Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone with a physical keyboard

Options
  • 14-06-2013 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi guys

Currently I'm using htc desire z and love the keyboard on it. I'm looking to get a new one with a physical keyboard. Does anyone know any other smart phones with a physical keyboard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

The new bb10.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What else do you want apart from a keyboard?

Does it have to be a slide out, or would a normal qwerty keyboard do?

BB also have the Q5 will qwerty on the way in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 zergless

Will look into both thanks.
    Doesn't need to be a slide out just have a keyboard really can't stand touch screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The options for phones with physical keyboards are pretty awful unfortunately :(

Android

HTC Desire Z
    HTC Chacha
    Motorola Milestone
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro
    Samsung Galaxy Chat

Symbian

Nokia E7 (I have one of these - awesome keyboard!)
    Nokia E6
    Loads of older Nokia's - probably best to avoid as they won't have the latest OS

Blackberry

Q10
    Q5
    Loads of other Blackberry's but they run BB7 - an OS that looks soon to be deprecated.

Maemo

Nokia N900

The Galaxy Chat is probably the newest phone, it runs Android 4.0 although the specs look a little weedy. If you want the latest handset with a physical keyboard, then the new Blackberry's running BB10 OS look the best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Heres a review of the Blackberry Q10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jav4nMHAYdU

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

beauf wrote: »
    Heres a review of the Blackberry Q10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jav4nMHAYdU

Tested one of these in work for a good while, it's a decent enough phone, but an inane rip off at €599.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I did a review of the Q10 if you want to take a look.
    http://irishtechnews.net/ITN3/review-blackberry-q10/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭moby2101

Goddamn it cookie1977 ..
    I had sworn off BB after having lots of issues with the 9900 3 handsets replaced under warranty but having had loans of Iphones and S4 I can't get used to typing without the physical keypad so I just ordered a Q10!

Great review btw!

Cheers
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

moby2101 wrote: »
    Goddamn it cookie1977 ..
    I had sworn off BB after having lots of issues with the 9900 3 handsets replaced under warranty but having had loans of Iphones and S4 I can't get used to typing without the physical keypad so I just ordered a Q10!

Great review btw!

Cheers
    Mike
    Tell us what you think, I am intrigued by the Q10.

• Advertisement

Just got the Q10 today...
    First impressions are excellent..
    I miss the trackpad but the new OS is superb..
    Skype up and running
    If you need a phone for email and calls and not too interested in gimmicky apps then I'd go for the Q10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

moby2101 wrote: »
    Just got the Q10 today...
    First impressions are excellent..
    I miss the trackpad but the new OS is superb..
    Skype up and running
    If you need a phone for email and calls and not too interested in gimmicky apps then I'd go for the Q10

You'll get used to the track pad being missing soon enough. I might start a Q10 thread for people on apps, operating system updates and some general hints and tips.

Hey

Q10 thread would be great Cookie!

Advertisement