Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought A Game in GameStop This Morning....

Options
  • 14-06-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I bought a game in GameStop this morning and it is absolute muck. The game in question, Rugby Challenge 2, was only released this morning and set me back €60!
    I'm a big rugby fan and heard the first was good so wanted to try this but the gameplay is so poor. Can I get a refund on it seeing as I only have it 5 hours? I doubt it, but knowing I'll only get ~€20 if I trade it in is frustrating. What are my options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

sjlc wrote: »
    I bought a game in GameStop this morning and it is absolute muck. The game in question, Rugby Challenge 2, was only released this morning and set me back €60!
    I'm a big rugby fan and heard the first was good so wanted to try this but the gameplay is so poor. Can I get a refund on it seeing as I only have it 5 hours? I doubt it, but knowing I'll only get ~€20 if I trade it in is frustrating. What are my options?

Why didn't you check on YouTube for gameplay? Never buy a game until you see what it's like yourself. I really don't know how much they'll give you. Maybe €30?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Which store? Bring it back and be honest and say its **** and they should give you your money back on a gift card or change it for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I remember a time that game in tallaght used to allow you bring a game back if you didn't like it..

but honestly you chose the game you should have researched, not a hope will they refund you...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Do not say you just don't like it, whatever you do. In this case, a refund is entirely discretionary and that gets their back up immediately.

Tell them you were bought another copy. It's unlikely they'll go for it, but it's worth a shot. And failing that, see how much you'd get for trading it in, in credit. Then check what you'd get in CEX, as their trade in values are often much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Stick it on Adverts for €150

Quote it as RARE then let them bargain you down to €90

Profit!!!!!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sjlc

Thanks for all the replies, I'm really just annoyed that I spent €60 on such a buggy game. If it was around 45 like most games I probably wouldn't have minded so much.
    As I said I only heard good things about the first one and I wanted to try it. I got it today because I'm not off for the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Thanks for all the replies, I'm really just annoyed that I spent €60 on such a buggy game. If it was around 45 like most games I probably wouldn't have minded so much.
    As I said I only heard good things about the first one and I wanted to try it. I got it today because I'm not off for the next two weeks.

I sympathise, deeply frustrating.

If you do have to trade it in, whatever you do, do it as quickly as possible. It's a "big" sports title so it will sell a lot now and then be traded-in by the bucketload - the value you'll get for it will plummet immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

They should be able to give you something for it.

Was there any type of passes, online pass etc...??

They may not give you a refund, but they will probably give you store credit...

My missus got Risen 2[yea, muck I know] and she went down a few hours later, told the bloke behind the counter that the game is ****e!! I want my money or store credit, and she got a gift card with the amount she paid for the game.

What normally happens is that they can resell them, by repackaging them, or sending them back to the main office/publishers...

Gamestop always get money back on games they don't sell. They get games on a Sale or Return policy.

The bloke behind the counter told her to research more before buying a purchase! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

They're not obliged to refund it, but......

..... Would I be right in saying it wasn't sold sealed? That way you could argue that it isn't "non mint" as it was open anyway and if you exchange it for another game or credit towards an imminent release then you may be able to do something about it.

However I would suggest you hang onto it, I've got it and had the last two rugby games as well and unfortunately it's still the only half decent one available. Simply put if you wanna play a rugby game there's no alternative.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sorry OP but it's your own fault. Read the reviews the next time and stick the game on adverts.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

This happens to me before too. Maybe rent games before buying them , to get a feel for them .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

EoghanIRL wrote: »

Different game, same developer. On another note it's actually the reason Rugby Challenge 2 is as inferior as it is. They basically take their Rugby League frame and tweak it for Union, hence the ability to offload the ball at supernatural speeds a thousand times per phase.

Advertisement