Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Anyone ever had chicken mince?

I was in FX Buckleys today and they were selling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Have had turkey mince, lovelu for turkey burgers!

Also have pretty much puree'd chicken breast for killer Chickza!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Have had turkey mince, lovelu for turkey burgers!

Also have pretty much puree'd chicken breast for killer Chickza!

Likewise make turkeys burger about once a week for work so handy to do mix in some smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and chilli powder add some tasty flavours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Oisin, ye hardly have refrigerated containers ye could ship it in? Lol

Unfortunately not. Online orders would go through the roof! They're pushing it more in Ireland now so you should see it near you soon. Hopefully, cause you really are missing out :pac:

Oisín

ferike1 wrote: »

Just eating this now :), added in four scoops of whey protein and wont lie it is quite tasty :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I bought it a while ago. It was very lean, but a bit bland on its own. I've had turkey too, and it was better as it wasn't as lean. I imagine it depends if its 1005 breast mince, or if there's some skin, thigh, etc thrown in for fat and flavour.

As an aside, I used it to make carb free pizza base, and it worked fine once there was other stuff added to carry it a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 Stay13

Can anyone tell me how to delet myself of this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Stay13 wrote: »

Control panel and somewhere theres a close account option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Stay13 wrote: »

Post some lulzy sexist,racist homophobic comments brah, go out in a blaze of glory.

• Advertisement

Or do what most do here in the forum who want to get deleted... Slag Hanley's log and call him small :pac:

Anyone know of any other challenges like Hell & Back? That turf warrior looks good but I can't swim so that's out or even mountain climbs etc something a bit out of the ordinary. I like having something to aim for motivates me to train.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Quick question, started doing weighted pushups and the plate slides down my back..

What the best option? Something like a vest with a 6" pole on the back the same diameter as an Olympic bar would be ideal. Would stop the plates sliding and allow you to stack plates to increase 1.25kg per session etc..

Haven't seen one for sale anywhere,

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭BV4

conzy wrote: »
    Quick question, started doing weighted pushups and the plate slides down my back..

What the best option? Something like a vest with a 6" pole on the back the same diameter as an Olympic bar would be ideal. Would stop the plates sliding and allow you to stack plates to increase 1.25kg per session etc..

Haven't seen one for sale anywhere,

Could you try putting the weights in a school bag?

BV4 wrote: »
    Could you try putting the weights in a school bag?

I was thinking that but plates could shift around or the bag could slump over to one side.

I'll give it a whirl sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

conzy wrote: »
    I was thinking that but plates could shift around or the bag could slump over to one side.

I'll give it a whirl sure

what i did for this was get a big towel and wrap the plate in it inside the school bag...it should fill out the bag and hey presto no plates sliding around...worked fine for pushups and pullups/chins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Get some hot b!tches to sit on your back, EPIC GAINZ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Get some hot b!tches to sit on your back, EPIC GAINZ.

Yeahhh brah then turn over and get them to sit on your face while you do sit ups

hCB96FD54

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Anyone any experience with myprotein resistance bands?

Looking at wolverson too but waiting for a reply on shipping from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Vegeta wrote: »
    Anyone any experience with myprotein resistance bands?

Looking at wolverson too but waiting for a reply on shipping from them.

you could try these if the shipping is expensive. if i remember right it's around €8 from amazon.

• Advertisement

you could try these if the shipping is expensive. if i remember right it's around €8 from amazon.

Reviews seem positive on those so may give them a punt if Wolverson don't get back to me or shipping is crazy. Have amazon vouchers too so they are all the more tempting. Thanks for the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

D8 fitness stock them

http://www.d8fitness.com/store/power-bands/

Also try donedeal/gumtree/adverts

Just tried the Wheyhey ice cream have to say it is tasty stuff makes for a nice snack but the tubs are tiny really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

It's 150ml. Same size as a small Ben & Jerry's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

What's the price per tub?

It's 150ml. Same size as a small Ben & Jerry's.

I know like I said tiny :P.
    DL Saint wrote: »
    What's the price per tub?

2.95 I paid anyway in discount supplements. Bought the 1 Chocolate and one strawberry, tried the strawberry and it is tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Where is discount supplements again?

Where is discount supplements again?

They have three stores, one right in the middle of Clondalkin Village then one in Terenure and one in Kilcoole in Wicklow.

Jarren wrote: »
    D8 fitness stock them

http://www.d8fitness.com/store/power-bands/

Also try donedeal/gumtree/adverts

Good value there on D8 fitness, order placed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

Anyone know where I could get a tractor tyre in Dublin or Meath?

The heavier the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

RomanGod wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get a tractor tyre in Dublin or Meath?

The heavier the better

Adverts.ie but they want €75.

adverts.ie In cavan

Or maybe scrap yards?

Hey lads, thinking of building my own shed to train in. Squat rack, bench etc.. Basics really. Thing is, I'd be building it from wood and my biggest problem is the floor.

I wouldn't be able to load too much onto it. Anyone got any ideas?

I can't layer concrete dow bear in mind.

What's the ground like where your putting the shed?

I assume its soil?

Could you lay some concrete blocks down under the base of the wooden shed. Just place them ( not permanently ) if you need to move them you can pick them back up. Also put an extra layer of timber ( plywood etc) over the floor of the timber shed going in the opposite direction to the floor timbers. This would reinforce the floor and support it from underneath.

I was thinking of the concrete block idea you mentioned but something in my mind needed reassuring. The ground would be hardcore we laid before putting pebble down. The pebble would be cleared obviously.

I was thinking I could lay the floor with 4 inch thick wood or something and then lay rubber mats over it as well as having blocks under it.

I was thinking of the concrete block idea you mentioned but something in my mind needed reassuring. The ground would be hardcore we laid before putting pebble down. The pebble would be cleared obviously.

I was thinking I could lay the floor with 4 inch thick wood or something and then lay rubber mats over it as well as having blocks under it.

Yeah that all seems good. The main thing I'd be worried about would be the shed floor taking the heavy load but it sound like you've a good plan in place.

The Limerick Powerlifting Club represented Ireland at the EPC European Championships in Vienna last weekend just gone. Cleaned up with 6 gold medals aswell as best master equipped lift, best raw master lifter and best overall team.

Fellow boardsie cronin_j and myself are expecting delivery of our small custom built sled this weekend! Looking forward to piling on the weight and having a crack off it!! Anyone use them or the prowler style sleds?

I would love a real sled !

Ours is a speed sled, will be small enough to throw into the car. Will look into making something bigger if we ge the use out of this one

• Advertisement

Are people in general just really impatient these days?
    Especially in regards fitness, everyone wants "Gain muscle fast" "Lost the belly in x amount of weeks" (Where x is continually getting smaller)
    The amount of posts asking for help and talk about no progress or not gaining enough muscle or losing enough weight, and when they're given tried and tested basic advice that works i.e hard work, consistency and stay at it the results will come in time.

The response is ..."meh"
    If I see something and it has the word fast or quick in it I always pay it little attention. There is no method that can outdo consistent hard work and time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

The problem is extreme results take extreme measures and most people aren't willing to actually stray out side their comfort zones.

While I certainly agree great results take time and consistency. For the level of the average gym dweller I think they'd be surprised in what is achievable if they took what seems to them to be extreme measures.

Truth is we all need a certain level of tolerance for these querys. All though they can bug the sh1t out of me it these types of questions usually means 1 of 2 things:

- the person is naive or lacking knowledge in terms of what is truly required to achieve the desired results.
    - the person is too lazy to tackle the real grind they know it will take to achieve their objectives.

All you can do really is offer your 2c but tbh paying it little attention is often the best option. As the saying goes you can bring the horse to water, but you can't force them to drink it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

The problem is extreme results take extreme measures and most people aren't willing to actually stray out side their comfort zones.

While I certainly agree great results take time and consistency. For the level of the average gym dweller I think they'd be surprised in what is achievable if they took what seems to them to be extreme measures.

Fact. I think there's only 5-10% of the general population who has what it takes to do that tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Hanley wrote: »
    Fact. I think there's only 5-10% of the general population who has what it takes to do that tho!

Thats more than the percentage* of the general population who are regular gym goers, or take regular exercise. I would suggest the actual percentage of those that "have what it takes" is alot lower.

*I'm guessing here, I actually have no idea how much of the general population are regular gym goers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Hanley wrote: »

Its what keeps me in business. If people want to see some extreme results go to my twitter for the picture of the bikini competitor I prepped in 6 weeks, 22% bodyfat to 12% and her weight didn't move til we done here water manipulation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

brownej wrote: »
    Thats more than the percentage* of the general population who are regular gym goers, or take regular exercise. I would suggest the actual percentage of those that "have what it takes" is alot lower.

*I'm guessing here, I actually have no idea how much of the general population are regular gym goers.

5-10% of the general gym population. So that's what, a quarter of one percent to one percent of people?

Especially in regards fitness, everyone wants "Gain muscle fast" "Lost the belly in x amount of weeks" (Where x is continually getting smaller)
    The amount of posts asking for help and talk about no progress or not gaining enough muscle or losing enough weight, and when they're given tried and tested basic advice that works i.e hard work, consistency and stay at it the results will come in time.

The response is ..."meh"
    If I see something and it has the word fast or quick in it I always pay it little attention. There is no method that can outdo consistent hard work and time.

I think my biggest breakthrough in relation to fitness is realizing that its a long term project and accepting that. I have short term goals etc but when I really got the grips with the fact that its something that takes years and not weeks I began to enjoy it more and became even more motivated to succeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

These days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Sneezed mid-deadlift yesterday and hurt my lower back.

Never thought hayfever would get in the way of me training, but I wasn't expecting this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

Can you give some examples of what you mean by extreme measures?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement