Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike computer in race.

Options
  • 14-06-2013 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Newbie question for my first Triathlon in the morning. Are bike computers and watches legal? May sound like a stupid question but I don't see many people wearing watches in the run. I suppose since it's a sprint everyone goes hell for leather but I'm worried that if I push myself as fast as I can on the bike that the tank will be empty for the run.
    Just looking for a way to pace myself.

Cheers,

FJ.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

apart from the legality, i'd be concerned about leaving a computer strapped to your bike in transition, might not be there when you come out of the swim/back form the run. the quick releases on most of the mounts make it an easy thing to disappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Ya once its not a full laptop attached to the handle bars !

A lot wear GPS watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Well if anyone robs my Crivit 10 euro jobbie from Aldi then they have indeed fallen on hard times.
    Thanks for the replys.

Well if anyone robs my Crivit 10 euro jobbie from Aldi then they have indeed fallen on hard times.
    Thanks for the replys.

i'd say you;re okay alright :0

i was thinking more of the garmin 200s and up stuck on the handlebars, have heard of them going kissing from sportif food stops in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mossym wrote: »
    apart from the legality, i'd be concerned about leaving a computer strapped to your bike in transition, might not be there when you come out of the swim/back form the run. the quick releases on most of the mounts make it an easy thing to disappear.

I have left my garmin on my bike at countless races and would never be concerned it would go missing.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    I have left my garmin on my bike at countless races and would never be concerned it would go missing.

higher class of individual in tri than cycling...:D

i've never seen it happen in person, but the guys i cycle with warned me about it when i started, said they had seen a couple of instances

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

mloc123 wrote: »

if somebody was to steel something in T, they would probably steel the bike:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Great security from the volunteers yesterday in Monkstown. Checked all the numbers on the hands and tags on the bikes before you were left out of the Transition zone.

Advertisement