Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's your game!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Out to 7 ,

Haven't had the time to put into golf I need to - the other life , real life :D - it is taking over. :)

In Portmarnock Links today - stunning with the colours, unique to burnt links.

A great course, the rain fell, much needed - we will take the wet if the course and greenkeeper is happy. The game fell short, like the wedges.

A while since all the game has been right - working hard on short game - signs, signs. But.............

Still, it is only golf and - it is nice to just play the game we love, make a few Birdies - play a few good shots with nice golfers and sometimes new friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Out to 7 ,

Haven't had the time to put into golf I need to - the other life , real life :D - it is taking over. :)

In Portmarnock Links today - stunning with the colours, unique to burnt links.

A great course, the rain fell, much needed - we will take the wet if the course and greenkeeper is happy. The game fell short, like the wedges.

A while since all the game has been right - working hard on short game - signs, signs. But.............

Still, it is only golf and - it is nice to just play the game we love, make a few Birdies - play a few good shots with nice golfers and sometimes new friends.

When I eventually get to play with you I would like you just to recite sonnets to me walking around for 4 hours

Lol.
    ForeRight. I'm actually fairly boring on the course, all the time I'm just thinking, what was the driver like i didnt hit.

I hate playing golf with me.

Maybe a pub first. Golf the curse of the drinking class.

Out again today.

Improvement - but again steep on wedges and hit them thin or fat - frustrating as I'm about 100 yards out about 6 to 8 times a round - frustrating as this should be a par/birdie chance. Yet can end up with anything from Bird to double :eek:

So - need to go to a pro or just practice this specific area.

Still went well - 7 pars - front 9. a treble (due to wedge issue) and birdie.

Out for a counting round in am. No time to sort this out before then. So who knows how it will go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Out again today.

Improvement - but again steep on wedges and hit them thin or fat - frustrating as I'm about 100 yards out about 6 to 8 times a round - frustrating as this should be a par/birdie chance. Yet can end up with anything from Bird to double :eek:

So - need to go to a pro or just practice this specific area.

Still went well - 7 pars - front 9. a treble (due to wedge issue) and birdie.

Out for a counting round in am. No time to sort this out before then. So who knows how it will go.

do you ever eat / sleep or work??!!!

• Advertisement

Work is over-rated Charlie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

charlieIRL wrote: »
    do you ever eat / sleep or work??!!!

If I could like that comment two times I would.

Fix what is your job?? Can I do it too?

ssbob wrote: »
    If I could like that comment two times I would.

Fix what is your job?? Can I do it too?

Shift is the way to go for golf.

Shift is the way to go for golf.

Cheers Pat, I will ask my boss can I do shift, f*ck all courses here in Brussels though..............

Work is over-rated Charlie.

very much so, sitting here looking out the window at sunshine all morning and am playing golf at 5:15 and guess what? Its started feckin raining!!!:(

• Advertisement

very much so, sitting here looking out the window at sunshine all morning and am playing golf at 5:15 and guess what? Its started feckin raining!!!:(

That's holy god punishing you.

Cheers Pat, I will ask my boss can I do shift, f*ck all courses here in Brussels though..............

There is nice chocolate - sorry only thing I could come up with.
    Well - you could go out and watch match there - should be good laugh.

I'll think of you as I top a wedge from 80 in am.

There is nice chocolate - sorry only thing I could come up with.
    Well - you could go out and watch match there - should be good laugh.

Plenty of beer here and yes the match tonight should create a good buzz around the streets.

Hoping you create one of those golfing memoirs that you are so hungry for.

That's holy god punishing you.

Holy god punished me on the course today too, was as bad as last saturday. Am in a bad place golf wise lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭superhooper

Holy god punished me on the course today too, was as bad as last saturday. Am in a bad place golf wise lately.

Am in a worse place. Was thinking to myself there recently that I haven't had a birdie in nearly a year!!!Working on ideas to mark the occasion. Might even go back to the green and build a shrine to it.......:( Also have a nice sporadic case of the Sh**k*..........just as I thought I was getting places with my driver. Had to leave balls after me on range yesterday purely for the safety of other patrons on the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I was 100 yards out to a fairly flat green yesterday. hardly a breeze. Chunked it about 12 yards. Embarrassing stuff....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Happy with how today went, no triples, 5 pars, 5-6 doubles and the rest were bogeys. Doubles were silly mistakes with yardages and bad bunker shots.

Found 11 fairways with a really nice fade off the tee, moving maybe 10-15 ft left to right and even a few straight/draws.

Wedges weren't bad, not as close as I had them when I was playing well but acceptable. Irons were good from 6 up, the 4 and 5, while striking well, were leaking off right at the last 20 yds.

Bunkers were terrible.

Lesson sunday so hopefully I'll have more days coming off happy

Great day for golf.

Sort of had a week off golf - kids off school , work, life etc.
    So was like withdrawal when I got the full day off today, to play golf. Family away for the week.

Won Cat 1 last week, 4 th prize in 3 months - nice.
    Played 31 holes today - played ok , a little while to get back into it - but finished last nine of first 18 2 over.

Then played another 13 (after first 18) - and was 6 over for the 13. So working on putting - still serious issues with wedges. But long game good, finished + 16 for the 31 holes (ok , not great) .

But a few days to work on things before I go to my first ever golf classic and first ever golf event over 3 days - will be happy enough to get over 30 points on one of the days. Maybe Enniscrone - but maybe not. Last 6 there very hard if wind up.

Finished the day at a promo at a golf shop - and spoiled myself.

Great day. enjoying the next week . As there will be very little golf in July and August. Then try get back going in September for a few events then. Handicap will probably slip in summer, but had a great run for a few months.

Great day. enjoying the next week . As there will be very little golf in July and August. Then try get back going in September for a few events then. Handicap will probably slip in summer, but had a great run for a few months.

Gowran?

Gowran?

no , holidays , kids off etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Played 12 holes in two over gross yesterday.
    3 birdies, 1 double, 3 bogeys, stupid 3 putt from 10 feet too

GreeBo wrote: »

What about the clutch putts you made for birdie/par?? Why not mention them!!

3 putts happen even at pro level!!

Good shooting!

GreeBo wrote: »

Great golf GreeBo.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Played the K Club (Palmer course) today at a charity gig and played a mixture of good golf mixed in with some erratic driving.. I felt I was striking the ball well but allot of pulls/pushes which was frustrating.. For my round I had 3 birdies (lipped out on 18 for eagle from 10ft after a drive 7 iron into the par 5).. 7 pars , 6 bogies and 2 doubles.. I am not playing enough golf and it all feels a bit loose at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

If I could putt even half acceptable, my handicap would be cut be 3-5 shots. Frustrating. Ive lost all confidence and belief on the greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

First crisis of my short golfing career has arrived this past few weeks and it's extremely frustrating.
    II've had the opportunity to play golf 3 times per week over the last 4 weeks due to to work situation and I've slowly but gradually got worse. Is it possible that I'm playing too much? Because that it feels like right now.

All confidence seems to be gone and I'm hitting bad shot after bad shot. I'm losing around 5 balls per round, even lost 3 balls on one hole yesterday.

Thinking that I need to take an extended break from the game to get my head right. Might just hit the range and bang away a few golf balls and try build up the confidence or maybe take a lesson from the pro. Not a great time of the year to be struggling but I try to keep ploughing away.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

First crisis of my short golfing career has arrived this past few weeks and it's extremely frustrating.
    II've had the opportunity to play golf 3 times per week over the last 4 weeks due to to work situation and I've slowly but gradually got worse. Is it possible that I'm playing too much? Because that it feels like right now.

All confidence seems to be gone and I'm hitting bad shot after bad shot. I'm losing around 5 balls per round, even lost 3 balls on one hole yesterday.

Thinking that I need to take an extended break from the game to get my head right. Might just hit the range and bang away a few golf balls and try build up the confidence or maybe take a lesson from the pro. Not a great time of the year to be struggling but I try to keep ploughing away.

Thinking too much I'd say Buddy.

Grab a few lessons to make sure you're on the right path and then continue to hit as many balls as possible.

Took me a long time before I stopped over thinking. The more you play and the more small steps forward you take will offset the inevitable backward steps and after a while (a good while in fairness , not many find it easy) you'll start to get to the stage where you can look back on the struggle and be thankful you've pushed through it.

Try to keep any "work" on your swing to the range or practice. Enjoy the rounds without thinking too much.
    Hit it, find it, hit it again

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just spotted that Mark Crossfield
    posted this page Buddy H, very apt.

Obviously important to get the fundamentals sorted (lessons will help).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tlQAkJ2Co&feature=youtu.be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

PARlance wrote: »
    Just spotted that Mark Crossfield
    posted this page Buddy H, very apt.

Obviously important to get the fundamentals sorted (lessons will help).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tlQAkJ2Co&feature=youtu.be

Thought you would be on this thread talking yourself down before tomorrow :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

First of four lessons today

Right hand grip was a little weak leaving the face open. This was where I was losing distance on wedges too.

Shoulders were off set to feet.

Started with a slice/fade and by the time I left 8/10 hits were drawing.

Nearly cried when I hit the driver from right to left

Advertisement