Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can i get this plant back to health?

• 14-06-2013 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

It never covered it over winter and it appears to be the result of frost damage.

I am thinking also that the pot might be a little on the small side.

I had a number of these about 8 feet high a few years ago but they all died after being damaged by frost during the winter.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

It looks like there may be a bit of life in it yet. The problem is you are going to have to pot it up and the pot you have it in looks a funny shape not condusive to removing the plant.

Any way pot it up and give it a feed and see what happens. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep, those pots where the neck is narrower than the main body of the pot are a curse. you either have to break up/saw up the rootball, or break the pot to get the plant out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Or you scrape out a bit of compost round the top edge if you can, then put the pot on its side and roll it around fairly vigorously while waggling the plant. As you can access it, brush off any loose compost with your hand. I got a large shrub out of a pot with no damage at all to rootball or pot with that method!

Advertisement