Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens Of The Stone Age - Nov Arena Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

F*cking class. Only disappointments were that they didn't play Feel Good Hit and anything from their original album.

Apart from that, loved it. Better Living Through Chemistry is in my top 5 QOTSA songs so I couldn't believe it when they played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

What a gig. Did they do 2 encores??

Ha the mosh pit...its been a while my sweaty friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Chemistry. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Came back from the concert 2 hrs ago, still cannot sleep.. I can only say they are pure GODS of rock music, real alive human and beautiful :)) Love ya!!!
    ........................blew me away...............................

and thanks for playing MY song as third (and last) encore! ♥

btw the audience was for clean 10 out of 10.. wonderful!...all together.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

Amazing gig, I a tall jumper and there was not one spot in the standing area that was wasn't moshing to high heaven for A Song for the Dead.

Fantastic stuff! Better Living, I Appear Missing, If I Had a Tail, Song for the Dead and telling off the security were my many highlights.

Tempted to pop up to Belfast tomorrow =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I was sitting upstairs near the front and the moshing looked incredible. What a band. What a man. He has incredible presence. Sorry that I waited so long to see them for the first time. Best concert I have ever been to. Blew me away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Great gig! They always put on a great show!

It's still re-playing in my head, so much for getting some work done today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

No fúcking Mexicola again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

First time to see them too but I tell you it won't be my last.
    Amazing sound, very tight , sound like a band that have been playing together for 20 years +, almost effortless.

Played all the songs I wanted to hear so went home more than happy.
    Visuals were great and crowd were really up for it.
    A few messy heads near myself , pissed up and falling asleep (don't understand why you would pay money for a ticket to do that)
    Another guy beside spoke for the whole gig.
    Apart from that, perfect gig..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    No fúcking Mexicola again?

hehe

C'mon you'd need to be fairly tough on them to criticise after that. Compared to the (relatively) drab Glasgow affair we got a goodun last night.

- - -

Dublin putting it down to Belfast in no uncertain terms. I'm up there later and will be fascinated to see the comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

That was crazy, I'm not even a fan really but that was some gig, brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

great gig, great set list, couldn't have picked 2 better songs to open with.
    had seating tickets in the A block, sound wasn't great there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Delighted to have heard Millionaire & Betting Living Through Chemistry. Song for the Dead was a brilliant song to end with, was waiting for them to finish with Regular John but was fairly happy with what we got in the end. Burn the Witch was great as usual. Not my favourite QOTSA tune but for some reason it's nearly always the best song of the night when they play live.

Misfit Love is a bit of a strange choice, there's plenty of better songs on Era Vulgaris alone and it eats up a fair bit of time. Would have preferred some tunes off the first album, but then again last time I saw them they played it in its entirety so I guess I got my fill of it that time. Not a huge fan of Sick Sick Sick, it was mostly just noise last night. Interesting to see there was only one song off the new album they didn't play. It's a fairly stong album though and this was my 4th time seeing them so happy to hear the new stuff.

All in all QOTSA rule. But we all knew that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just woke up, what an experience what a gig. Played Fair weather friends and I got to sing at the very top of my voice
    ' I blow my load over the status quo'
    Loved every minute of it. Off to Amsterdam next Tuesday to see them, wish I was going to Belfast tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Really enjoyed last night's gig, 3rd time seeing them but last time was years ago. Was delighted with Lost Art of Keeping a Secret, and while Monsters in the Parasol was a nice surprise, it wasn't amazing? Nice crowd there aswell, was about half way back in the standing section and no hassle at all, everyone was in flying form! Sorry it's over now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Excellent gig & set list for the most part (Fairweather Friends & Vampyre of Time & Memory leave me cold). Better Living Through Chemistry was a definite highlight, as was I Appear Missing. And Misfit Love of course!

I was actually starting to worry about some of the women next to us at times last night when a couple of them got floored during the moshing. But they popped straight back up and were fine...which is more than can be said for me- I got a fairly hefty headbutt to the temple and an almighty headache/hangover to go with it.

Totally worth it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

What a show! I'd put that up there with the best I've seen. Third time seeing QOTSA, but my first opportunity to see them indoors as headliners.

...Like Clockwork is a terrific album, and most if not all of it sounds great live. My only gripe was with playing Kalopsia - not a huge personal favourite, but on reflection, it probably allowed the crowd to catch their breath for a couple of minutes.

The band is maturing like a fine wine. While I thought Castillo would be a big loss, Jon Theodore has come in and added a fresh perspective. The whole unit sound really tight. To be able to play such a wide range of songs so well takes some doing.

I'd trouble convincing my mates to come to this gig, but I think this performance has turned a few of them permanently.

Also, while very envious of those who had an opportunity to stand downstairs, I was a little relieved I was seated when getting up for work this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

hardybuck wrote: »
    The band is maturing like a fine wine. While I thought Castillo would be a big loss, Jon Theodore has come in and added a fresh perspective.

I was gutted to hear Castillo was gone but last night Theodore was beyond amazing. There were times I wasn't paying attention to anyone else but Theodore's drumming! He was outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Before the gig I was trying to show my boyfriend In the Fade because he didn't know it and I was saying they were DEFINITELY going to play it. I jinxed it :pac: MITP was a good replacement though!

I have bruises in places a girl should never have bruises :D But it is so worth it, I'm not sure if last night or when I saw them in Bournemouth is better.
    Would have liked a track from the self titled, but I was at the Olympia show so can't complain. And I'd never seen Millionaire live so :D

Can't wait for a return already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Lavinia wrote: »

and thanks for playing MY song as third (and last) encore! ♥

Shame he screwed it up, but that was my only gripe, was a class gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Good stuff from the "Stoners" as someone last night called them.

Only complaint was Parasol was a little off,took me out of it a little.That and someone kept shouting to play songs from Songs For The Deaf between each song though can't blame the band for that.

Wasn't expecting them to cover a good few of their albums especially Lullabies.All round great choices and they played a lot of their new stuff!

9/10 Big Macs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Just home there from Dublin. My gf was converted last night,words can't describe how good that was.

My buddy and I were discussing our highlights,mine was Better living through Chemistry which seemed to o on forever.His was Smooth Sailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Burky126 wrote: »
    Only complaint was Parasol was a little off,took me out of it a little.

Yeah, what was wit that? My girlfriend was with me and hadn't listened to anything after Songs for the Deaf, but she loved the first 3 albums and was hoping for stuff from Rated R in particular.

When Monster in your Parasol was played, she actually didn't recognise it until the chorus. I've never heard it played like that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Missed the gig last night because my mate flaked out, so I am listening to the songs in the order they were played thanks to setlist :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

threein99 wrote: »
    Missed the gig last night because my mate flaked out, so I am listening to the songs in the order they were played thanks to setlist :o

Make sure you do some one person moshing too to get the full experience

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Can't seem to get anything done in work today. Im just blankly staring at my screen. That gig last night was how it should be done god damn it!! Cannot fault it, Homme is an amazing frontman.

I wanted to say gigs like this are what is making life worth living but thought not to be so dramatic
    But actually no - it really is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Anyone else think that the sound, especially the vocals was a bit muffled at times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Went on my own last night as I haven't got friends who listen to QOTSA. Absolutely loved it. First time seeing them and the set list was great. Only song I wasn't familiar with was Misfit Love. Crowd were in great form and really enjoyed the moshing.
    His speech to the security was very fitting as I had the just witnessed security being very aggressive with someone and threatening them.

Crowd really opened up for Song for the dead.

Advertisement