Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

101.5kg at the moment. Feel strong, workouts are improving in crossfit but I've definitely gained useless weight as well as muscle.

I'm not a defeatest kind of person though when it comes to be truly lean I feel as though I'll never get there. My work ethic doesn't match the work required when it comes to losing fat. Though I've weight cut before for BJJ, up to 10kg's in less than 10 days this is really hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

watch a few mins in, its worth it (but only if you have a decent DL, cause you may be embarrassed, I was)

You guys gotta see this – it’s Ronnie Coleman’s first powerlifting competition in 1994. You’ll like that Ronnie was yelling “light weight” long before his Mr. Olympia days. Now, what Ronnie does is indeed impressive, deadlifting 728 lbs. But on this day, Ronnie’s antics were outmatched by a whistling old man named Roy Mason. Roy was a traveling preacher and a truck driver. As you’ll see, he can barely walk over to the bar, but he then proceeds to pull 529 lbs at the ripe age of 76! Old man strength at its finest.

http://bretcontreras.com/ronnie-colemans-first-powerlifting-meet/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

He's one beastly beast that RC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,667 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Can anyone tell me if they think that this would be good for improving grip on the bar?

It's something I use to absorb sweat and improve my grip in bowling. I've a load of these things in my locker at the alley and have no clue where to get climbing chalk (asked at the crossfit centre and they import from Germany)

Where are you based? Any of the outdoor ships should have it. I get mine in either snow and rock in Dundrum or the great outdoors in town or in their shop in awesome walls in Finglas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

ted1 wrote: »
    Where are you based? Any of the outdoor ships should have it. I get mine in either snow and rock in Dundrum or the great outdoors in town or in their shop in awesome walls in Finglas.

Neither would be close enough to Malta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,667 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Neither would be close enough to Malta.

Sure its just down the road, I'm sure there's climbing shops in Malta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Marty it's great to see this stuff in the media lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

siochain wrote: »
    Marty it's great to see this stuff in the media lately.

Sure is but the sad thing is majority of people will ignore it or are to lazy to care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Bit of a problem with myprotein today when I tried putting through an order. I'm currently working abroad but when I went to enter a new delivery address my only option was Ireland. Couldn't change the country at all. Anyone ever have this happen? I've contacted them about it already but thought I'd get a quicker answer here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Are you trying to use the irish site? what about the .com site?

Are you trying to use the irish site? what about the .com site?

That solved one problem cheers. Now when I need to put in my billing address Ireland doesn't show up in the list of countries :(

Republic of Ireland?

Eire?

Republic of Ireland?

Eire?

Nope no reference at all to Ireland on it.

Can you pay for it with paypal?

Can you pay for it with paypal?

Na still need a separate delivery address with no Ireland in sight

You can change your delivery address to Ireland through paypal itself.

You can change your delivery address to Ireland through paypal itself.

And problem solved. Nice one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,617 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just put in the billing address the same as the delivery address.
    I had that issue on loads of sites over Xmas when trying to deliver to my Irish address put pay with my Australian card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

oh **** oh **** oh ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Is it wierd that this video aroused me a little?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

dor843088 wrote: »
    Is it wierd that this video aroused me a little?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Stupid bint Tracy Anderson been in the press over the last few days - the celebrity 'trainer' who said girls shouldn't lift more than 3lbs weights, who is partly to blame for that Paltrow actress's Osteopenia and Vit D problem

Came across which is a nice teardown of many of the stupid statements this stupid person as come out with

No time for these stupid, idiotic dangerous 'trainers'

http://deansomerset.com/a-logical-argument-against-the-tracy-anderson-method/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

1.40 for the fail

Watched this the other day. Jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Yes.

nah i'm with him on that.
    it gave me a bit of a rush of blood

nah i'm with him on that.
    it gave me a bit of a rush of blood

Ye must have a dull enough life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Ye must have a dull enough life.

might do but different strokes and all that.

my life is filled with happeness and good fortune with an exuberant session on occasion.

if that's dull then I'm ok with that.

Yes.

Despite the name Ridley rider is allergic to hot chicks. Or at least thats what his mother told him.

• Advertisement

Despite the name Ridley rider is allergic to hot chicks. Or at least thats what his mother told him.

I'd rather not engage in your pettiness, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Janey mac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Anyway, Day 12 of my 2014 bulkathon.

Currently 73kg and today I broke the 4000 cals barrier (4273), all real food, no shakes, one 2 litre of whole milk.

Anyway, Day 12 of my 2014 bulkathon.

Currently 73kg and today I broke the 4000 cals barrier (4273), all real food, no shakes, one 2 litre of whole milk.

Love bulking. My problem is now that anything less than 3500kcals and I'm hungry around this time.

Any idea of how high you'll bulk?

Love bulking. My problem is now that anything less than 3500kcals and I'm hungry around this time.

Any idea of how high you'll bulk?

I don't know, ten kilos for me would be fantastic and would put me at the heaviest i've ever weighed ( hell If I cross the 80kg mark I'll be flying)I find bulking very hard:eek:

So I've kind of eased myself into it this time. Eating an extra meal in the evening plus from today on having a small supper with a shake on workout days.

I'm finding as the (almost) two weeks have gone I'm getting more hungry which can only be good for the gainz haha.

Not too worried about BF % at the mo'

I don't know, ten kilos for me would be fantastic and would put me at the heaviest i've ever weighed ( hell If I cross the 80kg mark I'll be flying)I find bulking very hard:eek:

So I've kind of eased myself into it this time. Eating an extra meal in the evening plus from today on having a small supper with a shake on workout days.

I'm finding as the (almost) two weeks have gone I'm getting more hungry which can only be good for the gainz haha.

Not too worried about BF % at the mo'

Any time frame for it all or just going by ear? Bulking is hard to begin with but it does get easier. 3 months in at this stage and food just keeps going in with no end:pac:

That's your muscles screaming out for you to feed so they can get new buddies:P

Sorry had to sleep. I was thinking 4-5 months. If I'm not sick of it by then I'll keep eating haha.

I really don't know though as any attempt I've made in the past to bulk have failed fairly quickly. Eating has been a chore for me and as I've said in other threads here, when I am busy I tend to forget to eat. But I'm enjoying all the food at the minute so long may it last.

I'd rather not engage in your pettiness, thanks.

Sorry man you are correct. Buds?

Sorry man you are correct. Buds?

If you care to be civil, I suppose I could put up with you:P

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I went from 72kg to 79kg from early November to early January while pretty much maintaining the same level of leanness. Did a few weeks of 4k/day and settled on about 3400/day

Was dying in bed all last week ate basically nothing for a full week. 75.5kg this morning.. All my gains :(

But after a week of no creatine / no gratuitous eating thats to be expected, I'll have it all back on in a week or two I'd say. I'm going to stay bulking until late March or so, hopefully hit 83/84kg BW and then bench that weight for 3x5 and DL double that for 5 reps.. Dems the goals anyway

• Advertisement

If you care to be civil, I suppose I could put up with you:P

You have my word . My first friend:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

dor843088 has not made any friends yet

^^ you are doing it wrong :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

1.40 for the fail
    I am always amazed at the amount of women who wear high heels, I reckon if they were only invented today people would laugh at the thought of wearing them, being literal fashion victims (of falls), and would just call the fashion designer a loon.

I remember seeing women in them in the heavy snow a few years ago, walking to work in an industrial estate (not like they were caught out) ankles quivering away with instability, while I was carefully selecting the widest soled shoes I had.

dor843088 has not made any friends yet

^^ you are doing it wrong :pac:

Hey im turning over a new leaf a new year a new me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

YNDTP

Plamásing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I was in someone's house yesterday and Irelands fittest family came on. Wasn't really paying attention but I saw a crossfit family, might have been two families. They got through to the next round anyway (I think)

Might interest some of you guys.

rubadub wrote: »
    I am always amazed at the amount of women who wear high heels, I reckon if they were only invented today people would laugh at the thought of wearing them, being literal fashion victims (of falls), and would just call the fashion designer a loon.

I remember seeing women in them in the heavy snow a few years ago, walking to work in an industrial estate (not like they were caught out) ankles quivering away with instability, while I was carefully selecting the widest soled shoes I had.

High heels get my vote. I think flat shoes should be banned for women . SLDL in high heels :D

YNDTP

Plamásing.

You are my next pursuit alf what has a man got to do to friend you?

rubadub wrote: »

Historically it was cool for both men and women to wear them

During the 16th century, European royalty started wearing high-heeled shoes to make them look taller or larger than life, such as Catherine de Medici or Mary I of England. By 1580, men also wore them, and a person with authority or wealth was often referred to as "well-heeled".[9]
    In the ninth century, Persian horseback warriors actually wore an extended heel made up for keeping feet from sliding out of stirrups. This also kept riders still when they needed to stand up and shoot arrows.

I did low squats on friday and my calves are so tight and shortened, I couldn't walk all weekend.
    Heels might help :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

You are my next pursuit alf what has a man got to do to friend you?

Long dark nights and bad jokes :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement