Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens Of The Stone Age - Nov Arena Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Anyone see the NIN/QOTSA co headline tour in Oz for next year? . Could ya imagine if that came over here ha

Ridiculous. And the headliner is decided by the flip of a coin. Awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

Anyone see the NIN/QOTSA co headline tour in Oz for next year? . Could ya imagine if that came over here ha

Those bloody aussies get all the good gigs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Ridiculous. And the headliner is decided by the flip of a coin. Awesome

You would wonder if its true that they choose not long before the show since both bands will have their own rigs/gear . Can see them deciding early in the day so they will have time to set up each bands rig

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They'll probably flip for the first date then alternate dates after

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Just bit the bullet and got myself a seating ticket, wasn't risking it being completely sold out, roll on November 17th woooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just bit the bullet and got myself a seating ticket, wasn't risking it being completely sold out, roll on November 17th woooo
    The rest of us will give you a wave from the pit!:D:D:D

weiland79 wrote: »
    The rest of us will give you a wave from the pit!:D:D:D

Thanks haha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Bit of a strange attitude towards seating for this gig. Yes it won't be as manic as standing 5 rows from the front but do people expect the seated to be lounging around eating candy floss, yawning & reading a magazine? Surely it depends on the band, this is QOTSA, not Michael Buble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I can imagine people getting up to stand if there seated, sitting down for any rock show is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Whilst I thought the Wiltern show was one for the ages, this tour has not been hitting the high points of previous jaunts.

Seems the playing is top notch but band are not as loose with setlists and running order as in the past.

It was always a given that a Queens show would vary from night to night - the Ambo shows are testament to this. With restrictions from the new promoter, new(ish) fanbase and bigger touring rig/visuals they just mightve lost a soupçon of what made them such a dynamic and compelling live propostion in the first place.

I'm doing Belfast and Dublin and would be surprised if the setlist changed more than two or three songs both nights. /Grump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Great to see Misfit Love back in the set though. Love that track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Killer tune that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wooderson wrote: »
    Whilst I thought the Wiltern show was one for the ages, this tour has not been hitting the high points of previous jaunts.

Seems the playing is top notch but band are not as loose with setlists and running order as in the past.

It was always a given that a Queens show would vary from night to night - the Ambo shows are testament to this. With restrictions from the new promoter, new(ish) fanbase and bigger touring rig/visuals they just mightve lost a soupçon of what made them such a dynamic and compelling live propostion in the first place.

I'm doing Belfast and Dublin and would be surprised if the setlist changed more than two or three songs both nights. /Grump.

Thats very disappointing, if its true. Maybe its lucky I can only afford one show this time, unlike the 6 on EV tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I can imagine people getting up to stand if there seated, sitting down for any rock show is just wrong.

I was seated at the Olympia gig in 2011, we all stood the second qotsa walked on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

I was seated at the Olympia gig in 2011, we all stood the second qotsa walked on :D

34377312.jpg

:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Posters advertising the gig have started appearing around Dublin. That's usually a sign that there's loads of tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I love when a thread about an upcoming gig starts getting busy, means not long to go now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

not sure of my hearing fully recovered from the olympia. what?.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

emo72 wrote: »
    not sure of my hearing fully recovered from the olympia. what?.....

I remember the time played at Slane. The were by far the loudest band that day. It was if the volume was at a 7-8 for the bands before them then it was turned up 11 for Queens then back down to 7-8 for the Foos and the Chilis.

Any idea what time this gig will be over at ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

11 at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Any idea who the supporting acts are going to be?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

THE O2, DUBLIN - 17TH NOVEMBER 2013
    With very special guests: Sweethead

THE ODYSSEY, BELFAST – 18 NOVEMBER 2013
    With very special guests: Little Matador

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Posters advertising the gig have started appearing around Dublin. That's usually a sign that there's loads of tickets left.

They've been around for a good while, I always see more than one to and from Hueston station.

Do ye reckon people will que?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I managed to get standing tickets for this on TicketMaster after trying a few times. Seems a few popup every day.

Can't wait for this gig, 2 weeks :)

Anyone know what it's like getting a bus back to bray after a concert in the O2 or will it finish too late, gonna drive in but would prefer to have a few pints ?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Well if the gig's over at 11 you'd have roughly 30 mins to get to D'olier street for the last 145 - doable if that suits.

Yeah was thinking that but if I miss that I'm paying 50 quid for a taxi so bit wary about it , wasn't sure of the walking time between 02 and D'oliver st, might chance it though see how I feel on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

Gonna be my fourth time seeing Queens and i can't wait for it! just one thing, i still have not received my tickets. Checked online and it says they are ready to be collected. From where? I know i can print them out but i just presumed they would have mailed them out by now?

Anyway its gonna be a deadly gig :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Did you select Box Office collection maybe? Although if you can print them off, then thats why you haven't "received" them, you just have to print them off.

Shall be 9th time seeing them, can't wait for it!

Advertisement