Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Dat spot tho'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What a ****ing spot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I watched that video lastnight, what exactly happened? Looks like he set us tight but then to lift the bar out of the monolift he almost had to shrug it up and lost all tightness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I sincerely hope people aren't suggesting the spotting wasn't up to scratch on that squat vid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hanley wrote: »
    I sincerely hope people aren't suggesting the spotting wasn't up to scratch on that squat vid.

It took that curiosity to get me to watch it earlier.

I can only assume they're saying it was top spotting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

The spotting was on the money all day. Besides when something goes wrong that fast with that sort of weight all the spotters in the world aren't going to be able to react in time to prevent it. Despite how bad it was it certainly could have been worse though.

Was reading that they had to drill holes in his knees to reattach his quad tendons :eek:

I can only imagine that it can be all too easy for spotters to switch off because they're not needed for the vast majority of lifts so the speed of reaction is all the more impressive.

The spot comments were about the bench video that Caliden posted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Thud

Think the're talking about that bench spot in the above video saving yer mans face

• Advertisement

My post was referring to the astoundingly good bench spotting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JJayoo wrote: »
    The spot comments were about the bench video that Caliden posted
    This.
    Lightening reactions from your man, on a rep/set that looked easy enough.
    COH wrote: »
    Was reading that they had to drill holes in his knees to reattach his quad tendons :eek:

Yeah pretty much. To reattached, they probably drilled holes in his kneecap and sutured the ruptured tendons end to the holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much. To reattached, they probably drilled holes in his kneecap and sutured the ruptured tendons end to the holes.

I'll take "Things I Wish I Hadn't Read" for $500 please Alex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

some clown who trains in the gym was benching 140kg last night

would get a spot from his mates and plenty of hollering and shouts of encouragement. would bring the bar down about an " from being lifted out and then back up for 2 reps

This should not bother or effect me but it ****ing annoyed me so much. I Was seething for the rest of the night , still am, if im being truthful

some clown who trains in the gym was benching 140kg last night

would get a spot from his mates and plenty of hollering and shouts of encouragement. would bring the bar down about an " from being lifted out and then back up for 2 reps

This should not bother or effect me but it ****ing annoyed me so much. I Was seething for the rest of the night , still am, if im being truthful

:confused:

What's the problem? Why would you care?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    :confused:

What's the problem? Why would you care?

Jelly...

Cos bro can claim a 140k bench :D

...even if he's a sludgy turd.

• Advertisement

I dont know why I care, im just like that. Im a very jealous, angry, insecure individual

fwiw I can correctly bench 130kg on my own with a pair of shades on and a snap back. so there

fwiw I can correctly bench 130kg on my own with a pair of shades on and a snap back. so there

Maybe...but you can't bench 140 so that clown bewearin' the power pants in your gym.

I saw a guy doing half reps today which only bothered me a tiny bit until he got up and walked off without re racking his weights
    HEY PAL YOU FORGOT YOUR WEIGHTS

Maybe...but you can't bench 140 so that clown bewearin' the power pants in your gym.

obvisoulsy next week, ill update this thread with a post declaring I successfully benched 150kg :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

bluewolf wrote: »
    I saw a guy doing half reps today which only bothered me a tiny bit until he got up and walked off without re racking his weights
    HEY PAL YOU FORGOT YOUR WEIGHTS

YOU CAN KEEP THEM SINCE YOU KEPT STARING AT THEM!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Daily reminder: that people are either stupid or trolls on MFP

Rice cake 19 calories but 80g carbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Daily reminder: that people are either stupid or trolls on MFP

Rice cake 19 calories but 80g carbs

Looks like they got it backwards! :pac:

Quadzilla tshirt is 25 plus 25 shipping wah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

bluewolf wrote: »
    Quadzilla tshirt is 25 plus 25 shipping wah

Cheaper, but maybe a little too hipster :D
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/wookiehumper/works/11830044-quadzilla?p=t-shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I'd rather spend that money on one of Dom Mazzetti/Broscience Life's shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I was going to get a Reps for Jesus t shirt and then I got a t shirt very similar to Chris duffins whiskey and deadlifts shirts for only 3.50.
    It's v hard to justify paying over ten times the money after that.
    ...... I'll just shout "DONT SPOT ME WATCH ME BRO!" and do dumbell curls in the squat rack instead

Really increased the range the last while. Got a laugh out of this one this morning.

Capture.jpg

Has anyone else ever been bruised by a foam roller? I gave my lats a good goin over yesterday and my back looks like I was whipped

Has anyone else ever been bruised by a foam roller? I gave my lats a good goin over yesterday and my back looks like I was whipped

You might have kept the pressure on those spots for too long.

You might have kept the pressure on those spots for too long.

It's funny it just goes to show how quickly things tighten up because I've used a pic pipe plenty of times before and it was grand. Very sore but grand.
    I'll live, it's not like I'm a back model or anything!

• Advertisement

It's funny it just goes to show how quickly things tighten up because I've used a pic pipe plenty of times before and it was grand. Very sore but grand.
    I'll live, it's not like I'm a back model or anything!

It's not necessarily how hard the surface is against your back. It's sometimes just the length of time that the pressure is applied to the same spot might cause a small bit of tissue damage underneath.

I found out the hard way because I am a back model.

It's not necessarily how hard the surface is against your back. It's sometimes just the length of time that the pressure is applied to the same spot might cause a small bit of tissue damage underneath.

I found out the hard way because I am a back model.

Ouch! Now that would hurt!
    That's good to know because alot of times I can't roll for very long at all but yester because it hurt so much I kept at it until everything opened out and relaxed which definitely took longer than normal

Ouch! Now that would hurt!
    That's good to know because alot of times I can't roll for very long at all but yester because it hurt so much I kept at it until everything opened out and relaxed which definitely took longer than normal

Ease into it in terms of the pressure you allow to be applied to what you want to release. And just do what you normally do in terms of time spent - you shouldnn't really be applying full pressure for more than 20 seconds at a time. You can always come back to the more troublesome areas a second time when the muscle has had a little more time to relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

I can't use a rumble roller because I end up so bruised after. :(:(

Although I do bruise easy...last time I went to roll my forearm with a ball I ended up with a MASSIVE black bruise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

My pecs bruise really badly when I try and apply pressure, even doing it by hand will do it. Its a pain as they're so tight.

Stacking 25kg bags of sheep chow makes a perfect adjustable jump platform, with zero risk of missing and smashing shins.

#SheepGainz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Got my 1.5 captains of crush. A little easier than the 2.5 alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Dtp1979 wrote:
    Got my 1.5 captains of crush. A little easier than the 2.5 alright

A little or a good bit... Still haven't gotten around to getting a second one yet.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    A little or a good bit... Still haven't gotten around to getting a second one yet.

I just got them. I'm in work. I did 10 each hand and was just about manageable.

• Advertisement

What are they for? Grip strength?

9bred4 wrote: »
    What are they for? Grip strength?

Got it in 1.

Even the knurl on the grips would toughen the skin quite a lot id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Folks can anyone recommend decent shoes? Mostly lifting, circuits. No running.

I've been told to look into the Reebok Nano 3s but they're pretty much impossible to get (Foot Locker seems to have them but its having a slight disagreement with my card).

Nano 4's are £85 which I can spend but I'll have to wait until payday.

Any others I should look at?

misslt wrote: »

I've been told to look into the Reebok Nano 3s but they're pretty much impossible to get (Foot Locker seems to have them but its having a slight disagreement with my card).

Go to TKMaxx and buy the shoe with the biggest discount, doesn't matter if it fits

misslt wrote:

misslt wrote:

misslt wrote:

misslt wrote:

Go into pennys and get some converse rip offs. They'll be a fifth of the price and will be absolutely fine

• Advertisement

misslt wrote: »

I have the Nano 4's myself and to be quite honest they don't really match the price tag. A good workout shoe but needs to be a bit cheaper to do it justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

9bred4 wrote: »
    I have the Nano 4's myself and to be quite honest they don't really match the price tag. A good workout shoe but needs to be a bit cheaper to do it justice.

They are a hard-wearing shoe, designed to go up and down ropes and not rip to shreds(which I have seen). If you were doing normal circuits, I couldn't see why you would buy them.

They are a hard-wearing shoe, designed to go up and down ropes and not rip to shreds(which I have seen). If you were doing normal circuits, I couldn't see why you would buy them.

Well I do Crossfit a bit and do (try) rope work. I'm not saying they aren't a good shoe, just the price point was all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Go into pennys and get some converse rip offs. They'll be a fifth of the price and will be absolutely fine

I was in Elverys on Friday and they had converse imitations for about 15 euro

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    I was in Elverys on Friday and they had converse imitations for about 15 euro

Tenner in Dunnes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement