Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i have problems with my 1 quad lnb with 3 sat boxes attachec

Options
  • 14-06-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

ok i have one old sky dish with a quad lnb i attached an openbox s9 hd pvr works perfect then a second sat box a ferguson ariva 250 it worked perfect but when i attached a third box a ferguson ariva 50e and well it worked but when i power it up i lost all my hd channels on the other two boxes, switch it off and the channels come back staraight away on the other two boxes, i also am unable to recieve a lot of hd channels on the ariva 50 e ....... now i have the lnb power switched on on all 3 boxes i tried switching it off on 1 or 2 of them to see would that make a difference but to no avail.... so well expert advice please only

1 is my lnb the problem?????? is it possible i have one faulty connection on it causing the trouble
    2 should i have the power switched on to a quad lnb from all 3 sat boxes

again please expert advise only thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭zg3409

1 is my lnb the problem?????? is it possible i have one faulty connection on it causing the trouble

Yes
    2 should i have the power switched on to a quad lnb from all 3 sat boxes

again please expert advise only thanks

Yes.

It could be one of the receiver is faulty, causing the LNB to become faulty. It may be that the LNB is faulty. It may just be a co-incidence such as low signal, dodgy connections etc.

Personally I would try another LNB as they are so cheap, unless you happen to have spare boxes to test with.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 missilesting

Thanks i do happen to have a spare sky box pluged it in to test and the same thing is happening when i power it on i lost all the hd channels on the other boxes...... so i persume now it's the LNB thats at fault and needs replacement
    thanks again ZG3409

Advertisement