Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best cinema in Limerick?

• 14-06-2013 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Been ages since I've been to the cinema.

What do people consider the best one of the three these days, in terms of price, comfort, screens, sound etc?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Showtime by jetland is nice, all very new, good seats if you like the ones that recline a bit (not enjoyable if there's someone with big legs behind you..) They let you bring your own 3d glasses.. not a lot of screens.. bad website.. no priority seats nonsense which is nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

I would have to say Showtime by Jetland also. I find it really enjoyable and friendly. I would recommend it to anybody, to me it is the best cinema in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Showtime all the way!
    It really is the most comfortable by a long margin, I was recently reminded of how comfortable during a recent visit to Omniplex....
    No leg room, uncomfortable seats manky screens and ****e sound.
    Haven't been in Storm\Odeon in a while but given the frequency of complaint post on here about it...
    I'll stick with showtime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ULMarc

I think Odeon would win out over all in my opinion. Lots of decent screens. Omniplex is getting shoddy and has some awkward smaller screens but Screen 1 at least is still very good. I've only been to show time once so I don't know much about it. But I do know I wasn't as mad about the seats as some others were.

If all things were equal I'd go to Storm..... but it's just not the same now it's Odeon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Sound quality in Showtime is miles ahead of any other Cinema in town first choice for me every time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Showtime for me. Sound quality and picture is better than any of the others. Never found it too hot or cold in there and I have always had a decent view of the screens. I haven't been in all of them but I don't think they have any like the ones in omniplex that are up high.

Last time I was in omni it was grand, couple of decent screens.

Had two shocking visits to storm in a row so decided not to waste money chancing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Showtime. Omniplex = worst customer mix imaginable. Oden = always either freezing or roasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Showtime definately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Showtime hands down, staff are nice, screens and sound are top notch, seats are grand, and one off events in there too, I'd love if they showed classic movies. havent been to Odeon since it was rebranded but it had brutal standards as Storm, was great for a few years then with all the aircon issues and bad experiences i just stopped going. Omniplex is grand if a show time in , err, Showtime doesnt suit I go there its only a few mins down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Can't understand why people are recommending Showtime. It's such a soulless cinema with a dark and drab colour scheme. I find the seats awkward and the screens too low and they didn't even use the full screen when last I was there. Moreover they have a deal on tuesday where tickets are €5 and a drink and popcorn are also €5 which sounds great but the drink was smaller than the drink you get with a happy meal and was gone shortly into the movie.

I couldn't recommend odeon more. The have a similar deal on wednesdays but you get a full size popcorn and drink so much better value for money.

Omniplex should be avoided, I have no idea how they get so much business. Everything about it just screams old and dirty and the 3d there is a disgrace, doesn't work half the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why does showtime have so many disabled parking spaces??? i mean three or four is fine..............but nearly every one outside the front entrance is a disabled spot must be about 20 plus, is it necessary to have so many:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

fryup wrote: »
    why does showtime have so many disabled parking spaces??? i mean three or four is fine..............but nearly every one outside the front entrance is a disabled spot must be about 20 plus, is it necessary to have so many:confused:
    You underestimate the number of "disabled" people in Limerick. Beats having to physically sign on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Zombie thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement