Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seller refusing to send off Registration Cert

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Seriously, this has to be some sort of a joke? The next step, OP, is for you to grow a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Seriously, this has to be some sort of a joke? The next step, OP, is for you to grow a pair.

A bit much don't you think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Maybe a few guards from hes local station should grow a pair,and pull there overpaid asses outfrom under there desks. And maybe call round to that chancers house and ask him to return the logbook.

Bloody hell this situation is crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Do not give another penny to this chap. Give in now, he knows he can come back for more now. Don't answer a text or any further calls. Write to your local superintendent saying your local garda would do nothing. They need to know about this.

BX 19 wrote: »
    Do not give another penny to this chap. Give in now, he knows he can come back for more now. Don't answer a text or any further calls. Write to your local superintendent saying your local garda would do nothing. They need to know about this.

It's in the solicitors hands now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Keep us informed anyway....not that I'm nosey or anything ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

My blood is boiling reading this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

Basically you're too sound. I hope you get one over on this lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

one77 wrote: »
    It's in the solicitors hands now!

Good luck buddy. Hopefully karma has something coming down the tracks for this lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

If it was me, I would arrange to meet him to hand money and VLC over, ask to see the VLC signed, only fair as he has withheld it from you. Once in your hand walk off from him, don't give him a thing. Make sure you have a mate or 2 around just in-case. Play him at his own game.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I wouldn't pay him a penny tbh,if he knows he can get 200 what's stopping him asking for more once you hand over the first lump.The legal route or a knock on his door would be the best way to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Basil Fawlty

You did the right thing going to the solicitor, leave it with them to sort. Even if it costs more in the end you will have a record in case any more surprises are in store for the future. Even if you handed over the rest of the cash they could still report the car as stolen after the logbook was signed. Never bow to bullying.

You did the right thing going to the solicitor, leave it with them to sort. Even if it costs more in the end you will have a record in case any more surprises are in store for the future. Even if you handed over the rest of the cash they could still report the car as stolen after the logbook was signed. Never bow to bullying.

Yeah that's the best thing in this case. As much as I'd love to meet up and just snatch it out of his hands, it wouldn't be the right thing to do as I'd still have to forge his signature and break the law. I just hope that people will see this thread and not be as easy, patient or stupid as I was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Jesus i am actually angry reading this, a lesson learned for you to not be a decent human being all the time.
    The guy is a chancer and i hope karma comes knocking.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

You got stiffed for giving into a bully. Think about it; if the guy was nice, you wouldn't have bought the car back. You bought it back only because the guy was a sh1t head and a bully. No way would i recommend handing over another cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

one77 wrote: »
    Yeah that's the best thing in this case. As much as I'd love to meet up and just snatch it out of his hands, it wouldn't be the right thing to do as I'd still have to forge his signature and break the law. I just hope that people will see this thread and not be as easy, patient or stupid as I was

No, you ask him to see the VLC signed, as he has already been a twat. Once you have it in your hands, put it in your pocket and walk off. Problem solved.

Also, stick his number up on a dating site. Advertise tickets for sale on a concert sold out or price them really cheap. Payback can be a bitch. Sure doesn't he have free kittens / puppies?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Also, stick his number up on a dating site. Advertise tickets for sale on a concert sold out or price them really cheap. Payback can be a bitch. Sure doesn't he have free kittens / puppies?

While this may be satisfying, I'd REALLY advise against in this case OP

You are the innocent party here and now that you've gone legal you don't want to risk the outcome by engaging in this sort of childish shyte. If you start this sort of messing it'll only lower you to their level and it could well be held against you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Wasnt there a thread on here a couple of weeks ago from a buyer of a car who was complaining of getting a puncture after buying it and the drivers window not working.
    What's the chances?

Advertisement