Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Wood

Buy chalk from an art store, put in bag, hit with hammer. Done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

I'm kinda torn between he Adipower or something similar or general all purpose gym runners. Think all purpose would suit me best as about once a week I do like to do a bit of HIIT on the threadmill and don't think Adipower be good for that but I do have two pairs of decent Asic running shoes as I started of getting into running like most before weights.

Marty are you anywhere near the Kildare outlet. They have a reebok, asics and nike store. Way cheaper than anywhere I've seen. Picked up a pair of nano's before Christmas for €42 grand for lifting in. That day there was a 20% off sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

siochain wrote: »
    Picked up a pair of nano's before Christmas for €42 grand for lifting in.
    42 grand? I presume they break the world record for you an' all?

42 grand? I presume they break the world record for you an' all?

Yup squat numbers have gone through the roof :)

The worst thing about going super low-carb is not having a slice of bread to clean the pot after making a curry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

kevpants wrote: »
    Talc or chalk?

Cos talc on a bar is second only to butter as far as worsening grip goes. Talc is to prevent friction, friction is pretty much the basis of grip.

Yea sorry I meant chalk. I need grip in bowling too so talc would be pretty useless for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Tried this this morning

ke9o4m.jpg

It tastes like what I imagine a fat mans sweaty foot would task like.

And I thought you were giving me a toe job. If I had know it was to be used to make a derogative comparison.... :mad:

I tried the banana choc chip one and threw it out after one spoon. Overpowering taste. I'll stick to oats and honey/maple syrup if I want a flavour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

And I thought you were giving me a toe job. If I had know it was to be used to make a derogative comparison.... :mad:

Will you shut up! If JJayoo hears about this I'll be getting nothing a foot in the face for the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

siochain wrote: »
    Marty are you anywhere near the Kildare outlet. They have a reebok, asics and nike store. Way cheaper than anywhere I've seen. Picked up a pair of nano's before Christmas for €42 grand for lifting in. That day there was a 20% off sale.

I'm not to far away just on the border of Kildare away and the girlfriends mother lives less than a minute away from Kildare outlet so yea maybe next time I'm up a visit in there may be in order.

. I'll stick to oats and honey/maple syrup if I want a flavour.

Most the time I eat porridge I throw protein powder in it to get some flavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

Darren Clarke loses 3 stone in Educogym
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/darren-clarke-targets-rankings-climb-after-shedding-three-stone-29897171.html
    But the 45-year-old Ulsterman has shattered that image by shedding three stone since October on a scientific diet and fitness plan devised by Jamie Myerscough at Dublin's Educogym.
    "I dieted before but didn't do the weights to get myself stronger," he said. "I didn't take all the protein supplements and amino acids. I wasn't that careful about my diet. So this time I've done it properly, not just losing weight."

Who's paying who here?

Just awake form a night shift and decided to skip my usual breakfast and instead to go with the breakfast of champions :).

lunch_zpsef26feee.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Just awake form a night shift and decided to skip my usual breakfast and instead to go with the breakfast of champions :).

lunch_zpsef26feee.jpg

No egg fried in it's juices? For shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Going to make a first purchase on myprotein. If anyone has any referral/discount codes they might chuck me a PM. Cheers

Going to make a first purchase on myprotein. If anyone has any referral/discount codes they might chuck me a PM. Cheers

a lot of people have changed over to

https://www.theproteinworks.com free protein and discount with first order use referral code: PG46001

Seems there were some service issues with myprotein

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Never, ever had an issue with MP

me neither

Or I

Should that have been "nor I"?

just seen a few of these type of comments recently
    Deano7788 wrote: »
    I find The Protein Works good. I switched to them from myprotein after all the delivey issues and have had no complaints since. Good service and the I find the taste and mixability good as well.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    Should that have been "nor I"?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Inspector PM'd me first so I shall use his.

Is the code a once only for new customers?

Inspector PM'd me first so I shall use his.

Is the code a once only for new customers?

Yeah, as far as I know.
    It gives you 5% off your first purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

myproteins' delivery has been flawless for me and they seem to have more discounts more often than tpw or bulkpowders. I made my last order with them on Tuesday night and its in Athlone now so i should have it today or tomorrow (I'm in Mayo).

Anyway, heres a referral code for them if you want it - MP21349845

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

myproteins' delivery has been flawless for me and they seem to have more discounts more often than tpw or bulkpowders. I made my last order with them on Tuesday night and its in Athlone now so i should have it today or tomorrow (I'm in Mayo).

Anyway, heres a referral code for them if you want it - MP21349845

When things go wrong thats why MyProtein show their true colours. Charging and saying they use DPD then using MHI were your package is sent to germany for a week to be sorted before being sent back to the UK to be forwarded to dublin with half the address missing.

TPW > MP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

This is nuts

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1un397/planet_fitness_removed_flat_bench_incline_bench/

summarized: basically a planet fitness (globo gym) decided to remove all Olympic barbells and heavy D.B.'s/ from their gym, replace power racks with smith machines, for insurance reasons apparently.

I would be seriously pissed.

Casshern88 wrote: »
    This is nuts

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1un397/planet_fitness_removed_flat_bench_incline_bench/

summarized: basically a planet fitness (globo gym) decided to remove all Olympic barbells and heavy D.B.'s/ from their gym, replace power racks with smith machines, for insurance reasons apparently.

I would be seriously pissed.

If you are in ANY way training seriously, you wouldn't be a member of that $h1thole of a chain of gyms anyway.

If you were the kind of person to be annoyed by this, find a proper gym.

Simples

Just going some more googling on planet fitness, they have this thing called a "lunk alarm". basically if your grunting while lifting weights / dropping weights loudly or probably just doing any kind of real training. they actually sound this alarm in the gym, an actual ****!ng siren goes off and some one asked you to leave.

Just going some more googling on planet fitness, they have this thing called a "lunk alarm". basically if your grunting while lifting weights / dropping weights loudly or probably just doing any kind of real training. they actually sound this alarm in the gym, an actual ****!ng siren goes off and some one asked you to leave.

Exactly.
    No chalk
    No grunting
    No proper equipment

You could exercise there, you couldn't Train there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

How can people still be complaining about Planet Fitness?? It's like jumping into the sea and complaining about getting wet. Everyone knows what the gym is like, it costs 10$ a month and you get free pizza and muffins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Free%2Bpizza%2Bfriday_89bd82_3874934.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Should PF not be kinda praised in some ways? They have a very specific target market and operating model and are upfront about what's on offer. Maybe I'm mad, but I appreciate cynical businesses to be open and honest about who they are.

To be honest, no one should feel entitled to anything at $10pm.

JJayoo wrote: »
    How can people still be complaining about Planet Fitness?? It's like jumping into the sea and complaining about getting wet. Everyone knows what the gym is like, it costs 10$ a month and you get free pizza and muffins.

Cheaper then dominoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

When things go wrong thats why MyProtein show their true colours. Charging and saying they use DPD then using MHI were your package is sent to germany for a week to be sorted before being sent back to the UK to be forwarded to dublin with half the address missing.

TPW > MP

Always been dpd with me, i thought they dropped mhi?

tpw hasn't had an offer on when i needed stuff, i wouldn't be adverse to using them or anything.

"Planet fitness doesn't owe you ****" . I didn't like elliot at first but his videos have grown on me there's a far bit of bro science in some of his vids but a lot of solid stuff too.

In fairness there probably laughing all the way to the bank with this with all the extra free advertising and probably a load of new members who think "just what i need a gym that's not intimidating" ""just what i need a gym where ill never get any real results"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

"Planet fitness doesn't owe you ****" . I didn't like elliot at first but his videos have grown on me there's a far bit of bro science in some of his vids but a lot of solid stuff too.

In fairness there probably laughing all the way to the bank with this with all the extra free advertising and probably a load of new members who think "just what i need a gym that's not intimidating" ""just what i need a gym where ill never get any real results"

That guy is seriously annoying. That is all.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Essien wrote: »

THAT GUY!!!!!

Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

As annoying as it must seem for outsiders of PF, I wonder how many of their members actually use squat racks for anything other than curls?

Brian? wrote: »
    That guy is seriously annoying. That is all.

No way Elliot Hulse is brilliant imo one of the few channels I'll watch, you want proper annoying Hodgetwins hit the nail on the head for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

No way Elliot Hulse is brilliant imo one of the few channels I'll watch, you want proper annoying Hodgetwins hit the nail on the head for me.

You shut your mouth!

But hey....it's just advice, man.

You do whatever the F*CK you wanna do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Back to the gym yesterday for the first time in about 3 weeks. Was pretty damn hungry going in as I'm on a cut at the moment but haven't tracked so I'm probably way down on calories. Squat was fine. With deadlift I may have lost a bit of strength. Bench is another story altogether. It's dropped drastically! Also my hamstring cramped up after it. Bench was after squats so I guess it makes sense. It made me a bit wary doing deadlifts as well but they went ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

• Advertisement

Luiimarco is doing video interviews with people who are on steroids openly and giving there side of the story. Watched a but of one, Internet cut but they have potential to be someway decent. They are 40mins long though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Didn't know who Luimarco was. Googled. First result: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143622003

I've a banging headache from reading that thread and from watching his vids. Not sure if it's a brain hemorrhage or if my brain is just trying to comprehend how much of a retard he is.

Yeah he's pretty irritating tbf but it's a subject that is interesting to listen too and especially from a users POV.

dor843088 wrote: »

Well he's bulked up. I loved his deadlift vid where he got throw out for deadlifting and making too much noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

0kI9Bln.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement