Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

papu wrote: »
    Since when does disagreeing with someone make you a dick? :confused:

Since when does calling someone names equal disagreeing with someone? since when does people stirring up sh1t by naming her and posting her facebook profile and egging on other people by bringing up other stories equal disagreeing with her?

Papu I think you are a moronic mess because of something you once said and I am gonna publicly post your facebook details and slag you but that's ok because I just disagree with you, is that cool?

Edit: Sorry papu, I didn't know the full story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

JJayoo wrote: »
    Since when does calling someone names equal disagreeing with someone? since when does people stirring up sh1t by naming her and posting her facebook profile and egging on other people by bringing up other stories equal disagreeing with her?

Papu I think you are a moronic mess because of something you once said and I am gonna publicly post your facebook details and slag you but that's ok because I just disagree with you, is that cool?

Its cool if he called you a bellend i'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Well I don't have a public facebook page...

If you say something wrong people will call you out on it. If you choose to express your feelings on multiple public forums you should expect to be challenged in the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I wonder if Top Irish Wannabe Bellend knows the kerfuffle he caused.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Y'all gotta remember this is something came off the FAN page they use to promote themselves. Not off their personal page.

If it was off the personal page, I'd kinda have an issue with it.

But blast it out for everyone to see on an "athlete"/fan page and you're opening the door to that sorta response IMO.

Plus, all the responses were actually quite constructive, polite and intelligent.

But why let facts ruin a good rabble party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Rabble rabble rabble.

Hanley wrote: »
    Y'all gotta remember this is something came off the FAN page they use to promote themselves. Not off their personal page.

If it was off the personal page, I'd kinda have an issue with it.

I thought it was first posted on boards and then people found out her facebook page and posted her details?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Top Irish Powerlifter

I thought it was first posted on boards and then people found out her facebook page and posted her details?

All details, the post, came from the FB fan page. Which is an open/public page.

As stated above, all comments were constructive and not direct insults. My post on boards, was aimed at bringing attention to that fact that this behaviour and elitism attitude is unwarranted and desrespectful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Facebook at 12:13 yesterday afternoon and here at 18:50

Ohhhh ok sorry my mistake then.
    I thought the person in question had posted this anonymously on boards and then someone found out her identity and posted it up on her facebook page, and that's why I thought it was sh1tty.

I can understand the backlash now, it might humble her a bit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Ohhhh ok sorry my mistake then.
    I thought the person in question had posted this anonymously on boards and then someone found out her identity and posted it up on her facebook page, and that's why I thought it was sh1tty.

I can understand the backlash now, it might humble her a bit

Make mistake, figure it out, apologise, you don't lose any face, everyone gets along.

There's a very relevant lesson for people there.

All details, the post, came from the FB fan page. Which is an open/public page.

As stated above, all comments were constructive and not direct insults. My post on boards, was aimed at bringing attention to that fact that this behaviour and elitism attitude is unwarranted and desrespectful.

You spelled 'etiquette' incorrectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Gisty wrote: »
    UxToaK8.jpg

Her surname is purely coincidental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Am I right in saying its mostly me your directing your displeasure at your last few posts?

dor843088 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying its mostly me your directing your displeasure at your last few posts?

I explained above. In my original, flawed, understanding of the situation I though lots of people were being b1tchy including you. But the fact that she chose to write that on her fan page expecting praise is bewildering and pretty much paints herself as a bit of a bully.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Right, let's stop with that now please. People said things here, someone gave out on facebook etc., let it end here.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

I explained above. In my original, flawed, understanding of the situation I though lots of people were being b1tchy including you. But the fact that she chose to write that on her fan page expecting praise is bewildering and pretty much paints herself as a bit of a bully.

Just to clear things up from my point of view it was not my intention to send a witchhunt in this girls direction nor did I post anything negative or otherwise on the page . I found the page myself it wasnt difficult its not private. People obviously wanted to see what all the drama was about ,as did I . I just made it a little easier by providing the name of the fan page. Sorry just wanted to get that straight .

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Picked up a pair of Power Perfect 2s for €85 in D8 Fitness

adidas-power-perfect-2.jpg

I'm usually an 11 in Adidas stuff but the 10.5 was a better fit. Good bit of stock left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

conzy wrote: »
    Picked up a pair of Power Perfect 2s for €85 in D8 Fitness

adidas-power-perfect-2.jpg

I'm usually an 11 in Adidas stuff but the 10.5 was a better fit. Good bit of stock left

Sweet deal, any news on the white adipowers? I seen them on the Adidas main site wondering if any Irish sites sell them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

jugger0 wrote: »
    Sweet deal, any news on the white adipowers? I seen them on the Adidas main site wondering if any Irish sites sell them yet.

I have em :)

COH wrote: »
    I have em :)

How? where? omg so jelly... are they as pretty in real life?

Imagine scoring the most beautiful woman you've ever seen... taking her home, then waking up the next morning and realising that not only is she hotter than you thought, but that she brought her twin sister along too

Imagine scoring the most beautiful woman you've ever seen... taking her home, then waking up the next morning and realising that not only is she hotter than you thought, but that she brought her twin sister along too

Won't be looking for those when you change up so.

Fuarrrk... want so bad

OR you could wake up beside what you thought was fresh young meat only to realise its your ex girlfriend , she just got new make up and a hair-do. :p

OR you could wake up beside what you thought was fresh young meat only to realise its your ex girlfriend , she just got new make up and a hair-do. :p

You're projecting mate..

Personal issues is that way >>>>>>>>>

You're projecting mate..

Personal issues is that way >>>>>>>>>

I thought you were better than such prejudice

I thought you were better than such prejudice

You had sex with an old pair of shoes.

That's disgusting.

• Advertisement

You had sex with an old pair of shoes.

That's disgusting.

I know , its shameful . If only it had been a new white adipower, now thats a SILF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

I kept cracking my back over the back of a chair in college the other day and moaning that my back was sore/felt caught up...so one of the lads brought me in 2 hockeyballs taped together today. O dear lord the relief!! Had been using tennis balls before...but this is a new level of amazing!

gymfreak wrote: »
    I kept cracking my back over the back of a chair in college the other day and moaning that my back was sore/felt caught up...so one of the lads brought me in 2 hockeyballs taped together today. O dear lord the relief!! Had been using tennis balls before...but this is a new level of amazing!

Massage with someone jumping up and down your back?? :)

gymfreak wrote: »

That is SO 2012.... Like if you want to stay current on your back cracking techniques you have to selotape a vegan ostrich egg together with an ebook and spend 45mins a day in the full retard position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

That is SO 2012.... Like if you want to stay current on your back cracking techniques you have to selotape a vegan ostrich egg together with an ebook and spend 45mins a day in the full retard position

...but I'm delicate!I'd probably break before the egg!

Going for a daily "unsubscribe" from my email list with this doozy;

"Strap on the big boy pants and start NOW. Because you've a choice - in 6 months time you can be a different person inside and out, or you can be the same miserable sh1thead you are now."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Going for a daily "unsubscribe" from my email list with this doozy;

"Strap on the big boy pants and start NOW. Because you've a choice - in 6 months time you can be a different person inside and out, or you can be the same miserable sh1thead you are now."

Wow, inspirational stuff.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Wow, inspirational stuff.

Wow, the sarcasm is almost palpable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wow, the sarcasm is almost palpable.

You're an inspirational guy and I'm a fan of your daily emails (I read them everyday anyway), but I don't think what you quoted there is your best stuff or anything close to it.

That said, the email obviously isn't aimed at me or a percentage of your readership. I don't feel like a miserable ****head. :)

I guess weightlifting is useful when carrying large stacks of file bags and everyone is like "no you can't carry all those" sure I can :pac:
    Yes, that's why I do it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm the only one in the office that can change the water cooler without fainting.

Well, maybe I'm not and I'm just gullible while everyone else is lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

What's the general consensus on foam rolling your lower back and spine? I used to love doing it at the start of my sessions and hearing all the cracks and stuff used to feel amazing. Then I heard from a couple of knowledgeable people that it's actually pretty bad for your back and can lead to injuries.

I often see other people doing it still. I remember seeing Cian Healy doing it on a rugby ball before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

CM24 wrote: »
    What's the general consensus on foam rolling your lower back and spine? I used to love doing it at the start of my sessions and hearing all the cracks and stuff used to feel amazing. Then I heard from a couple of knowledgeable people that it's actually pretty bad for your back and can lead to injuries.

I often see other people doing it still. I remember seeing Cian Healy doing it on a rugby ball before!

It's not a good idea.
    Foam roll your thoracic spine all you like, but the general rule is that you want mobility in the ankle, stability in the knee, mobility in the hips, stability in the lumbar spine and mobility in the thoracic spine.

For these reasons, "mobility" work refers to mobilizing areas that should be mobile, not areas that should be stable.

Hope that helps

CM24 wrote: »

It's not a good idea. Too much risk of creating a problem for your vertebrae and/or discs. Besides, the lower back is meant to be stable.

Use something smaller like a ball to get into the tissue either side of the spine but a lot of the time you'll find rolling your flutes etc will relieve what you thought was a tight lumbar spine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Roll my flute?

Go home Alf, you're drunk!

Now that I think of it my back injury occurred shortly after purchasing a foam roller and frequently rolling the sh1t out my entire back . Certainly wont be doing that again .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Cracking your back and lifting would be a bad idea , do it afterward if you need to .

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

I bought them from the uk version of the adidas specialty sports site cos the IE site is broken and I couldnt wait. And yes, they are awesome.

Roll my flute?

Go home Alf, you're drunk!

:D

Usually the predictive text on this (new) phone is annoying but that's brilliant.

That said, in some cultures, rolling your flute can relieve tension...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

I'm the only one in the office that can change the water cooler without fainting.

Well, maybe I'm not and I'm just gullible while everyone else is lazy.

ha ha same here, and the looks you get when you carry the drum in one hand :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

First proper session in the new gym. Return to regular lifting after a 7 month absense.
    Trying out the lifting platform, new bars and bumpers (ironmind elite).
    A part of me knows this is all psychological. But at the same time part of me is convinced all the fancy gear helped.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement