Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonably Priced Hotel?

Options
  • 14-06-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Going out Sunday night to Galway, it has completely slipped my mind to book a hotel :eek: i stayed in the clayton with some friends a few months ago they booked it and it was E35 for a double room, now i cant find anything for around that price again they want E70, and keeping in mind a taxi was near E20 each way from there. looking for double room,, something nice and not a rip off. any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭squonk

Travelodge on the Tuam Road. You'd walk from town to there. Should be around €45 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

connacht hotel is €49 this sunday night (formally the Carlton Hotel on Dublin rd. ) booking.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Wards Hotel €45
    Glen Oaks €35

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you're not looking for hotel frills, then most of the hostels do double rooms www.hostelworld.com

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ali-d1936

fifib wrote: »
    connacht hotel is €49 this sunday night (formally the Carlton Hotel on Dublin rd. ) booking.com

Never herd of this place before and didnt notice it on Travigo or ebookers, but it looks like it may do the job for E50 even if its still a bit of a taxi ride, thanks fifib!!
    If you're not looking for hotel frills, then most of the hostels do double rooms www.hostelworld.com

well im bringing company down a hostel aint going to go down well :D im trying to impress there ;) but thanks for the advice Mrs OBumble.

thanks for the other suggestions guys they all look really well! i just fancy trying the connacht hotel. unless there are any other suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ali-d1936 wrote: »
    well im bringing company down a hostel aint going to go down well :D im trying to impress there ;) but thanks for the advice Mrs OBumble.

thanks for the other suggestions guys they all look really well! i just fancy trying the connacht hotel. unless there are any other suggestions?

Ahh, if it's company that you're trying to impress, then being cheap ain't the way to go.

On that basis, i'd avoid Travelodge - it's fine for business travel, but strictly utilatarian .. no romance there.

The Connacht is probably a good bet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Flannery's next door aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

I can rent you a tent, you can pitch it up on Eyre Square.

Location, location, location.

Advertisement