Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Terrier breeders/rescues Ireland

Options
  • 14-06-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi there Forum! :D

I was wondering if any of you knew of any Boston Terrier breeders/rescues. I've fallen in love with the breed but they seem nearly impossible to get over here! Even if you knew of any countries I could Import one of these breeds from would mean the world to me!

boston-terrier_01_lg.jpg
    Image from Animal Planet

Thanks Guys! :D
    Anthony,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

All Ireland Boston Terrier Club
    Mr S Campbell
    Phone: 01-8452289
    E-Mail: lisvarna@eircom.net
    Should be able to provide you with proper breeders (I've found at least three breeders in Ireland though not sure if active or not); from what a quick google showed me I'd expect around 1k+ price tag.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

As Nody says, be prepared to pay! They are fab little dogs, such happy little characters, but they have fallen into the hands of dodgy breeders here. Even dodgily produced ones are pricey, so a nice healthy wee pup will be expensive.
    I know a top-class breeder in Northern Ireland, he really knows his stuff, dogs are really well cared for, pups properly raised etc, just the sort of breeder we all try to recommend to people here! If you'd like his contact details, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 phea2

I'm getting a boston terrier from Northern Ireland next week. @DBB i would like to get the details of the one you are on about just to see if i know if him. I also found it difficult to find Boston terrier Breeders down here.. never seen a boston in Dublin neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Can I ask what appeals to you so much about this particular breed? Is it their look, the personality?

Reason I ask is that there may be other breeds that would satisfy your desire, but might not be so rare here.

My brother in New York has a rescued Boston called Bugsy,aka The Bug. He has tummy and skin problems, but they wouldn't swap him. He's a bit barmy! :D

PS If you dig Bostons, you'll love illustrator Lili Chen, whose muse is her Boston, Boogie. :)https://www.facebook.com/doggiedrawings

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kitroka

hi, I bought my boston baby from Hungary, he is on his way now. i'm really excited...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 phea2

kitroka wrote: »
    hi, I bought my boston baby from Hungary, he is on his way now. i'm really excited...

Hi, where are you based? I have a one year old boston. If you are in Dublin then it would be nice to introduce our dog to each other.

we live in Limerick city...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Did you visit the mother at least before you bought it or did you arrange it all over a web site? Because this sounds very much like a puppy farm deal at this stage (Hungary, Poland etc. are all known exporters of pups of various kinds with dubious parents to Western Europe both legally and illegaly).

oh no, Im not stupid, I looking after the best breeders in Hungary, I send letters to them, after I chosen the best one, and when travel to Hungary, visit them, talk with them, meet with all of their dog (inlc my puppys mother, yes) and I know everything about the father too. both parents are champion dogs, perfect healthy, and the breeder is the best in Hungary. is it oke for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

oh no, Im not stupid, I looking after the best breeders in Hungary, I send letters to them, after I chosen the best one, and when travel to Hungary, visit them, talk with them, meet with all of their dog (inlc my puppys mother, yes) and I know everything about the father too. both parents are champion dogs, perfect healthy, and the breeder is the best in Hungary. is it oke for you?

I believe every word..... honestly i do :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement