Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No such interface supported...

Options
  • 14-06-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Really hoping some whizz kid genius can help me with this one as I'm totally ignorant beyond the basics when it comes to laptops.

I have a Windows 7 - Samsung R530 which I run the Panda antivirus on once a week. That's coming up with no virus' detected but when I turn on laptop a notice box comes up on screen saying;

C:\ProgramFiles\InternetExplorer\IExplore.exe
    No such interface supported

I can carry on and use my laptop perfectly except I can't download programs to it. I can use YouTube and add photos etc.

Don't know what's going on so if you're giving me instructions be very clear and as basic as possible please. I don't have money to leave it in and get fixed professionally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Do you use Internet Explorer? Do you mean you can't download programmes or can't install them?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Beckala

I use internet explorer and when I go to download a program, I press the 'RUN' option, it takes a min as if it's about to do it then it comes up with an error message to do with temporary files and Microsoft and ends with "no such interface supported"

Sounds like the antivirus might be preventing some DLLs working. Try disabling it temporarily and see if that makes a difference.

Janey Mac how do I do that?!

I'm not familiar with the Panda AV but if the antivirus is down in the taskbar by the clock you might be able right click it and find an option that says disable or turn off. Otherwise open the programme and try and find an option there. Be sure to re-enable it after testing it out.

• Advertisement

that's great, thanks for your help whizz kid!

Beckala wrote: »
    that's great, thanks for your help whizz kid!

Did it work?

:D sure did!

Advertisement