Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Comments

Too many dick innuendos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

gvn wrote: »
    Too many dick innuendos.

[snigger]Too many dicks inyourendo[/snigger]

Yeah, you're probably right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭ninamc

Definitely meant as a compliment, but maybe the only compliments allowed are the ones where people lift heavy **** and non-gym related struggles shouldn't be mentioned cause it's the Health and Fitness forum? I'll go back in my corner now :)
    Thud wrote: »
    I think that was meant as a compliment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

ninamc wrote: »
    Definitely meant as a compliment, but maybe the only compliments allowed are the ones where people lift heavy **** and non-gym related struggles shouldn't be mentioned cause it's the Health and Fitness forum? I'll go back in my corner now :)

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭ninamc

My bad.
    Hanley wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

Let's all forget our troubles with a nice bowl of strawberry icecream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

put 1 pack of a4 photocopier paper under my monitor at work and my lower back stiffness in the morning dissappeared overnight.

1 week in and it's still gone

everybody should do this now,. even if you have no monitor

put 1 pack of a4 photocopier paper under my monitor at work and my lower back stiffness in the morning dissappeared overnight.

1 week in and it's still gone

everybody should do this now,. even if you have no monitor

So where is your eye level on the monitor now?

I remember getting an assessment at work yeeeaaars ago and being told eye level should be at the top of the monitor.

Wasn't long there at the time so maybe that's why I never had a back problem at my desk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

So where is your eye level on the monitor now?

I remember getting an assessment at work yeeeaaars ago and being told eye level should be at the top of the monitor.

Wasn't long there at the time so maybe that's why I never had a back problem at my desk...

kinda mid level.

maybe I need 2 stacks of photocopier paper:)

the great thing is I've been training all week (4 days) so i know it's not training related stiffness that eased cos i stopped training.
    The only thing that changed was the paper stack

kinda mid level.

maybe I need 2 stacks of photocopier paper:)

the great thing is I've been training all week (4 days) so i know it's not training related stiffness that eased cos i stopped training.
    The only thing that changed was the paper stack

Time for a photocopier paper PR :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Did I see Hanley at the European Single lifts in Gorey today??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

gollywog wrote: »

Yeah his gf was competing

gollywog wrote: »

Hard to miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Hard to miss.

Recognised ya from the deadlift video. I was one of the skinny spotters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have to give credit to D8 fitness ordered a 20kg kettkebell on Thursday evening had it with me Friday afternoon.

After trying for ages to get my hips to loosen up think I have finally found the one that works best for me in weighted stretches. Have seen big improvements in a matter of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Have to give credit to D8 fitness ordered a 20kg kettkebell on Thursday evening had it with me Friday afternoon.

After trying for ages to get my hips to loosen up think I have finally found the one that works best for me in weighted stretches. Have seen big improvements in a matter of weeks.

Oh do tell please. I suffer from really tight hip flexors and I'm always looking for new ways to torture myself!

Oh do tell please. I suffer from really tight hip flexors and I'm always looking for new ways to torture myself!

Same here I'm always stretching and foam rolling etc and was progressing then someone got me to try weighted stretches and I'm seeing bigger improvements quicker.

It's using a weight but the key is not to go to heavy.

Do squats etc holding a kettlebell which will still work the muscle but also help get you into good positions and open up the hips at the same time.

I'm useless at explaining things have a look at the physiculture Facebook page for an idea of what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Same here I'm always stretching and foam rolling etc and was progressing then someone got me to try weighted stretches and I'm seeing bigger improvements quicker.

It's using a weight but the key is not to go to heavy.

Do squats etc holding a kettlebell which will still work the muscle but also help get you into good positions and open up the hips at the same time.

I'm useless at explaining things have a look at the physiculture Facebook page for an idea of what I'm talking about.

Food for thought - why are those particular muscles always tight? What's going on that they are under more strain than the other muscles?

I think it's from sitting all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think it's from sitting all day

Very possibly but most ppl sit all day and not everyone has this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

calfmuscle wrote: »
    Food for thought - why are those particular muscles always tight? What's going on that they are under more strain than the other muscles?

Nail on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Very possibly but most ppl sit all day and not everyone has this problem.

I think mine is pregnancy related. My hip flexors always bothered me when I walked/ran for more than 5k but didn't cause me pain at any other stage. Post pregnancy though I've had pain in my hip when sitting in the car which I do a lot at work. I've had physio and was recommended foam rolling/tennis ball torture which I do religiously. It has improved things but I still have weeks where I have hip pain for 3 or 4 days. It's most annoying

Ant11 wrote: »

Going to pick this up tomorrow morning.

Anyone have any good recipes? I'd love to make some pulled pork or cook a round of beef. Anything really. A few easy, go-to recipes would be ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

Going to pick this up tomorrow morning.

Anyone have any good recipes? I'd love to make some pulled pork or cook a round of beef. Anything really. A few easy, go-to recipes would be ideal.

The cooking club pulled pork is great.

thirteen. wrote: »

Dear lord that looks incredible.

• Advertisement

Just a heads up who's ever buying the slow cooker in Aldi today it's a 3.5 litre pot. Still enough to cook a big chunk of meat but doubt you'll get much veg in with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ant11 wrote: »
    Just a heads up who's ever buying the slow cooker in Aldi today it's a 3.5 litre pot. Still enough to cook a big chunk of meat but doubt you'll get much veg in with it.

3.5 litres would be a large enough one i'd say. There's gonna be a good few portions in that.

Mellor wrote: »
    3.5 litres would be a large enough one i'd say. There's gonna be a good few portions in that.

Maybe it looks small to me because I've been using a 5.5 litre pot and have managed to have it full every time I use it.

I'm not sure I've had really tight hips since my early teens not sure why but I'd say like most it was from sitting with a bad posture when in school, having tight hips flexors is very very common these days.

Mine are worst than most I don't work sitting all day but think the fact I ignored it for a long period more than a decade it slowly got worse.
    Dear lord that looks incredible.

It really is done it a few times always satisfies. Slow cooked meat is easy and so tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Received great customer service from D8 Fitness recently, the guy who runs it (Mark) seems a decent sort.

• Advertisement

Just remembered I had a dream about micro plates last night. I dreamt that I got a new set but they wouldn't fit on an oly barbell.
    My brain is trying to tell me I need micros imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Mellor wrote: »
    As for sprouts.
    I believe a lot of people dislike them simply because they were were served terribly cooked sprouts growing up. Ditto for a lot of veg I suppose.

Shredded sprouts, sauted with onion and garlic, finished with cream - nyom nyom.
    Or, I had a sprout and parmesan slaw in a restaurant last month, was v.good too

finish anything with cream and i'd eat anyting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

colossus-x wrote: »

That's what she said

Supervalu's cooked chickens are reduced to half price (€3) each day at about 4 or half 4. What kind of a sheltered life have I been living so far that this is news to me?

Supervalu's cooked chickens are reduced to half price (€3) each day at about 4 or half 4. What kind of a sheltered life have I been living so far that this is news to me?

What kind of student are you??!11?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Tesco clearance section can also be a goldmine for meats sometimes.
    Camden Street one used to be great!

A very sick one.

700g of sauted veg + a whole chicken = bleugh.

this is relevant to my interests

papu wrote: »
    Tesco clearance section can also be a goldmine for meats sometimes.
    Camden Street one used to be great!

Tesco Express?

It's not great. Some bounty to be had in Dunnes in The Swan though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Tesco Express?

It's not great. Some bounty to be had in Dunnes in The Swan though.

I remember building 2kg of Bolognese for less than 2 euro once.
    Maybe it's changed, I haven't been there for a while :/

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    this is relevant to my interests

Go into your local Supervalu at about 4 and casually saunter through the aisles pretending to be browsing for god know's what. As soon as you hear the wonderful "all cooked chickens are half price" announcement run to the deli and fill your trolley with chickens. Fool proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

colossus-x wrote: »

Preach! :D

Chest 101

How to add 20% to your DB bench without doing DB bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Chest 101

How to add 20% to your DB bench without doing DB bench.

Step 1: Don't do DB bench
    Step 2: Do 20% more DB bench
    Step 3: Profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I'm happy I'm finally seeing my abs. I'm sad that I'm down to 165 pounds to see them. I've a new found appreciation for peeps around 200 pounds lean.

Anyone know how to export my entire training log as a backup??

Anyone know how to export my entire training log as a backup??

Prob need to talk to the admin/C-Mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

foam roller I ordered from foam rollers by design arrived yesterday. it's a beast very happy with it. I had a cheap 20 euro one before I got this one and the difference is night and day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good interview with Klokov.

Lots of interesting points:

- Like all great athletes, he doesn't fully understand or can't convey some of his skills. When he talks about being naturally flexible and having to learn drills, etc to teach in his seminars is interesting for example;
    - His thoughts on food and supplementation is nothing you won't have heard before, but he delivers it in a no bull**** fashion;
    - His comment about success in weightlifting depending on it being a "national idea" is very true I think. Olympic success (not just in weightlifting) is an end product of government investment and support structures;

Well worth a watch in general imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Anyone know where I'd get a copy of mass made simple by Dan John? Struggling online tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement