly due to people just buying tickets to events at the O2 for the sake of a "night out" and not for the music. They spend most of the time chatting, going to the bar/bathroom etc but in relation to the sound quality, I've never had a problem and always found it to be way above the sound quality at other similar/larger scale venues such as Wembley Arena, MEN arena or the O2 London.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That announcement is impending doom for my bank account. Think its 2 Germany dates and Dublin and then Belfast maybe!

I prefer to go to see acts in smaller venues as it's a more personal experience but given the scale of the O2, it ticks all the boxes!

Sitting down at a QOTSA concert is like standing up when you're takin a dump...just doesn't work.

Maybe at a Daniel O Donell concert

I agree that sometimes large venues can lack that special personal atmosphere that say the Olympia, Vicar Street etc can generate. Mainly due to people just buying tickets to events at the O2 for the sake of a "night out" and not for the music. They spend most of the time chatting, going to the bar/bathroom etc but in relation to the sound quality, I've never had a problem and always found it to be way above the sound quality at Wembley Arena, MEN arena or the O2 London.

It's kinda like get out the popcorn and snack for a few hours with these venues. I've been to the 02, maybe 2-3 times. The sound varied from whatever view point I was sat/standing in. I don't doubt your word on Wembley or MEN. It's just that I've seen this band every time they've appeared bar Slane. And now suddenly it's Arenas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I have only been to the 02 once. (The old Point many times), and I found it very impersonal. I don't begrudge a band playing arenas, they deserve all they get, but I enjoy gigs in smaller venues to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think everyone enjoys smaller gigs, and it makes sense. No point giving out in this case, I dont think they were gonna do the Olympia again.

Gigwise have now changed their dates to Dublin 17th and Belfast 18th.

LostArt wrote: »
    Gigwise have now changed their dates to Dublin 17th and Belfast 18th.

Would you have a link to these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Still nothing about it on ticketmaster. I presume something will come up on Friday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Still nothing about it on ticketmaster. I presume something will come up on Friday morning?

How much will tickets be can anyone hazard a guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

How much will tickets be can anyone hazard a guess?

Uk prices are 38STG so i reckon around the 50Euro mark

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Belfast now listed on Ticketmaster as £33.00 stg.
    Dublin "from €39.05", from MCD site.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Very reasonably priced.

Even more reasonable, 37.50 on Ticketbastard

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/queens-of-the-stone-age-dublin-11-17-2013/event/18004AD1C4686627?artistid=730011&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

O2 presale code is ready for the morning. Really looking forward to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Thinking of hitting up Glasgow as well as Dublin and Belfast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Presale at 9am tomorrow for the two Irish shows.
    Password is 'Clockwork'

Advertisement