Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens Of The Stone Age - Nov Arena Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah was gonna buy tickets just there and see only seating left? :( It'd feel like that episode of the Simpsons...

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Thats what i thought but it seems like its a mostly seated gig, which i have to say, i find strange for a hard rock band like QOTSA

How does it seem like its mostly seated? I think its just a case of the standing tickets selling out very fast. As you say, its typical that people would want to stand at a rock show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 seashore

Any chance of more standing tickets going on sale?! There's definitely no way a person with a seated ticket could go to standing?
    Really wanna go as my friends all got standing tickets but **** sitting down to watch qotsa by myself! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah was gonna buy tickets just there and see only seating left? :( It'd feel like that episode of the Simpsons...

This

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

threein99 wrote: »

That's the one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

On a slightly unrelated note. A friend of mine that lives in Amsterdam just rang me and says he got a ticket for me for their show there a week after the Dublin Show!

Very Excite!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

weiland79 wrote: »
    On a slightly unrelated note. A friend of mine that lives in Amsterdam just rang me and says he got a ticket for me for their show there a week after the Dublin Show!

Very Excite!!!

Ziggo Dome is supposed to be a very good venue. Very jealous!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If i cant get standing tickets for dublin , i might get Belfast tickets and stay in my friends place up there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

You'll probably pick up a standing ticket closer to it easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

LostArt wrote: »
    You'll probably pick up a standing ticket closer to it easy enough

Yeah Noel Gallagher sold out the standing section pretty quick and I remember more tickets were released a few weeks before the gig so I'm praying that this happens again! I refuse to go to the seating section!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 janejjjjjjj

mutley18 wrote: »
    I refuse to go to the seating section!

I was in your postion for the RATM a few years ago, I held out for a standing and a few weeks before a mate had a spare standing ticket. I hope you get lucky too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Hey guys, just back from the Open'er festival where QOTSA played Friday night.

They put on some show, the whole crowd were loving it from the very first minute.

Looking forward to November even more now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭m0ynihan

Eh.. Are they really using the 'Seated' seating plan for the gig? I already got my standing tickets, it seems like a very strange decision though, I've seen Muse and Paramore there, and they both used the 'standing' seating plan, there was nothing wrong with it, would make even more sense to do this with a heavier band around, unless they're worried about safety...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I wouldn't take much heed of the layout on the ticketmaster page. It'd be very strange for a rock concert to have that layout. Maybe it's the default?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Heads up more standing were released a few days ago, grabbed a pair on thursday night.

Heads up more standing were released a few days ago, grabbed a pair on thursday night.

Gone again now, I am not happy. :(

Planemo wrote: »
    I wouldn't take much heed of the layout on the ticketmaster page. It'd be very strange for a rock concert to have that layout. Maybe it's the default?

It would be an absolute joke to be fair, everyone stands when they've seated tickets any way for god sake, It would probably bring the capacity down by about 500 if they were to use the seated plan.

m0ynihan wrote: »
    It would be an absolute joke to be fair, everyone stands when they've seated tickets any way for god sake, It would probably bring the capacity down by about 500 if they were to use the seated plan.

Would be a lot more than 500

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Every single gig I've been to in the O2 (around 15) has used the standing layout unless it's a comedian, they're not going to switch to the seated layout for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Half the posts here are about buying standing tickets. The other half are about if the seating plan is all seated. Does anyone read the thread these days?

Its the normal rock band seating plan, with standing on the floor, and seating on the balcony. The seated plan shown on ticketmaster is not the real one. You need to select the "standing" seating plan from the drop down menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

starWave wrote: »
    Half the posts here are about buying standing tickets. The other half are about if the seating plan is all seated. Does anyone read the thread these days?

Its the normal rock band seating plan, with standing on the floor, and seating on the balcony. The seated plan shown on ticketmaster is not the real one. You need to select the "standing" seating plan from the drop down menu.

Exactly, the same confusion happens on nearly all the O2 gig related threads on here and you're always guaranteed the classic "my ticket has a section and number does that mean I've bought seated instead of standing?".

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gideon Graves

There's some limited standing tickets available at the moment, just got one there.

There's some limited standing tickets available at the moment, just got one there.

Cheers for that , just picked up one there

I. LOVE. YOU. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

..and they're gone again. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Anyone had their tickets posted out to them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Anyone had their tickets posted out to them yet?

Not yet, I'm excited even about getting the tickets though.

November is going to be a good month with the National playing too.

I know this is a bit random.. but what age is qotsa's fan base in general? I'm 17 and I'm kind of thinking I'm fairly young to be a fan, they probably gained very few fans since SFTD...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Got my tickets in the post a couple of days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

m0ynihan wrote: »
    I know this is a bit random.. but what age is qotsa's fan base in general? I'm 17 and I'm kind of thinking I'm fairly young to be a fan, they probably gained very few fans since SFTD...

Well I'm 21 but been a fan for many years. I actually became a fan because In My Head was on the soundtrack for a Need for Speed game ha. Checked out their other stuff and haven't looked back :D
    You probably are on the younger side, but who cares? :D
    Planemo wrote: »
    Got my tickets in the post a couple of days ago.

Oh really? Where abouts are you located, if you don't mind me asking? Still waiting on mine..

Advertisement