Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Hanley wrote: »
    Dave Smith - 200kg raw bench in the gym in Hercs 2007

Dave FitzHenry - 200kg 3x5 in Hercs in 2006. No lift off. No spotter. Open mouthed Hanley.

These lads natural? sick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

link_2007 wrote: »
    I use http://www.courtneyfoodservice.com/

Recommended them in another thread and the lad I recommended them to was happy as well so they definitely have two satisfied customers.

I can't comment on their delivery times/reliability as I usually call into their Kimmage outlet to get my stuff, but I find them to be great value.

Do they deliver to anywhere in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

People need to try this juice. Just click "buy now" :D
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/liger/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Check out the comments on that...

"Darren Teat -
    I've been using this for 19 minutes now and have already packed on precisely 8.95845 lbs of ALL LEAN MUSCLE!"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Do they deliver to anywhere in Ireland?

I don't think so - the website says: Online Shop (Dublin Area)

Apologies JJayoo, I didn't think to ask where you were based before recommending them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Check out Sullivan's of Tralee (www.sulmeat.com). They've decent prices and they deliver all over Ireland (€7.50 if you're outside Munster).

You'll get five 170g chicken breasts for €8.50, for example, which isn't cheap but it's not ridiculously expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

My local butcher has fillets ranging from 200-230g for €1.80 each. I've never gone back to a supermarket since...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Top quality meat here, deliver nationwide too.

http://www.jameswhelanbutchers.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Just saw this article about strength standards in the different lifts

http://muscleandbrawn.com/strong-strength-standards-raw-natural-lifters/

• Advertisement

cc87 wrote: »

I wish the Americans would just f**king switch to metric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I've spent too much time online. I can translate most weights from kilo to pounds without thinking now from articles etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

cc87 wrote: »

Very interesting thanks for sharing!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I'm convinced it's because 1000 pounds sounds much more impressive than 453kg.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    I'm convinced it's because 1000 pounds sounds much more impressive than 453kg.

sounds more expensive to me, not heavier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

Americans? It would be great if half the posters on this site could manage it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco have a full 1500g chicken for €3.47 at the moment. I cut off one breast and it was 190g. I didn't cut if off very well so it was probably 210g if I did it properly.

Most going 10 for €10 deals are 130-140g. So if I just cut the breasts off it would have been maybe 420g, which is equivalent to 3.1 of the 135g breasts.

So its like I am getting all the rest of the chicken for less than 50cent.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268652094

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

rubadub wrote: »
    Tesco have a full 1500g chicken for €3.47 at the moment. I cut off one breast and it was 190g. I didn't cut if off very well so it was probably 210g if I did it properly.

Most going 10 for €10 deals are 130-140g. So if I just cut the breasts off it would have been maybe 420g, which is equivalent to 3.1 of the 135g breasts.

Have your tried their cooked Moroccan style full chickens? Unreal tasty, costs €5, with two onions, some olive oil and balsamic vinegar, there's lunch and next days breakfast for less than €6

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Why bother cuttin off the breasts? 1 chicken = 2 good meals.

Spatchcock the chicken, saving the spine to make stock and either cook the whole chicken or freeze half for later. Half a chicken with a heap of salad is a pretty good meal.

Edit: great recipe here

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055926588/1/#post66164241

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Spatchcock the chicken, saving the spine to make stock and either cook the whole chicken or freeze half for later. Half a chicken with a heap of salad is a pretty good meal.

Edit: great recipe here

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055926588/1/#post66164241

I think he is pointing out that for the money you spend on breast you get more breast meat if you buy a whole chicken, plus you get free thighs and wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

siochain wrote: »
    Have your tried their cooked Moroccan style full chickens? Unreal tasty, costs €5,
    I got some piri piri cooked ones, I possibly got the morrorcan before, they seem to finish up about 5.30 or so and sell them all off at 6 at half price or less. Very odd time to stop, and I have seen them start cooking rakes of chickens at 8am too! I often see people going up looking pissed off to see no chickens at dinner time.
    As said above it was just to illustrate & compare the prices. I think some people cannot get their head around it, and too many probably think the "10 for 10" fillets are what you would get on a normal chicken, when really they are very small.

I did cut one breast off though, so I could cook it quickly in my airfryer.

• Advertisement

I got some piri piri cooked ones, I possibly got the morrorcan before, they seem to finish up about 5.30 or so and sell them all off at 6 at half price or less. Very odd time to stop, and I have seen them start cooking rakes of chickens at 8am too! I often see people going up looking pissed off to see no chickens at dinner time.

As said above it was just to illustrate & compare the prices. I think some people cannot get their head around it, and too many probably think the "10 for 10" fillets are what you would get on a normal chicken, when really they are very small.

I did cut one breast off though, so I could cook it quickly in my airfryer.

Cooked a whole chicken in the slow cooker this week, and when it came time to "carve" I could just pull the whole breast of the rib. actually it pretty much fell off whole. Was the easiest way ive found of getting the most meat off the carcass. twice the size of butcher chickens breast.

will be my go to meal i think

left the bones in the pot for a stock. Easiest 4 meals ive ever made.

DM-BM wrote: »

Doesn't have to be applied to everything. I mean I don't really want to The Proclaimers to have to go changing song lyrics or anything.

But when it comes to weights it's KgGTFO

Doesn't have to be applied to everything. I mean I don't really want to The Proclaimers to have to go changing song lyrics or anything.

But when it comes to weights it's KgGTFO

they could cover this for their next single
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhtgKHYZti0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

DM-BM wrote: »

Especially when mixing the two. Suggesting 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight hurts my eyes.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Especially when mixing the two. Suggesting 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight hurts my eyes.

Why do so many people have a problem with this? Sure the first time you might have to scratch your head a bit but it's better than saying 2.2g/kg or 0.0022lb/lb bodyweight.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Why do so many people have a problem with this? Sure the first time you might have to scratch your head a bit but it's better than saying 2.2g/kg or 0.0022lb/lb bodyweight.

Or just say 2g/kg. How many people in Ireland weigh themselves in pounds anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

2.2g / kg is perfect.

Mixing imperial and metric is just silly , Miles/Litre , or Kilometers per gallon?... just no.

Or just say 2g/kg. How many people in Ireland weigh themselves in pounds anyway?

14g of protein per stone works well actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Bodyweight - Body fat % = lean bodyweight and then a gram per pound.

I weigh myself in pounds:(

• Advertisement

I weigh myself in pounds:(

Did you get your scales for two and sixpence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

So do I because I lost the instructions for my scale and don't know how to change it to KG.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Bodyweight - Body fat % = lean bodyweight and then a gram per pound.

You've just jumped in there without reading the rest of it haven't you.

Anyone try 35g per pood?

You've just jumped in there without reading the rest of it haven't you.

Anyone try 35g per pood?

I use funt.

Anyone try 35g per pood?

There's more than 35g per pood if I've eaten a fair whack of meat a few hours beforehand.

There's more than 35g per pood if I've eaten a fair whack of meat a few hours beforehand.

That is a sh1te joke.

That is a sh1te joke.

No, this is:

86e072bdfac7c0d9d22443fa9e8d9244e2c664aa7f5f17be364383d78d7c533a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Can you add an instagrm video here???

Guy called Mike Trout ( baseball player) HUGE box jump

http://instagram.com/p/jM9MVyJtbl

Mike Boyle is speaking at a seminar in NADA on March 29th if anyone's interested. Have no idea of the rest of the details. I only managed to catch that piece of info

• Advertisement

Bulk powders released their own .ie site.

How much Omega 3 (EPA + DHA) do you take daily? Reading a lot of conflicting information on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

6 x 1000mg capsules every morning.
    180mg DHA, 120mg EPA per capsule.

6 x 1000mg capsules every morning.
    180mg DHA, 120mg EPA per capsule.

So that's 1.8g of EPA+DHA daily. That's in and around the recommended range I've seen mentioned again and again. I've been taking 800mg EPA+DHA daily (3 caps with the same profile as yours) and was wondering if it's enough. I think I'll up it to 6 caps from tomorrow — 3 in the morning and 3 at night, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

I started aiming for 2g EPA and 1.5g DHA after reading this article. Probably seems ridiculously high to most people but that article is very well researched so I'm going with Berkhan's recommendation. With the MyProtein fish oil that's basically two shots using the lid of the bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

I take 15ml of liquid fish oil a day, works out at 2.2g epa, 1.4g dha.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Robb wolf's changed his stance recently and Danny from metabolic perfection talked about it to my gym recently too.

Something to do with oxidative risk of PUFAs in cell membranes versus a more stable saturated fat construction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

What Hanley said, and studies only show benefits in short term use.

There is fermented cod liver oil which mightn't have oxidative risk but that's pricey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

So don't bother with fish oil? Get Omega 3 from natural sources?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I wouldn't say don't bother but it's best to get it from real food. There is an advantage using it short term but not long term(can't remember the time frame)

Orla K wrote: »
    I wouldn't say don't bother but it's best to get it from real food. There is an advantage using it short term but not long term(can't remember the time frame)

What changes that makes long term use not advantageous?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement