Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I train with him a bit. He was doing 250 for multiple sets of 3 on Thursday night. Don't think he was videoing though.

You shouldda done the decent thing.

Invest in a selfie stick, ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Best place to buy an ab wheel in ireland?

EDIT: Nevermind. Remember d8 fitness

Best place to buy an ab wheel in ireland?

EDIT: Nevermind. Remember d8 fitness

Have seen them as specials in Aldi/Lidl but they're only €15 in D8 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Hi I'm going to Cross fit twice a week but I'm very close to a gym and thought I might do some rowing to compliment the other good work I've been doing. Are there any good beginner's programs I can look at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Brian? wrote: »
    I'm watching my 4 year old son doing assisted pull-ups in his gymnastics, it's brilliant to watch.

My next mission is to find an Olympic lifting class for him :)

My five-year old daughter was trying handstand push-ups the other night. I wish I could say she was copying me :pac:

The good thing about crossfit is that some of the reebok crossfit gear is pretty nice

The good thing about crossfit is that some of the reebok crossfit gear is pretty nice

Really bloody nice. I'm wearing these pants right now :D

I've had a very bold weekend. I'm going to suck at the gym tonight :/

I thought I had felt all forms of doms but ab doms is the worst.

Feels bad man

6nABbG.jpg

Yes. I sucked at the gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

oh there really is nothing better than making easy pb's , such a good feeling:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Those trousers disturb me and I don't know why.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Those trousers disturb me and I don't know why.

They're definitely love em or hate em pants. I'm so very in love with them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Yes. I sucked at the gym.

Did you at least get his name?? :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

They're definitely love em or hate em pants. I'm so very in love with them!

Oh I don't hate them, I'm disturbed by them. They look like a rorschach test in trouser form.

This could be because I'm getting old and don't understand what the kids are wearing.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Oh I don't hate them, I'm disturbed by them. They look like a rorschach test in trouser form.

This could be because I'm getting old and don't understand what the kids are wearing.

:pac:

I'm getting old too, perhaps I shouldn't be wearing them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TracyWills

that's a nice pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

TracyWills wrote: »
    that's a nice pants.

Spamming some nonsense about the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

http://np.reddit.com/r/gainit/comments/2zfjmf/bad_day_at_the_gym_completely_demoralized/

Kid has a bad first trip to the gym and considers not returning. Arnie gives a pretty inspirational reply:
    Someone told me about this. I hope I'm not too late here, I'm traveling, but I wanted to chime in.
    I always say don't be afraid of failure, because how far can you really fall? You found out - to the ground. It's right there. Now you know it isn't anything that should scare you.
    You should be proud that you weren't afraid - not embarrassed that you failed. You could have made excuses not to walk into the door, but you didn't. You knew it would be hard, and it would be uncomfortable, and it might be awkward - and you did it anyway. That's courage.
    I'm proud of you.
    The last guy I rooted for broke a world record in the deadlift. You have more in common with him than you think.
    First, he started out lifting just the bar, too (when you look at him, he may have been 3 months old at that point). Second, imagine his courage. He walked up to that bar in front of a big audience and television cameras, knowing that not only had he never lifted that much before - NO ONE on earth had - and it was highly likely he would completely fail. You may not think about it this way, but you showed that courage, on a smaller level.
    Finally, I'm rooting for you, too. You took the first step and you fell, but at least you fell in the right direction, so get back up and take the next step. Keep moving forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Great post. Can't not read it in Arnies voice though.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

350g Mini Chicken fillets for €2 in Lidl thursday. Gaaaiiinns!

conzy wrote: »
    350g Mini Chicken fillets for €2 in Lidl thursday. Gaaaiiinns!

Works out 6euro a kilo. Get there before other gymrats clear the shelves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Got my 2.5 captains of crush. Serious piece of equipment. Are they meant to meet?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Dtp1979 wrote:
    Got my 2.5 captains of crush. Serious piece of equipment. Are they meant to meet??

Yep. Where you the one I was talking to before about them? They are damn hard to close alright!

Drinking almond milk and MyProtein Cinnamon Danish whey..

200_s.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Yep. Where you the one I was talking to before about them? They are damn hard to close alright!

Ah it's pretty easy to close them using 2 hands. Ye it was me who was talkin bout them

• Advertisement

my new power perfects arrived and they're so shiny but i'm too sick to train right now so i might clomp around the house in them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

bluewolf wrote: »
    my new power perfects arrived and they're so shiny but i'm too sick to train right now so i might clomp around the house in them

I only got to use mine 3 or 4 times before I jammed up my hamstring; I've been looking at them longingly for the past month or so, but fingers crossed come 21:00 tomorrow night them bishes are getting dusted off for a squattin'!

When I got mine, I didn't so much walk around the house in them as do the Russian squat dance around the place.

Should have got the adipowers because you will eventually buy them.

Should have got the adipowers because you will eventually buy them.

you be nice to my shiny new shoes

• Advertisement

First session tonight in my new adipowers! I could feel the power!

you be nice to my shiny new shoes

Don't get me wrong. They're great shoes but they're gateway ones. They give you a free taste by letting you try on a pair and next thing you know you are giving handjobs in dark alleys to get the funds for limited edition adipowers and a used Lidia Valentin sweat towel.

Those dark days..

EmcD123 wrote: »
    First session tonight in my new adipowers! I could feel the power!

Thought you got Power Perfects?

Decided to splash out,since they'll last for years and years anyway especially since I payed some and parents payed the rest as part of the birthday present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Will be interested to hear if you feel they make much of a difference. Will be expecting 3 figure squats from ye now :D :pac:

:D
    week 2 squat day is the next workout on my list whenever i get to be able to do it, so we'll see then!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Will be interested to hear if you feel they make much of a difference. Will be expecting 3 figure squats from ye now :D :pac:

FFS shut up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I deadlifted in weightlifting shoes and I liked it, that it all.

JJayoo wrote: »
    I deadlifted in weightlifting shoes and I liked it, that it all.

is it not just a clean pull then

No.

The shoes aren't the differentiation between a deadlift and clean pull.

• Advertisement

No there was a lot of chalk all over the place.

No.

The shoes aren't the differentiation between a deadlift and clean pull.

ya of course ,but it just seems like it would be difficult to properly deadlift in them, would it not be strange what with the way the shoes distribute your weight

ya of course ,but it just seems like it would be difficult to properly deadlift in them, would it not be strange what with the way the shoes distribute your weight

It's JJayoo.

He's wonky.

JJayoo wrote: »
    No there was a lot of chalk all over the place.

Took a few seconds to get it.... :p but then i LOL'ed hard enough that everyone around me is looking at me funny..

New training shoes are the nicest thing ever ever ever.

I'm sick too :(

So very bloody sick. I have tonsillitis and bronchitis (still got me a decent place on today's leaderboard :cool: - not that I should have even been in the gym but still :().

No training for me this week. I'll be lucky to get to yoga on Thursday and I've a poxy wedding on Friday. I don't even like yoga.

New training shoes are the nicest thing ever ever ever.

I'm sick too :(

So very bloody sick. I have tonsillitis and bronchitis (still got me a decent place on today's leaderboard :cool: - not that I should have even been in the gym but still :().

No training for me this week. I'll be lucky to get to yoga on Thursday and I've a poxy wedding on Friday. I don't even like yoga.

Is it true yoga smells of cabbage from people farting due to not being use to the positions?

Is it true yoga smells of cabbage from people farting due to not being use to the positions?

I don't think she made us bend that far last week but I'll report back this week.

My god the woman can BEND

Cabbage cloaked in lavender.

Watching my 600lb life. Guy is 34 and weighs 675lbs. Dafaq!

His legs are black from the weight. Goes around on mobility scooter and apparently this is getting worse in America, that Walmart have mobility scooters for customers.

• Advertisement

Watching my 600lb life. Guy is 34 and weighs 675lbs. Dafaq!

His legs are black from the weight. Goes around on mobility scooter and apparently this is getting worse in America, that Walmart have mobility scooters for customers.

Ya but think of the epic calves that lurk beneath the flab.

In other random news, I have grown frustrated with the refusal of my kiwis to ripen, so I have blended all 15, skin and all, into a saucepan full of green slop, Fcuk you Supervalue for selling me **** kiwis.

Feels like I'm drinking hair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement