Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens Of The Stone Age - Nov Arena Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

The vampyre of Time and memory

I Appear Missing

I have A Song for the Dead (complete with some moshing) and Go With the Flow thath I'll upload later

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

No offence to anyone who has posted videos, but I don't know why people would go to a gig and record so many of the songs on their phones. I'd rather experience the gig itself rather than concentrate on recording it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

MrStuffins wrote: »
    No offence to anyone who has posted videos, but I don't know why people would go to a gig and record so many of the songs on their phones. I'd rather experience the gig itself rather than concentrate on recording it.

Fully agreed.

Any one know the artists were that did the visuals? Some of them were absolutely beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Any one know the artists were that did the visuals? Some of them were absolutely beautiful!

An artist called Bonehead worked on the videos and the images used around the album release. He definitely did some or not all of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

A minute or two here and there to look back on in a few months time is cool imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I took one or two short vids and a few pics. Only Only cause I was there on my own and wanted to show my gf a bit of what it was like.

I'm always glad of others who video fulls songs. Means I can enjoy it while it's happening and watch videos after!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

My longest video is 22 seconds. Don't think there's anything wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

I videod quite a bit but mainly for audio so I basically just had the phone in my hand vaguely pointing at the stage while watching them,
    Surely nothing wrong with that?

Best concert I've ever been to and that's high praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I was also impressed with the visuals. Was worried after being at Roger Waters in the Aviva that all other gigs would be very disappointing. Probably helps that I love the art and animation that boneface did for QOTSA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I recorded from the last chorus onwards of I Appear Missing, because the end of that song is one of my favourite parts of any song ever, so I wanted to have there on my phone for my listening pleasure whenever I want :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

In fairness I wouldn't really record myself but have often gone looking on youtube after a good gig.

In this case I'm refusing to watch any of them because I'm still raging I couldn't go to this. God knows when they will play in Ireland again may have to travel to go see them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i asked people would they mind moving from infront of me if they were to continue to take videos as they were right in my way and others too as other were annoyed and got told to fcuk off lol i could could understand that but lets just their videos were not the best from all the pushing and shoving lol
    dont know why people do it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If you wish to record please go to the back of the crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

lertsnim wrote: »
    If you wish to record please go to the back of the crowd

But I need it for my Facebook page....

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

hardybuck wrote: »
    Has anyone come across and good reviews of the Dublin and Belfast gigs?

http://www.goldenplec.com/queens-stone-age-o2-review/

I don't ming people recording, shoulders etc.

My main gripe was with a really tall fella standing in the middle of the crowd. He must have been 6' 8". Now my problem wasn't his height as such but he did not move once except to scratch the back of his neck towards the end of the gig. It just sucks the fun out of everyone else.

Move your head or something to the music!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Can someone forward me the up to date list on stuff I can and can't do at a Queens of the Stone Age show? It seems extensive.

:]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

i'd usually record much more but this time only few songs, as i could not realy standing still (even while recording these), but thing that i may now listen to those again is the only reason i did it and im not regretting it :o) (except that my battery run out on i appear missing last part :( )
    btw i always make sure im not in anyone's sight while recording also can enjoy inside lots while holding camera so i can multitask if u may :d)

http://youtu.be/zK0P4iVezVc - Beginning (You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire & No One Knows)
    http://youtu.be/Ts0mxbTVSbc - Like Clockwork
    http://youtu.be/w-tsbHs8W_8 - Make It Wit Chu
    http://youtu.be/E57-8FrB7D4 - Go With The Flow

(http://www.youtube.com/user/DveMarije/videos)

ps. m still high from this cert......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lavinia wrote: »
    i'd usually record much more but this time only few songs, as i could not realy standing still (even while recording these), but thing that i may now listen to those again is the only reason i did it and im not regretting it :o) (except that my battery run out on i appear missing last part :( )
    btw i always make sure im not in anyone's sight while recording also can enjoy inside lots while holding camera so i can multitask if u may :d)

http://youtu.be/zK0P4iVezVc - Beginning (You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire & No One Knows)
    http://youtu.be/Ts0mxbTVSbc - Like Clockwork
    http://youtu.be/w-tsbHs8W_8 - Make It Wit Chu
    http://youtu.be/E57-8FrB7D4 - Go With The Flow

(http://www.youtube.com/user/DveMarije/videos)

ps. m still high from this cert......

I completely understand the want to re-listen to the songs in the future, but, at least for me, standing there recording the songs takes me out of the full enjoyment of the gig. it's like if you walked down the street looking through a camera lens, there's something about it that makes you feel you're not actually there.

And to me, listening back to it in the future is no good if I haven't fully experienced the gig while I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

ive never had someone complain about my video-ing. I try to be respectful of others around me.
    ive never complained about people in my way, i just move.
    ive never complained about mosh circles, i just move.

People waving their arms in the fckuing air, woah man they should be thrown out. Scum of the earth, getting in the way of MY videos.
    And tall ppl, damn they should be made to kneel down or something if theyre over 6ft.

Jesus theres some reyt mardy bums in here.

and crap videos.. hold it still ffs, youre giving me motion sicksicksickness.

I completely understand the want to re-listen to the songs in the future, but, at least for me, standing there recording the songs takes me out of the full enjoyment of the gig. it's like if you walked down the street looking through a camera lens, there's something about it that makes you feel you're not actually there.
    yes, same here, it is a struggle every time (like a sacrifice) : )
    And to me, listening back to it in the future is no good if I haven't fully experienced the gig while I was there.
    well, i love to relisten it means to me so..

anyway what i also love are improvisatons (why i love jazz 2), and u cannot listen to those unless they r recorded cause they are unique - at least in case of bands that know how to play instead of banging the same thing over and over again (and qotsa are definitely not).....

Anyways, does anyne know what Josh is singing in 4th verse in the last part of I Appear Missing, I found quite few lyrics but could not say which are correct (except I dont think the third is the one)..

"I happen to think that its all like you"
    "I haven't a thing, unless i have you"
    "I have to think because I loved you"

so it would go (if so):
    dont cry, with my toes on the edge its such a lovely view
    dont cry, i never loved anything until i loved you
    inside, im over the edge what can i do but shine

and then??

btw on many live versions he does not sing this verse just say im falling through.. :( theres like a mistery to it : )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

LostArt wrote: »

thanks
    but there is no that part at all (all of the last part i mean)

strange aint it

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Sounds like "I'm falling through" or "I've fallen through" to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

ive never had someone complain about my video-ing. I try to be respectful of others around me.
    ive never complained about people in my way, i just move.
    ive never complained about mosh circles, i just move.

People waving their arms in the fckuing air, woah man they should be thrown out. Scum of the earth, getting in the way of MY videos.
    And tall ppl, damn they should be made to kneel down or something if theyre over 6ft.

Jesus theres some reyt mardy bums in here.

and crap videos.. hold it still ffs, youre giving me motion sicksicksickness.

People mightn't have complained, but you're definitely annoying people. Nobody wants to have a phone screen between them and the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Lavinia wrote: »
    Anyways, does anyne know what Josh is singing in 4th verse in the last part of I Appear Missing, I found quite few lyrics but could not say which are correct (except I dont think the third is the one)..

"I happen to think that its all like you"
    "I haven't a thing, unless i have you"
    "I have to think because I loved you"

so it would go (if so):
    dont cry, with my toes on the edge its such a lovely view
    dont cry, i never loved anything until i loved you
    inside, im over the edge what can i do but shine

and then??

btw on many live versions he does not sing this verse just say im falling through.. :( theres like a mistery to it : )

When they're playing live they often change it or just get it wrong, but on the album I'm fairly sure this it is:

Confide
    with my toes on the edge it's such a lovely view
    don't cry
    I never loved anything till I loved you
    inside
    I'm over the edge what can I do
    sunshine
    I haven't a thing unless I have you

• Advertisement

Squelchy wrote: »
    Sounds like "I'm falling through" or "I've fallen through" to me.
    that is the second time ..
    When they're playing live they often change it or just get it wrong, but on the album I'm fairly sure this it is:

Confide
    with my toes on the edge it's such a lovely view
    don't cry
    I never loved anything till I loved you
    inside
    I'm over the edge what can I do
    sunshine
    I haven't a thing unless I have you
    yea, might be im not sure.. even that or i happen to think that its all like you
    it seems right if you listen to expect either of these and its weird :d

anyway thanks both..

Advertisement