Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitch lock recommendation

• 14-06-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I just applied for my BE learner's license after learning that the B license doesnt cover towing anything over 750Kg despite what I posted in some other threads.

So, we will be purchasing a trailer in a few weeks and I was looking at hitch locks. The trailer will be stored in a livery yard with locked gates but I want to do as much as possible to ensure it isnt taken.

I'm sure there are no perfect lock but does anyone use this SAS (Safe & Secure) delivered for €100 from the SAS ebay shop:

521522261_o.jpg

Or Bulldog;
    2674_main.png

Or can anyone recommend an alternative. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

I have one similar to the sas one, in fact the exact same only with a different label on it! they are good as you can lock the trailer to your towing vehicle(remember to remove it before you drive) it is good and sturdy

the bulldog, seems to be a stronger design, looks tougher!

hitch locks are only a deterent, or something to slow the thief down, if they want your horsebox, they will take it. What they do is put a chain around the hitch and pull it away anyway!

an ally to the hitchlock in protecting your horsebox is putting a clamp on the wheel aswell

So my advice is buy a hitchlock, buy a wheelclamp aswell! and insure your horsebox against theft!

Advertisement