Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Just noticed the thread on steroids got closed. Mods, I think the talk about it should just get over and done with. People are going to post every now and again over it but at least let this thread, or open another, run through and take its course.

I'm not advocating the use or sale of them but that thread in-particular wasn't advocating the usage. At least if the thread ran, when it got out of hand the lock it but for anyone who does post in future about roids, then just refer them to that.

Outline the charter in the OP and most/all of the current H&F forum users will abide and talk only of the negatives/positives and just have a general discussion.

I know ye'll see this as silly but I think it may be a good idea to get it all out in the air once and for all.

Oh the innocence. This has been tried, it ends up a mess.

There are plenty of forums for the discussion of steroids, this isn't one of them.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

One of my mates was training topless one day and was mid set when this crazy fat prick came over and through his t shirt at him and told him to put it on right now that he was fed up of seeing him half naked. The dude is ripped like, jealousy is all I can put it down to. But anyway, my mate obliged and said sure just after this set and the other dude cracked up completely.

I'm ripped and I think training topless (in a public gym) is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

On a scale of one to ten how odd is it that every time it's the slightest bit warm in my gym, 3-4 lads will be in there working out with no tops on?

Training topless in a gym in Ireland is a bit odd.
    I have never seen it in the gym I go to. If you're training at home or on your own then its a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dermighty wrote: »

Pics of GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Brian? wrote: »

There are plenty of forums for the discussion of steroids, this isn't one of them.

It was just a suggestion, whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Have you read the charter?
    No Steroid Pushing
    General discussion about steroids is fine but absolutely no pushing, advise on how to use, information on where to buy or detail on how to use them will be tolerated.

Don't believe that thread violated the above, so maybe adding a change noting that even general discussion is not fine would be helpful.

While I agree pushing or 'how to's' are silly, the basic train of advice in the locked thread is surely a positive: i.e., 'don't use unless you're in consultation with a medical professional and are at a very mature stage in your training history'. Anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Training topless just shouldn't be done in a commercial gym, hello scabies, hello ringworm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Training topless just shouldn't be done in a commercial gym, hello scabies, hello ringworm

only for 50% of the population. The other half can train in whatever they please.

only for 50% of the population. The other half can train in whatever they please.

You'd swear soem of you had never seen a pair before. The other half should be confined to a well fitting sports bra and a pair of leggings that doesn't go so thin it when stretched that it exposes their lower colon when deadlifting. fact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,658 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You'd swear soem of you had never seen a pair before. The other half should be confined to a well fitting sports bra and a pair of leggings that doesn't go so thin it when stretched that it exposes their lower colon when deadlifting. fact

The mental scarring is worse than any scabies or ringworm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Buzz Killington :D:P

Haven't seen all the pairs.
    Wont rest until I do.

@Ronanc15 I'm on a one man campaign to stop all forms of gaping. Worst thing to hit the adult entertainment industry this century

@thegreatiam Gotta catch em all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Dermighty wrote: »
    Pics of GTFO

+ 1

C'mon now Dermighty, let's see those abdominals

@Ronanc15 I'm on a one man campaign to stop all forms of gaping. Worst thing to hit the adult entertainment industry this century

@thegreatiam Gotta catch em all

Collecting boobies like Panini stickers.

Need 'em, Need 'em, Got 'em, Need 'em, Got 3 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

If anything I'd like to wear more clothes in the gym, perhaps some hoodies.

Collecting boobies like Panini stickers.

Need 'em, Need 'em, Got 'em, Need 'em, Got 3 of them.

Got any good swaps?

If you're lucky you'll get that rare total recall booby sticker.

I finally found something I can put in my mouth that doesn't make me gag

Not clicking that one

• Advertisement

Zombienosh wrote: »
    If you're lucky you'll get that rare total recall booby sticker.
    Got it, needs swaps.
    total_recall.jpg

Can you feel it

enjoy+the+ban+hammer+_33a2d6f05b4f1b5283de800e8b4faa49.jpeg

pff, totally not a good swop, 4 boobies for a jock in a dress. what else you got?

Just hope we can post enough to get those hidden on the next page before some mods force the swop ;)

To change subject

So who's everyones favourite fake nattie?

Its Ct Fletcher for me I like to imagine him standing next to me during my sets shouting encouragement

Just hope we can post enough to get those hidden on the next page before some mods force the swop ;)

To change subject

So who's everyones favourite fake nattie?

Its Ct Fletcher for me I like to imagine him standing next to me during my sets shouting encouragement

"I COMMAND YOU TO GROW"

Kali muscle cracks me up, he doesn't even believe in protein powders, he said they have too much chemicals in them...... HAH.

• Advertisement

His response to his G4p work was genius "I can either do that to make some money or I can rob your grand mother, which would you prefer?"

It was just a suggestion, whatever.

It was just an answer. I'm not saying you can't go ahead.

General discussion of steroids is fine. If you want to start a general discussion thread fire away. I'd put money on it having to be locked within 2 hours because it's gone from the general to the specific. Within that time athletes of every discipline will be called into question as well, infractions will be handed out and hissy fits will ensue.

But as I said, it's not against the rules so no one can stop you.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

General discussion of steroids is fine. If you want to start a general discussion thread fire away. I'd put money on it having to be locked within 2 hours because it's gone from the general to the specific. Within that time athletes of every discipline will be called into question as well, infractions will be handed out and hissy fits will ensue.

I'm not enough in the know to create a thread about it, I was just suggesting that it be made to clear the air about it.

LuckyLloyd expressed his view on the matter and probably has more knowledge then me on the matter so if he wants to go ahead, then he can.

And general discussion was being had in the latest thread, nobody was saying sure try this and that and nobody even said Eat clean, tren hard. I think it was prematurely closed with two posters having a good tit for tat on the matter.

Can you please expand on how the previous thread had violated the 'general discussion is fine' rule? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Off topic got real topical :/ Can ye not just pm that mod and let us get back to the important discussions, such as what Hanley is gagging on.

• Advertisement

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/burger-king-satisfries-lower-calorie-fries_n_3980763.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Burger King Launching New Lower Calorie Fries.......
    NEW YORK — Burger King wants people to feel less guilty about gobbling up its french fries.

The world's No. 2 hamburger chain is launching a new crinkle-cut french fry on Tuesday that it says has about 20 percent fewer calories than its regular french fries.

The chain says a small order of the new "Satisfries" clocks in at 270 calories because of a new batter that doesn't absorb as much oil. By comparison, a small order of its regular fries, sans crinkles, has 340 calories.

Satisfries, LOL.

Off topic got real topical :/ Can ye not just pm that mod and let us get back to the important discussions, such as what Hanley is gagging on.

Don't see how one impinges on the other tbh!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Don't see how one impinges on the other tbh!

He has a point.

As a rule, mod actions are not really a matter of public discourse. It's not a hard and fast rule, but I think it's a good way to go.

I'll answer any questions you have by PM.

they/them/theirs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Can you please expand on how the previous thread had violated the 'general discussion is fine' rule? Thanks in advance

You're not around long enough to get it.

It always crosses the line quickly.

And gives the mods a ton of
    Work to do.

Hanley wrote: »
    You're not around long enough to get it.

It always crosses the line quickly.

And gives the mods a ton of
    Work to do.

Then change the charter and bar all discussion. You can't say 'general discussion is fine' but then close a thread that is still general with the reasoning 'oh but I'm sure it will move from the general eventually'.

He has a point.

As a rule, mod actions are not really a matter of public discourse. It's not a hard and fast rule, but I think it's a good way to go.

I'll answer any questions you have by PM.

You have my question, cheers.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Moved house over the weekend so havn't done any training since Friday morning and ate like a horse all weekend :/ feel like a slob now.

Although moving from a 3rd floor apartment on wexford street with no lift for ~8 hours is some good conditioning work

The new house has an amazing kitchen though and a huge freezer so I'm going to make all kinds of cooking gains!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Zombienosh wrote: »

I know I shouldn't but I love burgerking fries. Rarely eat them though.

may be old but it made me lol
    20130803.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just seen a post on fb that Flyefit Ranelagh will open 24 hours on the 30th September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

What I really want to see, not really, is a team of crossfitters take on a team of any other sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

What I really want to see, not really, is a team of crossfitters take on a team of any other sport.

Crossfitter: That clunky, awkward but strong and fast kid. Usually played right wing at under 11's or rugby.

Used to boot the ball 15 yards ahead and sprint on to it. Rinse and repeat.

Also see: Kevin Kilbane

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

I've noticed over the last while on the interwebs, that phrases such as "do you even lift", "come at me bro" etc. have been used regularly.

Since when has it become acceptable to use such crap talk?

@Dexter16 all those phrases are said in jest about taking the piss out of prominent youtube fitness people.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

Oh yea i understand it being used on here like that.

But i see too many actually thinking its acceptable.

It makes me cringe!!

Well fortunatly you're not the word police, Got a problem then come at me ..... Brah!

In all seriousness I'm Mirin' your stand against thishopefully it will lead to all kindz of gainz for the english language, No Homo.

This trend isn't a new one as evidenced by this painting.

hC6E512DE

In all seriousness all you've got to do is Tren hard and eat clen and you, like all of us Will Make It!

zyzz_feel.jpg?itok=2e1HHbAw

In all seriousness all you've got to do is Tren hard and eat clen and you, like all of us Will Make It!
    Dude, do you even English?

• Advertisement

I write all my posts as a stream of consciousness and don't spell chek or re-read. But seriously just Tren hard and eat Clen and even you young Alf will make it too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement