Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty salon will not honour voucher

Options
  • 14-06-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Just looking for some advice on this matter. I bought my sister a gift voucher for her birthday six months ago. I went to a beauty salon in Limerick and paid for a full set of eyelash extensions that cost €60. When my sister went to get the eyelashes done today, the woman she met was not the woman I had bought the voucher from and who had signed off on it, written the expiry date and a phone number. It was a different beautician. After having the eyelashes applied, this lady said she couldn't accept the voucher because it was beautician-specific only and the lady I met that day has since left the salon. Therefore, because of this, the other worker wouldn't honour it.

My sister therefore had to pay another €60. She then rang the lady who gave me the voucher and she said she will honour it if she wants to get them done in the next few months. It appears that there are a number of different beauticians working there and the voucher is beautician-specific and obviously the money goes straight to whoever you meet on the day and who sells it to you. However, I always thought that if a voucher is purchased from a salon or a shop etc., with the name of that shop/salon etc. printed on the voucher that it should be honoured by them?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That would be the general expectation - if there are any particular T&Cs attached, then they should be made clear at the time of purchase.

Beauticians etc often do team up to open salons, so that's not uncommon. It might be worth digging to see what the legal structure behind the salon is.

Advertisement