Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I met my birth mother this month!

Options
  • 14-06-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I've finally met her! After all these years of being curious I've met her and she's lovely. I'm really delighted and am bursting to share my news. I'm not sure if she'll be open to meeting again but I think at least we'll both be at peace to know each of us has had and continues to have a good life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Good for you

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I can only imagine how that feels:))
    I hope it went well and you had loads of questions answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Hetty wrote: »
    I've finally met her! After all these years of being curious I've met her and she's lovely. I'm really delighted and am bursting to share my news. I'm not sure if she'll be open to meeting again but I think at least we'll both be at peace to know each of us has had and continues to have a good life.

Just seen this on the homepage, thats wonderful! Glad to hear a nice story like this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

That's great to hear, hope you get a chance to really get to know each other now. If that's what you both want, of course. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hetty

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I can only imagine how that feels:))
    I hope it went well and you had loads of questions answered.

Thanks Moonbeam,

It was very emotional and also surreal. It's as if I'm re- writing my history. She was great, very forthcoming and answered all of my questions. It couldn't have gone better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

It's great to read about a happy storey I am delighted for you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Well done!:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Elizvonne

Hetty
    Congrats fantastic news. I'm sure your bm is equally as delighted as ypu are. Wishing you both every happiness
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dannyc31

thats great OP. i just met my birth mother also, and it also went really great. felt on a high after the re-union. tell me, did you look alike at all? could you see some of yourself in her? :)

Sorry Danny I took a break from boards and I'm replying to your message 2 year later, apologies. Ya there is def a similarity between me and my bm, we share the same facial features. How bout you and your bm?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Glad to hear of good news stories like these. I'm beginning the search for my birth brother after almost 30 years. Hopefully my outcome is similar to your own.

Best of luck with the search KC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Hetty how has it gone since? Are you in contact with your birth mother now? Dh met his last summer and we stayed in her house recently for the first time, have been to a family wedding and she has stayed here. She is absolutely fabulous! Her husband is amazing and he has siblings who are just great. He looks like his uncle, has met all the aunts and uncles and lots of cousins who have been very welcoming. I'm so delighted for him and us as a family.
    KC161 hope your search works out. I replied to your post. You should be able to start a trace given its your brother. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IrisP

This is so lovely. I'm always so touched by these stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IrisP

Ghekko wrote: »
    Hetty how has it gone since? Are you in contact with your birth mother now? Dh met his last summer and we stayed in her house recently for the first time, have been to a family wedding and she has stayed here. She is absolutely fabulous! Her husband is amazing and he has siblings who are just great. He looks like his uncle, has met all the aunts and uncles and lots of cousins who have been very welcoming. I'm so delighted for him and us as a family.
    KC161 hope your search works out. I replied to your post. You should be able to start a trace given its your brother. Best of luck!
    This is so lovely. I'm always so touched by these stories.

Advertisement