Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Coop Automatic Door

• 14-06-2013 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Considering the possibility of getting an automatic chicken door opener but upon a little research, dont think that i can get one for less than around €120

A little more expensive that what I am willing to pay....

Has anyone out there made their own automatic door? and if so would love it if you could share some info about it....

Thanks in advance.,...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

If anyone is interested out there and are also considering installing an automatic chicken door opener, i have bit the bullet and bought this one from Chuxaway....http://www.chuxaway.com/page1.aspx

I went for the option that includes the door conversion kit which is £88.90 delivered to the UK over the option to get it delivered to Ireland which is £96.90, as i also signed up for Parcelmotel which includes free shipping for the first two parcels if you have not used them before...

I was going to try and build my own but figured it would end up costing me more, plus the heartbreak and frustration of trying to get it to work correctly....

Will keep you updated with photos as i get it installed and fitted.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

My coops have sliding (across) doors, but will be very interested to see any photos you post of your auto door opener. As a chicken keeper, you might be interested in a forum called downthelane.net which has an excellent forum called Chicken Keeping. There was a discussion on there about a DIY auto. coop door opener. Its a really good forum in general for all issues relating to Chicken Keeping

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Stanley71

I had a Titan Incubator automatic door opener and it lasted only about eight months before the sensor and display screen went and it started opening the door in the middle of the night, and wouldn't close at nightfall. I'm lucky I didn't wake up to a fox attack. It had a mind of it's own so I had to stop using it. Titan wouldn't believe me when I told them, and wanted me to send them pics of my set-up, and of the back motherboard while the engine was running with a counterweight of so many grammes, they also wanted me to carry out other tests with the sensor... basically jobs an engineer would do. I did all the tests and it still wouldn’t work. I sent it back and they sent me a new one but refused to refund my postage. They told me there was nothing wrong with it...they never believed me in the first place. Poor customer service with a useless product. I have heard that ChickenGaurd are brilliant, so I will be buying from them in future. On a positive note, I swear by having a reliable one. It beats getting up at 5am in the middle of the summer to let the girls out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marita murphy

Are the automatic doors hard to attach

• Advertisement
Advertisement