Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Perm for Take Away in Residential Area

Options
  • 14-06-2013 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi,

My business partner and I are looking at a retail unit in a residential area. Next door we would have a Londis and Hairdressers, but it isn't really a commercial area, and everything else in the locale is a private home apart from those two businesses.

The Londis closes at 10pm and earlier on Sunday I believe.

Would it be possible for us to get planning permission for a take away, opening until perhaps 1am at the weekends?

Or is it likely it will be rejected, or subject to objections?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

May depend on where you are. Contact the planning office and they will ask you to submit an ordinance survey map with the property outlined. This should do as a pre planning meeting.
    If you get a positive from this then you can apply for change of use and planning permission.
    Sometimes the biggest hurdle is the landlord allowing the change of use...
    Ask an architect or surveyor. They will be needed to draw up plans if you get to that stage.
    Good luck.

Advertisement