Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who does the selection for the TUS programme?

Options
  • 14-06-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

I have been told by my uncle that the company he works for will be taking on people under the TUS programme, and after completion, you will go on the official waiting list for a job in the company.

I went to my local office and asked to put my name forward for it but they told me 'participants are selected at random and the local office does not select you'.

Does anybody know who does the selection as i want to contact them and ask can i do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Mucker2020

Hey Kilograms,

Just wondering have you followed up on this...a friend of mine was selected but his is unsure about it,it sounds like community work and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭kilograms

Mucker2020 wrote: »
    Hey Kilograms,

Just wondering have you followed up on this...a friend of mine was selected but his is unsure about it,it sounds like community work and all that...

I have been back in touch with my local office but they told me there is nothing i can do if i am not selected.

South Dublin County Council is the place i want to do it with because there is a very small chance of gaining employment.

Depending on where you get it, yes it can be basically community work and i have also heard some people say its a type of slavery, been ordered around and not been appreciated.

Advertisement