Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens Of The Stone Age - Nov Arena Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Got two tickets. Can't wait. Now just have to convince a mate to come along with me. :)

A few years ago when they played the ambassador I bumped into Josh Homme on Liffey street. I told him I didn't have a ticket so he asked me my name and told me to bring a friend. The legend was true to his word and I was on the list only problem was that none of my loser mates wanted to come,so I brought some random dude from outside in with me.
    He was a happy chappy

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

I got em this morning. So they didn't sell as fast as some of you thought.

weiland79 wrote: »
    A few years ago when they played the ambassador I bumped into Josh Homme on Liffey street. I told him I didn't have a ticket so he asked me my name and told me to bring a friend. The legend was true to his word and I was on the list only problem was that none of my loser mates wanted to come,so I brought some random dude from outside in with me.
    He was a happy chappy

Oh my christ what a legend!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

matt.finn wrote: »

What way does presale work? Do they allocate a certain percentage of tickets before general sale? Or do they just give out a code and say "Go nuts! If there's none left on Friday, so be it"?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    What way does presale work? Do they allocate a certain percentage of tickets before general sale? Or do they just give out a code and say "Go nuts! If there's none left on Friday, so be it"?

Id imagine they'd allocate a certain amount, but I'd only be guessing. They'd hardly leave none for general sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Id imagine they'd allocate a certain amount, but I'd only be guessing. They'd hardly leave none for general sale.

That's what I've seen before - a certain amount for the presale, and the rest for the normal sale. If the full amount was available for the pre-sale, then it wouldn't really be a pre-sale then, if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickg007

Just booked standing tickets for November Dublin gig (checked and double checked before ordering) and was given seating tickets. Not impressed.

Anyone else have the same experience ?

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

That sounds bogey, you don't wanna be sitting for a rock show.

mickg007 wrote: »
    Just booked standing tickets for November Dublin gig (checked and double checked before ordering) and was given seating tickets. Not impressed.

Anyone else have the same experience ?

Mick

If it says seating section G I wouldn't worry about it it's the standing section

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickg007

Seat location: section GA2 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

mickg007 wrote: »
    Seat location: section GA2 ?

I think that stands for 'General Admission 2', which is the standing area, and you use entrance 2 to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Just picked up my two standing tickets from sound cellar on nassau street.

Always a good spot for picking up tickets and they only charge a 1 euro handling fee per ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Always better to be safe rather than sorry. I guess wallets are dry after all the festivals and the like. Give it to the 25th and pay day and I'd say standing will be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭kazaam

thunderdog wrote: »
    Just picked up my two standing tickets from sound cellar on nassau street.

Always a good spot for picking up tickets and they only charge a 1 euro handling fee per ticket.

I'd rather burn that place than buy a ticket in it again. Went in there 2 odd years ago to get a ticket for orbital, advertised on a hand written poster @ 40 euro each. I walked in and the owner was on his phone in the corner of the shop so I asked the cashier for a ticket to orbital. She asks me for 42 euro, I handed her 45 and asked what the 2 euro was, she told me it was handling fee and I said 'no prob' to which the owner slammed down his phone and screamed at me 'Why don't ye go to ticketmaster and pay f*ckin 5 euro a ticket?!.... idiot'

This is the fine level of customer service you get in that outlet... but hey, people still give him their hard earned, which is beyond me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Got my ticket earlier and can't wait. Haven't seen Queens since oxegen 2005.
    Any word on support acts yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got my ticket earlier and can't wait. Haven't seen Queens since oxegen 2005.
    Any word on support acts yet?

I heard it was the virginmarys, but that was another forum place said it, and before dates were announced. Could very well be!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    I heard it was the virginmarys, but that was another forum place said it, and before dates were announced. Could very well be!

Not a bad band Virginmarys . Watched them on IOW coverage last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone interested in swapping two standing for two seated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Noooooooooo! Standing sold out! Any chance more will be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

Every time i go to buy tickets, it says it has tiered seats down to the floor? that cant be right can it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Every time i go to buy tickets, it says it has tiered seats down to the floor? that cant be right can it?

Yeah, standing is all gone

It can be. They have a theater style setting too, so there's no balcony from seats to the floor, its just more seats. Limits capacity a bit. Have seen it done for Rush, so its cool.

Edit: I know its the o2, and I'm gonna find it weird seeing them play such a large venue, but absolutely delighted they're doing so well!

Mushy wrote: »
    Edit: I know its the o2, and I'm gonna find it weird seeing them play such a large venue, but absolutely delighted they're doing so well!

Number 1 record in America last week right?
    It's definately a more radio friendly album than their previous efforts.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Number 1 record in America last week right?
    It's definately a more radio friendly album than their previous efforts.

Their first number 1. Think was number 1 here and UK too, not that it matters. Although guess it does when deciding upon venues to play to some extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

They did not put all the seating areas on sale from what I can see on ticketmaster, just the few central blocks are available to buy. I would expect around 5000 people to attend this concert

They did not put all the seating areas on sale from what I can see on ticketmaster, just the few central blocks are available to buy. I would expect around 5000 people to attend this concert

Nah id say more than 5000

My mates got section D (central) in the pre-sale, When I looked it was section A and B, and F and G, which are on the side. Thats all sections covered.

What's the capacity of O2? Must be way more than 5000.

starWave wrote: »
    My mates got section D (central) in the pre-sale, When I looked it was section A and B, and F and G, which are on the side. Thats all sections covered.

What's the capacity of O2? Must be way more than 5000.

14,000 . Id say they will def get close to that with standing already sold out in only a few days of going on sale

There's a drop down menu beside the image with various seating charts. Most shows (bands) I've been to use the "standing" layout. I'm guessing its the same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

starWave wrote: »
    There's a drop down menu beside the image with various seating charts. Most shows (bands) I've been to use the "standing" layout. I'm guessing its the same here.
    Thats what i thought but it seems like its a mostly seated gig, which i have to say, i find strange for a hard rock band like QOTSA

Advertisement