Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens Of The Stone Age - Nov Arena Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DoctorDre wrote: »
    Any chance of more standing tickets becoming available?

For sure, when the band submits it's stage set up to the promoter 9 times out of 10 extra 'Production Tickets' are released, these will be snapped up quick though, and sometimes MCD announce they're going on sale, sometimes they don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Last night's gig is up on the iTunes website and well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Played Mexicola last night, hopefully a couple more first album tracks back in the set for the Dublin gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Little Matador are opening the Belfast show. Really hope they do Dublin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Last night's gig is up on the iTunes website and well worth a look.

Hey is it still possible to see this gig? i went on the itunes website but i couldn't find any link to it

• Advertisement

thunderdog wrote: »
    Hey is it still possible to see this gig? i went on the itunes website but i couldn't find any link to it

If you go to the Itunes Store in Itunes, one of the links that rotates around at the top is usually for whoever did the latest gig in the festival (Ellie Goulding at the moment) but click into that and from there you're able to select the other artists who played, including Queens.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Incredibly there are still tickets available for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Incredibly there are still tickets available for this!

Yet one direction sell out, the humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

novarock wrote: »
    Played Mexicola last night, hopefully a couple more first album tracks back in the set for the Dublin gig!

I've seen them numerous times, they still haven't played that focking song. There 1st album, great album to fúck to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I've seen them numerous times, they still haven't played that focking song. There 1st album, great album to fúck to.

Think ive heard it 3 times live. My one wish for the gig is for Someones in the Wolf.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Think ive heard it 3 times live. My one wish for the gig is for Someones in the Wolf.

I've only seen them live once before but I'd love to hear them play You Can't Quit Me Baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    I've only seen them live once before but I'd love to hear them play You Can't Quit Me Baby.

Heard them both at the gig in the Olympia when they were playing the entire first album live. What a gig that was. First album is close behind clockwork for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

How come you boyos looking for Mex and Can't Quit didnt see 'em at that Olympia gig?

Wooderson wrote: »
    How come you boyos looking for Mex and Can't Quit didnt see 'em at that Olympia gig?

Is that the same Olympia gig that sold out in a minute? Guess there's your answer

scudzilla wrote: »
    Is that the same Olympia gig that sold out in a minute? Guess there's your answer

A minute was it? Gotta be the fastest selling show in Irish history, so. Miles quicker than Bob Dylan at Vicar St, like.

I was there, needless to say. Decent enough gig.

A minute was it? Gotta be the fastest selling show in Irish history, so. Miles quicker than Bob Dylan at Vicar St, like.

I was there, needless to say. Decent enough gig.

Fastest? Nah, been a few a lot quicker

scudzilla wrote: »
    Fastest? Nah, been a few a lot quicker

A few shows that sell out in less than a minute? Possible, sure. Admittedly Ive never heard meejah reported of "gig sells out in seconds".

Im all ears if youve examples btw.

I missed it because I wasn't living in Ireland at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I am getting very excited for this already. :D The new album gets better with every listen and their past few setlists have been excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Finally got my ticket last night after weeks of indecision.

If they play Mexicola or YCQMB.....
    3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

A minute was it? Gotta be the fastest selling show in Irish history, so.

Wasn't far off it. I got tickets but nobody else I knew did and we all logged into Ticketmaster at the same time.

Still waiting on the list of shows to sell out quicker than a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Still waiting on the list of shows to sell out quicker than a minute.

Why are you still waiting? Surely it was a figure of speech.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Why are you still waiting? Surely it was a figure of speech.

Figure of speech or ill thought out waffle?

Figure of speech or ill thought out waffle?

I'll go with the former.

What's the big deal anyway? So the gig sold out quickly, who cares?

I'll go with the former.

What's the big deal anyway? So the gig sold out quickly, who cares?

Hey lets not let facts get in the way of debate and conversation.

Hey lets not let facts get in the way of debate and conversation.

I'm having a concert in my living room tomorrow night. My wife just bought both tickets 0.5 seconds after I put them on sale so that beats QOTSA's 1 minute record so the debate is pointless now.

I'm having a concert in my living room tomorrow night. My wife just bought both tickets 0.5 seconds after I put them on sale so that beats QOTSA's 1 minute record so the debate is pointless now.

I would have thought the commercial interests of this website (if nothing else) would be to encourage debate, not respond in a petty manner like the above.

Could be wrong tho, eh.

I've yet to see a show at the Odyssey. Anyone have experience of the sound quality there? I've found Belfast shows to have really superb sound in the past so I'm hoping the pattern continues!

O2 has been distinctly patchy. Couple of nights (Jack White) frintstance that was really loud. Hopefully Hutch will work his magic in Dublin again next month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone see the NIN/QOTSA co headline tour in Oz for next year? . Could ya imagine if that came over here ha

Advertisement