Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The cure for exercise is at hand. No more shall you be shackled to the barbell.

http://www.scripps.edu/newsandviews/e_20130729/burris.html
    article wrote:
    These findings could lead to new approaches to helping people with conditions that acutely limit exercise tolerance, such as obesity, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and congestive heart failure, as well as the decline of muscle capacity associated with aging.

That's hilarious, obesity limits exercise tolerance so they have a drug to reduce the effects of obesity on exercise. Exercise is what they should be prescribing, not a f*cking endurance drug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Dermighty wrote: »
    That's hilarious, obesity limits exercise tolerance so they have a drug to reduce the effects of obesity on exercise. Exercise is what they should be prescribing, not a f*cking endurance drug.

Worth it to hopefully see some pudgy salad dodger chasing down the kenyans with his diddies swinging in the brazilian sun in 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Have you been brainfu*ked today? No? Well try this. Let the record state I got to 5 mins 3seconds. Anyone who can finish the whole thing wins signature bragging rights. And its fitness related, in fact I think for Hanley to move rev forward he should start going in this direction. any way with out much further ado.

Watched it all, I want my rights. But the rights can't fix the damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Have you been brainfu*ked today? No? Well try this. Let the record state I got to 5 mins 3seconds. Anyone who can finish the whole thing wins signature bragging rights. And its fitness related, in fact I think for Hanley to move rev forward he should start going in this direction. any way with out much further ado.

Its like an Asian bodybuilding version of a clockwork orange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Weirdest video I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well that was weird, made it the whole way through I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Slightly old but guaranteed to give you all kinds of feels:

http://imgur.com/a/EyzKg#0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

This got the whole of Sydney laughing. Read it and you'll see why! Just imagine sitting in traffic on your way to work and hearing this. Many Sydney folks DID hear this on the FOX FM morning show in Sydney.

The DJs play a game where they award winners great prizes. The game is called 'Mate Match'. The DJs call someone at work and ask if they are married or seriously involved with someone. If the contestant answers'yes',he or she is then asked 3 random yet highly personal questions.

The person is also asked to divulge the name of their partner with (phone number) for verification. If their partner answers those same three questions correctly, they both win the prize.

One particular game, however, several months ago made the Harbour City drop to its knees with laughter and is possibly the funniest thing you've heard yet.

Anyway, here's how it all went down:

DJ: 'Hey! This is Ed on FOX-FM. Have you ever heard of 'Mate Match'?'
    Contestant: (laughing) 'Yes, I have.'
    DJ: 'Great! Then you know we're giving away a trip to the Gold Coast if you win.
    What is your name? First only please.'
    Contestant: 'Brian.'
    DJ: 'Brian, are you married or what?'
    Brian: (laughing nervously) 'Yes, I am married.'
    DJ: 'Thank you. Now, what is your wife's name? First only please.'
    Brian: 'Sara.'
    DJ: 'Is Sara at work, Brian?'
    Brian: 'She is gonna kill me.'
    DJ: 'Stay with me here, Brian! Is she at work?'
    Brian: (laughing) 'Yes, she's at work.'
    DJ: 'Okay, first question - when was the last time you had sex?'
    Brian: 'About 8 o'clock this morning.'
    DJ: 'Atta boy, Brian.'
    Brian: (laughing sheepishly) 'Well...'
    DJ: 'Question #2 - How long did it last?'
    Brian: 'About 10 minutes.'
    DJ: 'Wow! You really want that trip, huh? No one would ever have said that if a trip wasn't at stake.'
    Brian: 'Yeah, that trip sure would be nice.'
    DJ: 'Okay. Final question. Where did you have sex at 8 o'clock this morning?
    Brian: (laughing hard) 'I, ummm, I, well...'
    DJ: 'This sounds good, Brian. Where was it at?'
    Brian: 'Not that it was all that great, but her mum is staying with us for couple of weeks...'
    DJ: 'Uh huh...'
    Brian: '...and the Mother-In-Law was in the shower at the time.'
    DJ: 'Atta boy, Brian.'
    Brian: 'On the kitchen table.'
    DJ: 'Not that great?? That is more adventure than the previous hundred times I've done it.
    Okay folks, I will put Brian on hold, get his wife's work number and call her up.
    You listen to this.'

[3 minutes of commercials follow. ]

DJ: 'Okay audience; let's call Sarah, shall we?' (Touch tones.....ringing....)
    Clerk: 'Kinkos.'
    DJ: 'Hey, is Sarah around there somewhere?'
    Clerk: 'This is she.'
    DJ: 'Sarah, this is Ed with FOX-FM. We are live on the air right now and I've been talking with Brian for a couple of hours now.'
    Sarah: (laughing) 'A couple of hours?'
    DJ: 'Well, a while now. He is on the line with us. Brian knows not to give any answers away or you'll lose. Sooooooo... do you know the rules of 'Mate Match'?'
    Sarah: 'No.'
    DJ: 'Good!'
    Brian: (laughing)
    Sarah: (laughing) 'Brian, what the hell are you up to?'
    Brian: (laughing) 'Just answer his questions honestly, okay? Be completely honest.'
    DJ: 'Yeah yeah yeah. Sure. Now, I will ask you 3 questions, Sarah. If your answers match Brian's answers, then the both of you will be off to the Gold Coast for 5 days on us.
    Sarah: (laughing) 'Yes.'
    DJ: 'Alright. When did you last have sex, Sarah?'
    Sarah: 'Oh God, Brian....uh, this morning before Brian went to work.'
    DJ: 'What time?'
    Sarah: 'Around 8 this morning.'
    DJ: 'Very good. Next question. How long did it last?'
    Sarah: '12, 15 minutes maybe.'
    DJ: 'Hmmmm. That's close enough. I am sure she is trying to protect is manhood. We've got one last question, Sarah. You are one question away from a trip to the Gold Coast. Are you ready?'
    Sarah: (laughing) 'Yes.'
    DJ: 'Where did you have it?'
    Sarah: 'OH MY GOD, BRIAN!! You didn't tell them that did you?'
    Brian: 'Just tell him, honey.'
    DJ: 'What is bothering you so much, Sarah?'
    Sarah: 'Well...'
    DJ: Come on Sarah.....where did you have it?
    Sarah: 'Up the arse.....'

They had to call an ambulance for the DJ he thought he was going to have a heart attack, he could not stop laughing. Apparently there was an unusually high call out of the Sydney Police just after this conversation, for minor traffic collisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Please tell me they still got the trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

There was a thread made here in the last few weeks, called "new fitness website" or something like that. It linked to a good new, research based site with sample routines etc. I forgot to bookmark it and can't find the thread. Can anyone help me find it? I think the site was called something like "weight training science.com".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

juke wrote: »

That's the one! Cheers.

CM24 wrote: »
    That's the one! Cheers.

Great site.

Daily lulz

tYWBVQR.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

God+Lift+The+Queen.+Avin+yourself+a+giggle+m8_965a34_4397397.jpg

cfcaa506b59403d4c4cf097ed2b4ff62.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

How much of that Olympus protein is soy protein...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Please tell me they still got the trip!
    No they didn't, because it never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Mickk wrote: »
    How much of that Olympus protein is soy protein...

I'd guess a fair amount. Its the last listed ingredient in the "ProXL Blend" though. I'd say there's pathetic amounts of Isolate as well as it's behind even the Cookies and Cream flavouring. Most of the cheaper brands always contain soy. NXT Nutrition, NX Nutrition, Multipower, Matador Muscle etc.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    No they didn't, because it never happened.

Disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Oisinjm wrote: »
    I'd guess a fair amount. Its the last listed ingredient in the "ProXL Blend" though. I'd say there's pathetic amounts of Isolate as well as it's behind even the Cookies and Cream flavouring. Most of the cheaper brands always contain soy. NXT Nutrition, NX Nutrition, Multipower, Matador Muscle etc.

I might be wrong but I believe by listing something as a blend and having the ingredients of a blend inside brackets it gets out of the usual requirement to list the ingredients inside brackets in order of most to least so it can be very deceptive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

cfcaa506b59403d4c4cf097ed2b4ff62.jpg

Stop stealing stuff from COH's graphic diary

"Time to shlick" :D:D:D:D

Anyone try lidls protein cookies? Got the mint one today to try it out. It's nice to begin but leaves a horrible texture in your mouth afterwards.

Anyone try lidls protein cookies? Got the mint one today to try it out. It's nice to begin but leaves a horrible texture in your mouth afterwards.

Just bought a mint and an orange one - not bad at all actually

Ah Lidl proteins, I walked past them today, I noticed they were selling Creatine. Most of the people that shop in lidl probably won't even know what creatine is and the ones that have heard of it think it's steroids or something. So I'd imagine it'll be sitting on the shelf for a while.

• Advertisement

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Ah Lidl proteins, I walked past them today, I noticed they were selling Creatine. Most of the people that shop in lidl probably won't even know what creatine is and the ones that have heard of it think it's steroids or something. So I'd imagine it'll be sitting on the shelf for a while.

Yeah there was a loooooad of them in my local. I got the shakes too to see what they're like but haven't tried them.

They Should be nice considering all the sugar in them....

They were selling nightvision goggles yesterday...

COH wrote: »
    They were selling nightvision goggles yesterday...

They're selling everything lately:pac: I look forward to getting the Sunday paper to see what's in Lidl and Aldi the coming week:pac:

On a fitness related topic. This video saddens me;

Seriously how was that squat depth?

• Advertisement

Daily functional lulz

xWGlfpH.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Zombienosh wrote: »

Don't know about that. Every lidl I've been in has always had several large Polish/Latvian/Lithuanian gentlemen in there. I'm also fairly sure they know a market when the see it.

Lol, Emmet where the fuck are you getting these from?

Lol, Emmet where the fuck are you getting these from?

4chan mainly

On a fitness related topic. This video saddens me;

Ugh, no issue with the bench - at least there were no knee wraps tucked under ;) - or dead but the squat depth :o

It's like the new rule is that all you have to do is continuously descend for 5 seconds and it's good.

Ugh, no issue with the bench - at least there were no knee wraps tucked under ;) - or dead but the squat depth :o

It's like the new rule is that all you have to do is continuously descend for 5 seconds and it's good.

That's a silly rule, if you really go slow enough you're gone barely nowhere. The deadlift and the bench were solid and I think he could have done quite a bit more on the deadlift. I just don't get how the squat was called okay.

Efferding any day!

FYI it's not an actual rule, just me poking fun at the judges interpretation!

Mind you the competitor in me says that if that's the standard the judges are looking for, why bother trying to hit a depth that would get an IPF three whites.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Without seeing the vid - y'all talking about Hoff??

Disgusting.

FYI it's not an actual rule, just me poking fun at the judges interpretation!

Mind you the competitor in me says that if that's the standard the judges are looking for, why bother trying to hit a depth that would get an IPF three whites.

Oh I see:p

Exactly, it's crazy to think that that squat passed. Imagine how a proper side on view would have looked?:eek:
    Hanley wrote: »

Disgusting.

Yep, the neutron himself:pac:

First thing I'm doing when my back stops hurting
    BtfSNlD.jpg

• Advertisement

BtfSNlD.jpg

Last thing you'll be doing when your back stops hurting too if that goes wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Nothing like a blow-out weekend in London followed by a 17 hour working day to upset gym activities. Back to it this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

BtfSNlD.jpg

That the advanced supple leopard test?

Ant11 wrote: »
    That the advanced supple leopard test?

Could do with some voodoo floss bands thrown in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Could do with some voodoo floss bands thrown in

I had to google that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Hanley wrote: »

Disgusting.

I agree.

But, as the lifter... what do you do there? Like, ignore Hoff and his own colourful background... if a judge white lights you, what do you do? Watch the video and then withdraw your lift or something?

I've been thinking about it ever since I saw the meet... obviously the problem lies in the judging and the 'pressure' that big name gyms can apply to feds (which they theoretically are separate from... but aren't) but I still don't know what the lifter can do here. (Apart from squat to depth every time but I'd wager the majority of us have missed squats on depth when pushing for a PR in competition.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I just don't get the ****ing point of half depth 1200lbs 'squats'. He could probably nail an amazing 1000lbs squat with good depth too and it would be more impressive. The Deadlift in that vid is ****ing sick, man of immense strength. I just don't understand the thinking behind these way above parallel monster weight squats.

What a legend of a man. Could sit and watch his videos all day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

so turns out the swelling in my knuckle, and lack of mobility is some fluid build-up in the tendon sheath, and in the RCL and also a partial tear in the RCL. It will hear in time, its just a pain in the hole. I have a letter from the doc for a steroid/cortisone injection. What are they like?

• Advertisement

I'd try and avoid the cortisone injection at all costs. They really **** up the soft tissue they inject into. A good manual therapist should be able to help drain the tissue and start breaking up any scar tissue or at least introduce some new mobility into the tendon. If you're in dublin I'd reccommend Alexandria craig in capital strength.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement