Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,658 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dexters16 wrote: »
    I've noticed over the last while on the interwebs, that phrases such as "do you even lift", "come at me bro" etc. have been used regularly.

Since when has it become acceptable to use such crap talk?

U jelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

Eye can't believe you rote that up on boreds. You must be board silly.

Dexters16 wrote: »
    Eye can't believe you rote that up on boreds. You must be board silly.

Double U Tee Eff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSya7cEqxXyC2CnFiD583iipQ3DdUrXF6BvPZNovyMBrfV9Nvbk

ALF.jpg

Anyone else think these two guys are twins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

hE4C3804C

• Advertisement

haha ALF'S BACK!

in pog form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

@Jayoo epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

JJayoo wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSya7cEqxXyC2CnFiD583iipQ3DdUrXF6BvPZNovyMBrfV9Nvbk

ALF.jpg

Anyone else think these two guys are twins?

Love Clint Darden. He's quite knowledgeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Drained_Empty

I think he is far too generous with his advice on steroids, over states his clinical acumen and is generally negatively influential on a large group of impressionable people.

His approach to taking steroids is what some people's is to butter-coffeyen- don't knock it before you have tried it and if at first you don't succeed try, try again.

Basically a low level strong man.

I think he is far too generous with his advice on steroids, over states his clinical acumen and is generally negatively influential on a large group of impressionable people.

His approach to taking steroids is what some people's is to butter-coffeyen- don't knock it before you have tried it and if at first you don't succeed try, try again.

Basically a low level strong man.

All that said, he's still pretty awesome. He covers everything from oly lifts to strongman. Dude knows his stuff. People are becoming more open about steroids where discussion is now considered okay. Why shouldn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Drained_Empty

I don't think he really is qualified to talk about anything but strong man, pretty sure he is oly lifting less than 2 years. Am I right? I find him interesting for the reasons you say or perhaps I inferred, he gives an interesting snap shot into the psyche of the steroid user, and unlike others, is candid, upfront and articulate about it. However, as he himself laments, he gets 100s of messages asking what and when I should take. Most of these, if not the entirety,n should stay away from steroids and derivatives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

What's going on with this board lately. Angry people all over the place!

Blacktie. wrote: »
    What's going on with this board lately. Angry people all over the place!

Roid rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Training has been shiit the last two weeks too many things popping up only been to the gym once this week :(, but after this week knuckling back down again going off the drink again for at least 5 to 6 weeks.

Did make this for breakfast this morning though something different if like me every now and then you get sick of eating eggs and pretty easy although I done four not 12

INGREDIENTS

12 eggs
    12 thin slices of deli ham (round)
    1/2 cup of your favorite cheese (I used parmesan)
    1/2 cup diced scallions
    Fresh cracked Sea Salt and Pepper

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Lay a piece of ham in each hole creating a little ham cup. Crack one egg into each hole and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
    Bake the eggs for about 12 minutes . . . until the white is firm and the yolk is still nice and runny.
    Carefully remove each egg from the muffin tin and top with grated cheese and scallions. Serve hot!
    Yields: 12

1236921_406176722816932_1466317453_n.jpg

Oh and ouch

Pre workout rage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Clarence Kennedy just got bronze in the 94kg class at the European Junior Weightlifting Championship.

148kg Snatch

180kg Clean and Jerk

Well done Clarence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Video here of Clarence missing a clean and getting back up like a fucking BOSS.

http://www.easywl.com/results/Jpopup2.php?video=134-M18-8-6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Video here of Clarence missing a clean and getting back up like a fucking BOSS.

http://www.easywl.com/results/Jpopup2.php?video=134-M18-8-6

I came across a gif of the get up

je8nS3Y.gif

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

So who's everyones favourite fake nattie?

Its Ct Fletcher for me I like to imagine him standing next to me during my sets shouting encouragement

18688_502324976505033_41194326_n.jpg

X6NYFAT.jpg?1

Anyone else follow this powelifter/guru on FB? He's always posting really complex sounding training/nutritional advice. Is he actually a scientific genius or just a juicehead spoofing people out of their money?

I know Phil from London, He's legit in his knowledge, doesn't claim drug free and gets savage results with his clients from all walks of life. The only thing is now he's with Ultimate Performance, he's going to sucked into their marketing machine so expect a lot of online dick swinging and hyperbole from him on social media as he steps up into the number 2 shoes as Nick is now living in Spain.

The gibberish he just posted is basically the scientific explanation for having fast acting carbs and whey post workout but waiting 30-40 mins before ingesting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Interesting article on the dangers of CrossFit:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-robertson/crossfit-rhabdomyolysis_b_3977598.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

No hyperbole from the journalist.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Poliquin has a decent response on this article too

https://www.facebook.com/strengthsensei?fref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Thud

Brian? wrote: »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-robertson/crossfit-rhabdomyolysis_b_3977598.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

this is messed up:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Poliquin has a decent response on this article too

https://www.facebook.com/strengthsensei?fref=ts

Balanced response. Can't argue with much of it.

He doesn't address the fact that inducing Rhabdo is seen as some sort of badge of honour in Crossfit. That was really the point of the article I posted.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Brian? wrote: »

Again, as always, it comes down to the capability and qualifications of the individual affiliate owners / coaches. The lads in CFI always talk about pacing and form before metcons and are quick to step in if someone is trying to hammer away with lacking form. The emphasis is on good movement first and foremost.

There's no doubt that if you had an owner pushing a 'work till you drop' mentality on metcons that have high volume of movements that work the same part of the body there is a potential for trouble.

The Games (i.e. the pinnacle of Crossfit) is a bad example in that respect, when you have regional events that have high volume HSPUs, Pull Ups and overhead presses in the same event. People see regional level athletes hammering through it and think 'that's what I should aim for in my "wod" tomorrow'.

Infact, I'd bet places where there is a danger of what the article describes are places that focus on the daily "wod" rather than strength work. The whole idea of posting up your times for a metcon every day is really stupid, as it encourages this constant competition idea. You can't compete everyday, you need to just treat most sessions as training. CFI is guilty of this too to some extent, eventhough they are preaching in the background about 'training, not testing', asking people to write up their scores / times / PBs on a daily basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Exactly, the daily WOD’s shouldn’t be individual test, they should be used in preparation for a test, do Fran training for a 4 weeks then test Fran.

Just using Fran as an example, obviously a beginner wouldn’t be doing Fran.

How do i find this stuff, don't ask. All I can say this guy has the whole package, better abs then Hanley, better dress sense then Hanley and better vertical jump too

0_af27c_49fbfdd6_L.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

How do i find this stuff, don't ask. All I can say this guy has the whole package, better abs then Hanley, better dress sense then Hanley and better vertical jump too

0_af27c_49fbfdd6_L.gif

That is quite disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What the ****?

• Advertisement

The back story is, He's a japanese super hero who gets his powers from sniffing school girls panties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

that makes sense now then

sexyasfu*k wrote:
    Rhabdo is serious. People die from that ****. People also die from gonorrhea but that gets spread around the boxes like a paleo brownie recipe and no one says anything.

Didn't get to train today was busy running around for interviews, will make up for it tomorrow.

0_af27c_49fbfdd6_L.gif

Just looks like an average Frank Yank youtube video

I thought it was Frank yang when I seen it first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Who pissed in DR Layne's cornflakes?

kevpants wrote: »

Possibly Ice cream fatness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

kevpants wrote: »

what have i missed?

Lyle's golden fountain of journal references spew forth over Nortons iifym cornflakes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Just put on a shirt I haven't worn since before the summer. Bent down to put on my runners and realised my shirt was too tight.

Its a good and a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Hanley wrote: »
    what have i missed?

A grown man using a silk sheet as a toga in a Spartan costume to talk about legal threats being made against him in a video that will presumably be used in court at some stage. Just another normal day on the internet really.

He doesn't get Uk libel laws, uh oh.

Edit: Just watched that video, awesome. I never know when the fitness community ends and fitness entertainment community begins.

I'm getting inundated with MLM scams via linkedin. Post your replies here and I'll use them when they contact me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

I'm getting inundated with MLM scams via linkedin. Post your replies here and I'll use them when they contact me.
    I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

will post screen caps on the next one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

@ronanc15, if you see this.

I'm planning to head into Eastway for a session on Friday as I'm thinking of changing gyms and had heard lots of good things about it so wanted to try it out. I'm just wondering what the locker situation is, like is it similar to UL where you put in a €2 coin, or is there a bag area or something?

Deano7788 wrote: »
    @ronanc15, if you see this.

I'm planning to head into Eastway for a session on Friday as I'm thinking of changing gyms and had heard lots of good things about it so wanted to try it out. I'm just wondering what the locker situation is, like is it similar to UL where you put in a €2 coin, or is there a bag area or something?

You go upstairs to change and as you come back down, you go in through a door to enter the gym and there's a bagging area on your left.

If its still the same:) Blue or Jason will help anyway if you ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

You go upstairs to change and as you come back down, you go in through a door to enter the gym and there's a bagging area on your left.

If its still the same:) Blue or Jason will help anyway if you ask.

Thanks man, much appreciated. How did you find it when trained there?

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Thanks man, much appreciated. How did you find it when trained there?

Much more hardcore from my own gym. Its not huge, but it's brilliant. I was only there 4 times of I recall but I'd love to be able to train there full time

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement