Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens Of The Stone Age - Nov Arena Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Jackobyte wrote: »
    What's the O2's current set-up like? In the past, if you were in seating, you could just kinda stroll into the standing section. That's hardly the case for this when standing tickets are at a premium?

Never tried it myself personally, but I'd imagine with the current layout it would be very difficult regardless of whether standing tickets are at a premium or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Can't wait for this! They're sounding amazing live at the moment. They're throwing in some fairly rares ones into the setlist too. They opened with
    'Medication'
    in Holland on Saturday.

wow. I'd love that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Current setlists have really moved in the right direction. About a month or so ago I wouldve been less than exited about these two shows - now I'm giddy at the prospect.

Theyve got such a solid catalogue now that theres gems to be had when they dig deep. Nice proportion of the setlist changes each night now so those of us doing Belshaft and Dubland will get an nice spread.

Like a lot of people I'm really hoping for
    You Can't Quit Me Baby
    . Think its their best song and hasnt been played with the new drummer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wooderson wrote: »
    Like a lot of people I'm really hoping for
    You Can't Quit Me Baby
    . Think its their best song and hasnt been played with the new drummer yet.

If they play that I will literally soil myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

nm wrote: »
    I'm after buying seating tickets by mistake it seems, I have never bought seated in my life but they just arrived and they are BLOCKN, row 37.

Checked the email and it confirms, looks like I ****ed up when I was buying them. Have I any hope at all of TM switching for me?

just double check if they are actually seating, i was confused when i saw my standing ticket. it has GA1 for general admission but gives a row and seat number for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

MrStuffins wrote: »
    As I nearly did in the Olympia when they played it, some of the tunes on that album are ****ing hypnotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

With The National nearly blowing the roof off of the O2 last Sunday night it's been hard to focus on this!

So Era Vulgaris got a rattle on the drive home for work...problem solved.

That's Turnin' on the Screw for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

MrStuffins wrote: »

Been done 3 times myself haha. If they play
    Somebody's in the Wolf
    it'll be insanity. Only song of theirs I really really wanna hear live that I haven't yet.

Played all the albums in work today, will be same tomorrow, Thursday and Friday haha!

Mushy wrote: »
    Been done 3 times myself haha. If they play
    Somebody's in the Wolf
    it'll be insanity. Only song of theirs I really really wanna hear live that I haven't yet.

Played all the albums in work today, will be same tomorrow, Thursday and Friday haha!

Mosquito Song for me. Your choice is a good shout tho. I've seen neither.

Mosquito Song for me. Your choice is a good shout tho. I've seen neither.

I would love that, but I think its an unrealistic song. BTW, I'm gonna assume you're Wooderson from the QotSA forums yeah?

• Advertisement

I would love that, but I think its an unrealistic song. BTW, I'm gonna assume you're Wooderson from the QotSA forums yeah?

Rarely if ever go there. eFests is my main hangout.

You're right about Mosquito of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Actually, does anyone know of any bars that might have a bit of atmosphere before hand? Possibly even be throwing out a few QOTSA songs?

Edit: Listened to their first album tonight, Sunday can't come quick enough.

Rarely if ever go there. eFests is my main hangout.

You're right about Mosquito of course.

Yeah same here anymore, was getting tedious. Was gonna say do you have all the B-sides stuff that Blank put up, or did ya ever get to download them?
    Actually, does anyone know of any bars that might have a bit of atmosphere before hand? Possibly even be throwing out a few QOTSA songs?

Edit: Listened to their first album tonight, Sunday can't come quick enough.

O' Reillys/Club Hell might, Harrys at the o2 should have a few people around, and the hotel around the corner by the Luas stop I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

any guesses as to what time they will be onstage at? not into seeing the support, will be struggling with a hangover!!

I'll guess at 9 o clock really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Regular John, If Only and 3's & 7's
    got their first outings of this tour. They could play anything at this stage. :D
    Was gonna say do you have all the B-sides stuff that Blank put up, or did ya ever get to download them?

What are you looking for? Chances are I have it. Drop me a PM if you want.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Regular John, If Only and 3's & 7's
    got their first outings of this tour. They could play anything at this stage. :D

What are you looking for? Chances are I have it. Drop me a PM if you want.

Would be really happy if we got
    If Only and 3's and 7's

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Looking forward to this now, seen them only one other time before & that was at Slane. As someone said, they were the best band on the stage that day by far.

Just realised how many good songs these guys have, a pretty underrated band IMO.

This on Sunday followed by The Pixies in the Olympia on Tuesday

29208d1378164521-nils-rieker-misterlimelight-550x336px-ll-93d4d87c_south-park-nice.jpeg

Well certainly seems like the boys are back on form setlist-wise anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

This on Sunday followed by The Pixies in the Olympia on Tuesday

I'm going to see the Pixies that night too. Should be great.

• Advertisement

This week can't go any frikkin slower.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

Anyone know anywhere good to go for drinks after the gig in Belfast on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

I'll guess at 9 o clock really.
    cheers!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Hi, I have one seating ticket for QOTSA for this Sunday, (I am going but have one ticket extra), will give it for face value of 47 euro, if you are interested please do contact me : ) THANKS a mill!

Queens of the Stone Age at The O2
    With Sweethead
    Sunday 17 November 2013 at 6:30pm
    The O2
    Dublin

Event date: 17/11/2013, 6pm
    Face value: €47.00
    Venue: O2
    Seat number: Block B Row 30 seat 55
    Number of tickets: 1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Anyway, Ive just herd that the post above may be deleted?? so I placed it on adverts ie, here is the link.
    http://www.adverts.ie/concerts-festivals/queens-of-the-stone-age-dublin-o2-17th-november/4107664

my friend got sick and cannot go, but I will go as I would not miss this concert in the world : o), maybe someone will be happy to be able to go if he missed the june.. please let me know here or there, i do not mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Anyone else get the email about upgrading to premium tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Planemo wrote: »

Ssssshhhhhhhh.....you want to get in there, right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Well that's why I brought it up, the only advantage seems to be getting in earlier (so you have more time to buy overpriced drinks :rolleyes:) - anyone have previous experience in premium?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Planemo wrote: »

"You can mingle with fellow fans of Sigur Ros......" lol

Advertisement