Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

If he keeps lifting like that he'll be thor

He already thinks he is a god...so he is half way there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Also places your bets on Hanleys Halloween costume this year:

Hulk an old favourite

or

Thor

Looks like there's competition for HULK
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/10/29/dont-make-me-hungry/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Anyone know of any good sites on dynamic self resistance exercises? or opinions on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

and what pray tell are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Just exercises where you use one set of muscles to resist another, e.g. if you put your right arm our in front of you, shoulder-high, and push your fist into the palm of your left, resisting with the left, then it works the pec on the right hand side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Probably loads of other terms for it, you probably already know it by another name, Charles Atlas would have done it so nothing new!

A bit similar to isometrics but with movement. A simple one would be using one hand to push down on the other one doing a bicep curl movement.

Got ya. Look for a book by a guy called Max Alding. He's one of those turn of then century strong men who practiced similiar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Got ya. Look for a book by a guy called Max Alding. He's one of those turn of then century strong men who practiced similiar.

Atlas did similar, even trademarked dynamic tension.

I really like the Atlas 12 week course here it is for anyone who hasn't read it.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/shenandoah/CA/Charles_Atlas.pdf

• Advertisement

I really like the Atlas 12 week course here it is for anyone who hasn't read it.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/shenandoah/CA/Charles_Atlas.pdf

I don't face anyone at work. Which is quite useful now, as I run through the exercises for the face.

There's only a 15% chance I'll be committed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Anyone know how Da Za got on in the worlds?

Anyone know how Da Za got on in the worlds?

weighed in at 137.7kg.....beats of a young lad.

he is lifting tomorrow at 5:30 pm...

ill pop a link of the live stream in later

weighed in at 137.7kg.....beats of a young lad.

he is lifting tomorrow at 5:30 pm...

ill pop a link of the live stream in later

http://live.powerlifter.cz/en-US/live.aspx?id=377

Tomorrow is the last day afaik.

http://live.powerlifter.cz/en-US/Default.aspx?id=377

or on the site

http://www.wpcworlds2013.cz/

COH went over with him and from the facebook updates the two are madly deeply in love.

COH went over with him and from the facebook updates the two are madly deeply in love.

I don't think anyone was buying the whole "I was just spotting him for a squat" story.

• Advertisement

Date night in Prague
    COH wrote:
    Its Halloween and I just finished the Ghost Tour of Prague.. visited haunted underground vaults, graveyards and heard stories of evil spirits and the undead... BUT if you really want to experience true fear that will shake you to the core of your soul then I advise you experience the mind blowing horror of Darran Kennedy's snoring

Date night in Prague

I think its COH's first time being the smaller of the couple as well......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

The Dazzler's openers are sick.
    He's going for a comp PR total with his openers.

Something like 320/225/260

The Dazzler's openers are sick.
    He's going for a comp PR total with his openers.

Something like 320/225/260

Given the training vids and the fact he hasnt had to cut he is on for big numbers!

WAR DAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup.
    He's nearly 4kg heavier than he expected to be.

Let's hope he brings the rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,284 ✭✭✭COH

I think its COH's first time being the smaller of the couple as well......

I'm still big spoon

Everyone better ****ing be watching The Dazzler..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Everyone better ****ing be watching The Dazzler..

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Has DaZa been up yet?

20:05 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Three squat attempts at 340. Missed all three

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Doesn't sound like it was his day. BUT it does sound like there's plenty of strength there so just time to get back on the platform and get some squats in!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

It wasn't my day. Desperately disappointed with my showing. Failed big time.

Learned a lot from the biggest and best comp I've been to yet. **** is real there and it's the strictest judging I've ever come across.

Luckily there's the GPC Open this weekend to try and salvage something for the year.

I'm hungry and craving it. I'm gonna train harder than ever now, **** doesn't come easy and anything can happen on the platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

prepare to feel incredibly weak...

• Advertisement

Its **** like this that pisses me off about the fitness industry
    Now it's time for the #postworkout #GAINS!! Hahaha!! #Train your #ass off and you can #eat pretty much whatever you #like #bitches and still have a #6pack lol #goheavyorgohome #biglift #likeaboss #training #nutrition for #champion

Its accompanied with a picture of him with a massive junk food meal, massive burger, 2 milk shakes, fries, onion rings etc. I know for a fact that he's on gear and hgh, and when he diets down for comps he sues thyroid hormones and clen.

Excessive hashtags piss me off too.

Its accompanied with a picture of him with a massive junk food meal, massive burger, 2 milk shakes, fries, onion rings etc. I know for a fact that he's on gear and hgh, and when he diets down for comps he sues thyroid hormones and clen.

He should be shot for the amount of hashtags alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

You see he's the real genius.

Keeping people fat and unhappy = money for your industry.

Its a tough ethical decision, whether to get your clients good result knowing that the people who come for personal training will drop off the radar once they get the results or keeping waving the mythical results carrots in front of them.

Its a tough ethical decision, whether to get your clients good result knowing that the people who come for personal training will drop off the radar once they get the results or keeping waving the mythical results carrots in front of them.

Surely there e comes a point when clients aren't getting the desired results and decide to take their business elsewhere?

Surely there e comes a point when clients aren't getting the desired results and decide to take their business elsewhere?

Oddly enough no unless their goal is super objective, ie I need to be a size ten in 6 weeks for my wedding. But most people end up building a pseudo friendship with their trainer and end up staying with them despite not gettting results. You would not believe the amount of people advised to take a "cheat weekend"

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Also doing this even off hormones is a bit much considering the natural difference in people's gh, T3 and test levels. It's not ever gonna be that easy for lots of people.

Fitness people's instagram accounts are a boundless source of irritating crap, once the novelty of seeing 1,000 selfies of someone in good shape has worn off (which it admittedly never does)

And some of the self-congratulatory, almost martyr-like slogans they come out with about how much discipline it takes to just do 'excercise' with their lives are hilarious (these are not elite athletes, they're generally just <10% bf people who can bodybuild a little and just about squat 2xBW etc). Getting to do what they do for a living and they still talk like someone who doesn't enjoy actually training.

Also I once saw one IG "trainer" post up that for just $20 each she would calculate people's basic macros for them if they sent their height, weight, gender and activity level. Many, many dozens of clueless people replied. Hope she sent them a lmgtfy link and all.

Not that tough a decision, anyone you consider a friend, you should be steering away from paying money for training, assuming they don't just have endless money to burn. Everyone with a modicum of cop-on and the internet can get their results and then some.

• Advertisement

Not that tough a decision, anyone you consider a friend, you should be steering away from paying money for training, assuming they don't just have endless money to burn. Everyone with a modicum of cop-on and the internet can get their results and then some.

It was a tongue in cheek comment.

Unfortunatly the people who decide to take personal training are the type of people who either have no time to spend reading up on the internet and figuring this stuff out or are the people type of people who will pay money to absolve personal responsibility in it.

Also modicum of cop-on massively lacking in general. All you have to do is look at the sales figures of raspberry ketones to see this

Unfortunatly the people who decide to take personal training are the type of people who either have no time to spend reading up on the internet and figuring this stuff out or are the people type of people who will pay money to absolve personal responsibility in it.

Also modicum of cop-on massively lacking in general. All you have to do is look at the sales figures of raspberry ketones to see this

Oi! Im taking slight offence to this.

I have some #magicbeans to sell #gainz.

What is your account number and sort code? #fitinnotime

I'm speaking of the main consumers of personal training. I think you'll agree there's a difference between someone who consults a trainer for very specific training advice. Be it form checks on lifts, competing in physique contests, versus someone who turns up at a personal trainer with a I'm fat and lazy fix me attitude.

Personally I've stopped thinking of my self as a personal trainer mainly due to the actions of the main part of the industry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Have you tested your lifts yet? It was supposed to be last week, wasn't it?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Have you tested your lifts yet? It was supposed to be last week, wasn't it?

No supposed to be this week but Im not going to bother. Stress of testing when Im unsure of form and have a niggly back issue.

• Advertisement

I'm speaking of the main consumers of personal training. I think you'll agree there's a difference between someone who consults a trainer for very specific training advice. Be it form checks on lifts, competing in physique contests, versus someone who turns up at a personal trainer with a I'm fat and lazy fix me attitude.

Personally I've stopped thinking of my self as a personal trainer mainly due to the actions of the main part of the industry.

Ah absolutely I was just joking.

I completely agree with you though, its just an extension of the instant grafitification and magic pill society.

Sorry, yeah I did sort of reckon you knew anyway.
    wrote:
    Guilty of buying these once upon a time when trying to cut fat. I forgot why but bulkpowders made them sound so legit useful :'(

I don't normally cheat meal but when I do this is on the menu

http://imgur.com/a/w9bR6

Reminds me of the steak sandwich I was surprised with in Cavtat a few years back. Two big slabs of steak with some miscellaneous cheese and diced onion, pepper and courgette sandwiched between them.

Oh dear Jesus.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement