Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Its a grade 1 tear, not too bad. Limping around and have it strapped up. It was my first rep on the calf machine, very light weight. I have 10x10 100kg Squats done and 10x10 60kg straight leg dead lifts (hamstring machine was busy), I think I have overstretched the calf on the SLDL. I train calf's regularly and usually really heavy, I though my calf's were really strong. There was a audible pop, and it felt like I was stabbed in the calf. Not a huge amount of pain TBH got worse that night. Its all bruised today so some bleeding going on.

I have read that this injury is prone to happening again unless I get some physio to align the fibers?

I am really bummed out, cause it will wreck my GVT cycle, I can still do leg extensions but I have just recovered from a back injury and training for a stupid 14k run (cardio sucks balls) and was looking forward to making some proper progress. You dont realise how much you use a muscle until you injure it........feckkkkkkk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

If there's bruising and you can feel pain then it's probably closer to a grade 2 than 1 I'd say. Forget about strength progress for the moment. Your only priority now should be doing everything you can to get your calf back to 100% asap, and that probably means doing nothing for at least a week apart from seeing a physio.

I tore my hamstring in late May, but because I wasn't patient enough with recovery time I made the recovery take a lot longer than it should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

I have 10x10 100kg Squats done

I felt the energy drain from my legs just reading that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

link_2007 wrote: »
    I felt the energy drain from my legs just reading that.
    I was very fatigued, jelly legs, probably half the problem. Should have walked past the calf raise to the changing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Calf tears usually happen when you're fatigued.

I presume they were standing calf raises?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

pfft...hes obviously never seen Daz cut for a comp...

Inform us:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

It's pretty routine for mma fighters trying to make weight.
    3.30 Belfort trying to make weight :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Q: Do you do cardio? Klokov: Yes, I squat sets of ten sometimes. Like 275kg x10.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Why do chicken fillets start exploding within 30 seconds of putting them in the microwave to reheat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I'd assume it's whatever water is left in the meat itself is actually superheating and subsequently causing the meat to burst when the pressure gets too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

So yesterday doing legs Day GVT, finished my 10x10's, went to do my 3 x 10 on the calf raise machine and POP! tore my calf muscle on the medial side. Really strange as I was totally warm must have been some weakness there.

Anyone had this injury, advice, healing times etc.....

I tore my calf earlier in the year. Grade 2 tear. It took the best part of 7 weeks to heal fully. Really annoying. Ended up doing loads of pullups.
    My physio recommended using a stationary bike on low resistance to get blood flowing through the leg. Obviously this isn't something you should do straight away.
    I ended up getting a few physio sessions to break up the scar tissue.The Physio also did dry needling to relieve some of the underlying knots but that was well into the healing process.
    My healing process was really slow. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ferike1 wrote: »

Pretty standard for fighters/lifters/wrestlers.
    The guy was doing it to highlight the fact that daily fluctuations on the scales are meaningless. And that we shouldn't put much emphasis on the numbers. He stresses the fact that none of it was fat loss.

Yet the editors come up with "rapid-weight-loss-IS-possible" as a headline. This is the bull**** they are try to feed people.

link_2007 wrote: »
    Why do chicken fillets start exploding within 30 seconds of putting them in the microwave to reheat?

The K in KFC is for kamikaze.

So far today I have learned that he psoas major is the filet mignon.

Which will come in handy the next time I'm going to dismember and cook someone.

So far today I have learned that the origin of the psoas major is the filet mignon.

Only the origin end though, don't want to serve up the insertion as mignon to snobby cannibalistic guests

Mellor wrote: »
    Only the origin end though, don't want to serve up the insertion as mignon to snobby cannibalistic guests

That was probably said to me but I didn't catch all of it such was my discomfort at its treatment.

Good to know though.

Just in case Hannibal Lecter is ever over for dinner. No point in spoiling the nice Chianti with poor meat on the plate.

1uMcORN.jpg

Coincidentally my greatest sporting achievement is winning the tour de france the same number of times as Lance

• Advertisement

Coincidentally my greatest sporting achievement is winning the tour de france the same number of times as Lance

AND you didn't get the death penalty!

Winning!

Every time I see a Personal trainer doing the crossed arms bicep pose I want to shoot them in the face, burn their family house down and salt the earths.

Every time I see a Personal trainer doing the crossed arms bicep pose I want to shoot them in the face, burn their family house down and salt the earths.

Which reminds me, the next time I see someone in Raw standing in front of the dumbbell racks and lifting their top to look at their stomach, I will not be responsible for the number of times I hit their head with the shiny new 40s.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Which reminds me, the next time I see someone in Raw standing in front of the dumbbell racks and lifting their top to look at their stomach, I will not be responsible for the number of times I hit their head with the shiny new 40s.

Can't believe people actually do this...

Can't believe people actually do this...

The shirt lifters are epidemic in RAW

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

giggity

• Advertisement

ken.jpg?w=500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm going to be very conscious now when i lift up my top to wipe the sweat off my face.

I'm going to be very conscious now when i lift up my top to wipe the sweat off my face.

I seen you do that the other day, was going to come over and warn you to be careful as its a slippery slope to blowing kisses to yourself in the mirror after a set of bicep curls

I seen you do that the other day, was going to come over and warn you to be careful as its a slippery slope to blowing kisses to yourself in the mirror after a set of bicep curls

Lies.

I've been in San Francisco and haven't been to RAW in weeks. :P

Kissing your biceps after a set of curls is still ok though, right?

If you're not in front of a mirror, like.

• Advertisement

Only if its concentration curls DAT peak Contraction

Lies.

I've been in San Francisco and haven't been to RAW in weeks. :P

Must of been the only other blonde girl then

Must of been the only other blonde girl then

There's loads of blondes.

One of them RUINED one of my videos by walking in front of it with just her bra on.

B!TCH.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I do see a lot of people stare really intently at themselves when doing EZ bar curls in the mirror but yet to see someone check out their "shredded abs".

Gonna be self concious now of watching my form in the mirrors/window reflections :o

I love when dudes who were/still are absolute **** from when I was in school come to gym to prove there strength with dumbbell swinging bicep curls and quarter reps on the bench.

It's hard not to laugh, but I do... Uncontrollably.

Only if its concentration curls DAT peak Contraction

Nah. When I do those I channel CT Fletcher.

"I COMMAND YOU TO GROW! UNGH!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

A recent trip to the gym had some guy pulling his tshirt up and admiring his abs in the mirror. As I walked past thinking "wtf", he made eye contact with me through the reflection. I did not feel comfortable.

I had some photos taken as part of a tryout for a tv show recently. One of which was crossed arms pose. All I could think was how I probably look like a gimp.

Mellor wrote: »
    I had some photos taken as part of a tryout for a tv show recently. One of which was crossed arms pose. All I could think was how I probably look like a gimp.

Probably? :p

A recent trip to the gym had some guy pulling his tshirt up and admiring his abs in the mirror. As I walked past thinking "wtf", he made eye contact with me through the reflection. I did not feel comfortable.

Did he say 'You mirin' brah?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

There's loads of blondes.

One of them RUINED one of my videos by walking in front of it with just her bra on.

B!TCH.

That's a real shame...er which video was it...just so I can see how ruined it is. Disgraceful behavior.

That's a real shame...er which video was it...just so I can see how ruined it is. Disgraceful behavior.

I didn't upload it.

I didn't want her taking my glory away from me :D

I didn't upload it.

I didn't want her taking my glory away from me :D

You have plenty of glory to spread around i'm sure ;-)

You have plenty of glory to spread around i'm sure ;-)

If you are talking about my gigantic ass then yes, yes you are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,284 ✭✭✭COH

MPSXRUT.gif

One step guide to injuring everything at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

COH wrote: »
    MPSXRUT.gif

One step guide to injuring everything at the same time

functional everything....

i bet i can get the fat one to try this in UL....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

???

If you are talking about my gigantic ass then yes, yes you are correct.

You should probably stop spreading that around tho.
    It will just lead to trouble otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Please do and make sure to video it, make some You've been framed money.

• Advertisement

You should probably stop spreading that around tho.
    It will just lead to trouble otherwise.

What I do with my ass is none of your concern!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm going to incorporate some twerking into my warmups.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement