Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Most days, someone buys a cake or sweets from their holidays and brings them in and leaves them at the end of the desks.

If you politely decline a slice of cake, you are literally bullied into taking some to make the other overweight people feel better about themselves.

I like spying from my desk and observing who eats what sweets, the amount taken and the amount of repeat visits. I then analyse their body shape and draw my own conclusions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well, this thread has taken a turn for the worse.
    I like spying from my desk and observing who eats what sweets, the amount taken and the amount of repeat visits. I then analyse their body shape and draw my own conclusions.

That says a whole lot more about you than it does them tbh.

im a nasty person. Im very cynical, bitter and grumpy

I Recognise these flaws and im at ease with myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Most days, someone buys a cake or sweets from their holidays and brings them in and leaves them at the end of the desks.

If you politely decline a slice of cake, you are literally bullied into taking some

THIS. Happens all the time in my place of work. Always highlighted too, "oh look, Connollys def wont be eating any of this. C'mon, its so tasty." And worse then, if I do sometimes take some, its highlighted more, LOOK everyone Connollys is actually taking some cake, sweets etc.

Id love to pull my boss (the main protagonist) aside and pretend I have/had an eating disorder or something, just to see the smile wiped from his face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

conzy wrote: »
    Woman in work doing a 3 day juice "detox"

A) mind my own business
    B) tell her it's nonsense and a waste of money

Seeing this really grinds my gears. People obviously do these terrible unhealthy fad diets because they think it will help them change for the better.. You can bet with 99% certainty that she will go back to her terrible nutrition on day 4

Do you try and help these people? Train hard 3+ days a week and monitor your calorie intake is not as sexy as 90 euro worth of magic juice though

Are you nuts? She'll have thoroughly researched her weight loss plan, it's fool proof, sure it's cost €90, it definitely works, LOOK - IT SAYS SO ON THE BOX/WEBSITE, and you are only trying to sabotage her/your way is far too slow/unrealistic or something...

Most of us have been her, I know I wouldn't have listened to you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I've only ever been using normal chalk, is liquid chalk any use(from myProtein)?
    same,worse,better?

papu wrote: »
    I've only ever been using normal chalk, is liquid chalk any use(from myProtein)?
    same,worse,better?

I find it the exact same, less mess. I dont allow myself to buy it though as Ill end up wasting the whole bottle in one session watching it dry on my hands.

papu wrote: »
    same,worse,better?

I like the liquid chalk.

I know a lot of people prefer the chalk but I can't say I found the liquid chalk any worse anyway. Kinda preferred it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Fact of the day: Liquid Chalk does not make good lube.

• Advertisement

yeah, that would be pretty silly. However just applying some on is a nice sensation in a weird way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

yeah, that would be pretty silly. However just applying some on is a nice sensation in a weird way
    Nice sensations? Ehh, where are you applying it???

every clock and watch in my house is an hour fast, always been that way
    today for first time ever, I am woke up an hour earlier without going back to sleep for an extra hour

left the house at 7am instead of 8am

lol this is going to be a waccy day

do you know what's great, onions are great

I've recently discovered nipple chafing. Sweet mother of god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Only had that once back in my running days. Was caused by just one of my running t-shirts, which incidentally was the only one too big for me.

Oh, and vaseline on the nipples does nothing except stain the nipple area of the t-shirt.

Just wear a bra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

As a slightly... larger... runner, I found this used to happen me with t-shirts that were either too heavy or too big for me.

My general theory was: heavy t-shirt = pulled down by gravity (and copious sweat) = rubbing on nipples = looking like a lactating gorilla with a sideways interest in BDSM.

My solution was to wear incredibly light t-shirts (Under Armour mostly) and tuck the t-shirt into my shorts... the t-shirt being tucked in equalled not pulling down so much over my sensitive gorilla nips.

Are you an actual Gorilla?

As a slightly... larger... runner, I found this used to happen me with t-shirts that were either too heavy or too big for me.

My general theory was: heavy t-shirt = pulled down by gravity (and copious sweat) = rubbing on nipples = looking like a lactating gorilla with a sideways interest in BDSM.

My solution was to wear incredibly light t-shirts (Under Armour mostly) and tuck the t-shirt into my shorts... the t-shirt being tucked in equalled not pulling down so much over my sensitive gorilla nips.

I am wearing Under Armour, and it's a perfect fit, doesn't hang lose but not too tight. :(

I'm sorry but I refuse to tuck my t-shirts in. :D I'll just have to get creative, maybe a plaster or two, but can't see them lasting long as after 10 minutes I look like I've stepped under Niagra Falls.
    JJayoo wrote: »
    Just wear a bra

What moob sizes do they come in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I am wearing Under Armour, and it's a perfect fit, doesn't hang lose but not too tight. :(

I'm sorry but I refuse to tuck my t-shirts in. :D I'll just have to get creative, maybe a plaster or two, but can't see them lasting long as after 10 minutes I look like I've stepped under Niagra Falls.

What moob sizes do they come in?

If you're over a B cup then you need to stop bench pressing or lose weight

vaseline

I played for a team that our football shirts were the skin tight nylon ones. some of the others used to get bleeding nipples but vaseline on them seemed to sort themselves out

looked painful

vaseline

I played for a team that our football shirts were the skin tight nylon ones. some of the others used to get bleeding nipples but vaseline on them seemed to sort themselves out

looked painful

This.

Used to see all sorts slathering it on their nipples and inside of thighs before marathons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

This is an amazing transformation

Fair play to his friends for not giving up on him

The Vaseline did the trick, my nipples remain soft and supple.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I find it the exact same, less mess. I dont allow myself to buy it though as Ill end up wasting the whole bottle in one session watching it dry on my hands.

Used it today, so cool!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

That was kinda surprising. My gyms in a small retail park and normally when I leave around 8am there 3-4 cars max.
    This morning I come out and there's over 160 cop cars, vans, paddy wagons and literally more cops than you see outside Old Trafford on match day.
    That Charlie Windsor must be a dangerous mo fo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

That was kinda surprising. My gyms in a small retail park and normally when I leave around 8am there 3-4 cars max.
    This morning I come out and there's over 160 cop cars, vans, paddy wagons and literally more cops than you see outside Old Trafford on match day.
    That Charlie Windsor must be a dangerous mo fo

Muscle Factory in Baldoyle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Muscle Factory in Baldoyle?

Nah ROM sligo. It's backyard is facing onto the racecourse and apparently they're going to see the gee gees. The back roller shutter in the gym was open and 5 O kept wandering in looking confused

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chief87

Impressive.

s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

s

That was a quick ninja edit there.

Otherwise a very thinly veiled, I'm in great shape and want you to know post. Well played sir, well played :D

was more to do with too much info tbf

my inner thoughts on the world might not be best suited on here :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

s

You should go for it....
    Everyone should do stuff outside their comfort zone. Although apparently the dieting to get into contest shape is not for the faint hearted..

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote: »
    Otherwise a very thinly veiled, I'm in great shape and want you to know post. Well played sir, well played :D

Thinly veiled I'm that weird lad in your swimming pool post, more like.

probably does look a little odd a 6ft1 guy walking around on his knees tbf

What are ye talking about I feel like I'm missing out :(

dont worry, rest assured you are missing out on nothing

What are ye talking about I feel like I'm missing out :(

Power pants said he was asked to be a bodybuilder but he was worried about wearing nothing but a thong in public because he's been given a caution by the police for that kind of thing before.

Almost verbatim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

For anyone interested, there's an AMA from Kelly Donegan (of Tallafornia and now it seems, figure competitor fame) over here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057433990

News to me too about boards having an AMA forum. The Merchant Navy Officer one was very interesting imo.

I typically buy PHD diet protein powder the last year or so and really like it

However, as I was rushing I picked up chocolate peanut butter by mistake and only realised after I made one.

One less enjoyable moment in my day cancelled for the time being ffs

Go and vote today lads!

bluewolf wrote: »
    Go and vote today lads!

Early and often.

Just a moot point but remember liking countless equality anecdotes and memes on facebook is not the same as actually going to the polling station and casting a vote.

I think the final results will be a lot closer due to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

When are they out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I typically buy PHD diet protein powder the last year or so and really like it

Is this just whey isolate?

Yes, just the standard white tubs they stock.

Very similar to gold whey I find but a whole 5e cheaper

fage and quest bars with the change nom nom nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yes, just the standard white tubs they stock.

Very similar to gold whey I find but a whole 5e cheaper

fage and quest bars with the change nom nom nom

Where can you get fage

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement