Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replica Chainsaw?

Options
  • 14-06-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Hey I was wondering does anyone know where I can get a reasonably cheap replica chainsaw? There is one on amazon but it's from the states and I need to start filming in 3 weeks, not sure if it would arrive in time. Also does anyone know where I can buy severed finger props?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Hey I was wondering does anyone know where I can get a reasonably cheap replica chainsaw? There is one on amazon but it's from the states and I need to start filming in 3 weeks, not sure if it would arrive in time. Also does anyone know where I can buy severed finger props?
    Have you tried any joke stores? Or even attempt to make them yourself? There are tons of Halloween DIY tutorials online. There is always the option of making the chainsaw in 3d software and editing it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

check this out

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ANIMATED-CHAINSAW-WITH-SOUND-AND-MOVING-CHAIN-halloween-PROP-29-/181068266239?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a28827aff

edit: actually here is a link for one in the uk, so less shipping and no need to pay extra vat on it. it looks ridiculous but you could modify it with a nice paint job

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

indough wrote: »
    check this out

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ANIMATED-CHAINSAW-WITH-SOUND-AND-MOVING-CHAIN-halloween-PROP-29-/181068266239?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a28827aff

edit: actually here is a link for one in the uk, so less shipping and no need to pay extra vat on it. it looks ridiculous but you could modify it with a nice paint job

Ooh, that looks perfect! Excess all the way, thanks! I just spotted a gory hand on that same website, I could use that instead of the finger cutting, it would be easier to shoot and gorier, excellent.

peterk675 wrote:
    Have you tried any joke stores? Or even attempt to make them yourself? There are tons of Halloween DIY tutorials online. There is always the option of making the chainsaw in 3d software and editing it in?

Will check out the joke shops, hopefully they can supply the severed fingers, making them myself is an idea. As for 3d software, I did this once in terms of modelling a gun and matching it to the footage, never again! I think it's generally a good maxim to have as much real life elements in a shot as possible, cg is a double edged sword, unless one is really good at it, ie modelling a cg gun or set that is completely photorealistic in a short amount of time, it's very time consuming and the results can be lacklustre.

Advertisement