Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

prepay sim in billpay iphone

• 14-06-2013 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi
    My dad is due an upgrade, if he gets the iphone could i use it with my prepay sim and give him my phone? Were both vodofone customers so would I just need to go into the vodafone store and ask them to transfer my current sim to a sim suitable for use with an iphone??
    I also noticed on the vodafone store it says they'll send my dad out a new sim with his new iphone so would that make his old sim invalid??? My dads phone is a business phone so I dont want to mess up his number:eek:
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Cale

Just get him to call up and switch his SIM back over to the old one (if they've switched it to the new one). Be sorted in 2 minutes.

You'll have no problem using his iPhone.

The IMEI will be registered under his account - if he has insurance and something happens it, he won't be able to claim unless he changes the details to the phone you give him - he can call VF to do this also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Hi
    My dad is due an upgrade, if he gets the iphone could i use it with my prepay sim and give him my phone? Were both vodofone customers so would I just need to go into the vodafone store and ask them to transfer my current sim to a sim suitable for use with an iphone??
    I also noticed on the vodafone store it says they'll send my dad out a new sim with his new iphone so would that make his old sim invalid??? My dads phone is a business phone so I dont want to mess up his number:eek:
    Thanks

The new sim is probably because the old sim wont fit the new phone (iPhone 5?) Usually after you receive the phone and sim you ring vodafone and give them the details (number) of the new SIM card and the connection will be transferred to the new sim (takes only a few minutes). As for contacts (phonenumbers) they're actually stored on the phone so back up the old iPhone (on iCloud or pc) and then select restore from back up when setting up the new phone.
    That's your dad sorted.
    You can use his old phone with your sim if it fits or possibly use or dads old sim (again just ask VF to transfer your connection to that card) otherwise just get a SIM card in a VF shop. If your sim fits you can import your contacts from your sim. You probably would want to "erase all content and settings" from the iPhone first so you can set it up as a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭newtothis2011

Ok thanks. My Dad is with vodafone years and never gets upgrades, the phone hes using at the minute looks like a childs toy phone! Ive fancied an iphone for ages but not the price of one so I thought it would make sense for him to get it as an upgrade and Id use it and I could buy him a new samsung anti dust phone.
    Good to know my plan will work:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Ah sorry didn't read your 1st post properly. So yeah your plan should work and you can try your own sim in the phone or get vodafone to transfer your connection to the new sim. The sims are generic so they're not linked to any number until you tell vodafone what connection to link it to. Your dad can keep using his old sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

That sim Vodafone send with the iPhone is blank. You just need to ring Vodafone and ask them to swap your number onto it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement