Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Booze will do the job. You'll certainly have the craic with the flight attendants and the passengers. Once you get tired, you'll start to doze off and next thing you know it, you've landed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Rigamortus

Bring Civ 4 and watch the hours melt away

What's CIV 4?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Rigamortus wrote: »
    Does anybody have any tips on how to survive a 12 or more hour flight ?

I have the feeling i'm gonna die sitting in those crammy airplane seats for more than 12 hours

12 hours flight?? I'm jealous :(

Long flights are the best! But I've only been on one 11 hour flight. Rest were all like 7 or 8.

They don't have to be crammy, it depends on the aircraft and the airline's seating arrangement. Also, look up what's on their in flight entertainment and if you don't like it bring stuff to watch or read.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Booze will do the job. You'll certainly have the craic with the flight attendants and the passengers. Once you get tired, you'll start to doze off and next thing you know it, you've landed :P

I doubt i'll drink on the plane haha .. don't they limit the amount of drink you can have on the plane?

To entertain myself i have a load of films downloaded.. all 3 seasons of GoT downloaded and a bit of Doctor who..

Is there any films you's recommend me watch while on the plane?

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    12 hours flight?? I'm jealous :(

Long flights are the best! But I've only been on one 11 hour flight. Rest were all like 7 or 8.

They don't have to be crammy, it depends on the aircraft and the airline's seating arrangement. Also, look up what's on their in flight entertainment and if you don't like it bring stuff to watch or read.

Why on earth would you be jealous haha .. it is the worst.. you feel almost dead during it.. then there's the dreadful airplane "food" .

And oh god.. don't even get me started on the crying kids .

I'll have to be listening to some pretty loud rap or some Nirvana to keep myself sane during thhe whole thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Snakes on a plane :pac:

I doubt i'll drink on the plane haha .. don't they limit the amount of drink you can have on the plane?

To entertain myself i have a load of films downloaded.. all 3 seasons of GoT downloaded and a bit of Doctor who..

You can buy duty free drinks. No beer though. Just spirits and vodka really. I'm not entirely sure about that limit on drinks.

The new The Fast and The Furious 6 film. Brilliant movie so I've heard. Maybe World War Z?

You can buy duty free drinks. No beer though. Just spirits and vodka really. I'm not entirely sure about that limit on drinks.

The new The Fast and The Furious 6 film. Brilliant movie so I've heard. Maybe World War Z?

I doubt i'll be downing vodka haha..

I'll check out fast 6 .. i doubt there;s a good copy of world war z yet ..

I doubt i'll be downing vodka haha..

I'll check out fast 6 .. i doubt there;s a good copy of world war z yet ..

Well you never know ;) haha

When are you heading off? If it's another week, you are bound to get a decent copy of it somewhere. Does the plane have free wifi you can use? If so, you can stream it on your iPad or laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Download all episodes of Aircrash Investigation. A must watch. Its amazing what can go wrong.

• Advertisement

Well you never know ;) haha

When are you heading off? If it's another week, you are bound to get a decent copy of it somewhere. Does the plane have free wifi you can use? If so, you can stream it on your iPad or laptop.

I'd rather not be going to my next flight tipsy :L haha

Going tomorrow at 6am.. to france .. then the 12 or more hours to malaysia ..then around 3 to philippines..

i can only hope it has wifi.. would a plane have places to plug in your stuff?

Download all episodes of Aircrash Investigation. A must watch. Its amazing what can go wrong.

I used to watch that show.. i stopped cuz it made me fear getting on planes .. i'd end up spending the whole flight looking around for people that may be terrorists

I'd rather not be going to my next flight tipsy :L haha

Going tomorrow at 6am.. to france .. then the 12 or more hours to malaysia ..then around 3 to philippines..

i can only hope it has wifi.. would a plane have places to plug in your stuff?

Oh well that's no good then. If you were stopping in Bangkok, life would've been better for you haha

Most long haul flights should have ports available. I assume you'd be flying with Air France or Air Malaysia?

Oh well that's no good then. If you were stopping in Bangkok, life would've been better for you haha

Most long haul flights should have ports available. I assume you'd be flying with Air France or Air Malaysia?

I honestly have no clue what planes i'm taking haha.. i assume it's one of those.. but hopefully there'll be wifi and somewhere to plug my laptop cuz my laptop only has like 5 hours of battery life .. and that's not even close to being enough

I still watch that. Used to watch it after school every day last year. Waiting for new episodes :p

Watching it on a flight can only make me feel better :eek:

One investigation solved = one less thing to go wrong :)

I honestly have no clue what planes i'm taking haha.. i assume it's one of those.. but hopefully there'll be wifi and somewhere to plug my laptop cuz my laptop only has like 5 hours of battery life .. and that's not even close to being enough

I'll check it out for you. Gimme a minute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

I bet its Aer Arann

If your flying with Air France, you will have no power unless you are sitting in Premium, Business or First. None available in Economy.

If flying with Malaysia Airlines, some planes have power ports but it's down to what plane is used for tomorrows flight.

I'd give it a massive power charge tonight. Don't use it in the airports at all and the connecting flight to France and you should be fine for using it on your 12hr flight

If your flying with Air France, you will have no power unless you are sitting in Premium, Business or First. None available in Economy.

If flying with Malaysia Airlines, some planes have power ports but it's down to what plane is used for tomorrows flight.

I'd give it a massive power charge tonight. Don't use it in the airports at all and the connecting flight to France and you should be fine for using it on your 12hr flight

Malaysia Airlines has been operating an A380 from Kuala Lumpur to Paris CDG for a few months now.

And Air France uses a 777-200 on the same route but there is no flight tomorrow.

So assuming your flight is from Paris to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow, it will be Cityjet(Air France's Irish subsidiary) or Aer Lingus to Paris CDG and then Malaysia Airlines A380 to Kuala Lumpur in which case you're home free :pac: ya lucky bastard Riga

Thanks for the advice lads .. much appreciated

• Advertisement

So assuming your flight is from Paris to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow, it will be Cityjet(Air France's Irish subsidiary) or Aer Lingus to Paris CDG and then Malaysia Airlines A380 to Kuala Lumpur in which case you're home free :pac: ya lucky bastard Riga

It is to kuala lumpur hehe .. i don't understand why i'm lucky haha

It is to kuala lumpur hehe .. i don't understand why i'm lucky haha

If you're going to do a 12 hour flight in economy class, there's no better aircraft to do it than an A380

If you're going to do a 12 hour flight in economy class, there's no better aircraft to do it than an A380

what's so special about it?

what's so special about it?

Wider seats, more legroom but that does depend on the airline, has power supply, USB port and it's feckin quiet

But make sure it is Paris to Kuala Lumpur with Malaysia Airlines

Wider seats, more legroom but that does depend on the airline, has power supply, USB port and it's feckin quiet

Let's hope i get that one then .. but the worst thing that could happen is that there's no wifi , no power supply, and the plane is full of crying kids

Let's hope i get that one then .. but the worst thing that could happen is that there's no wifi , no power supply, and the plane is full of crying kids

A phalange that is broken.........

A phalange that is broken.........

Oh lord we wouldn't want that to happen!

tumblr_lhbx0m6IWs1qbrrwmo1_500.png

I'll never forget that episode. Such a great show!

I'll never forget that episode. Such a great show!

luckily i have all seasons of it on my laptop and all the seasons of scrubs aswell (except the crappy last one) .. it shall entertain me for a long time

• Advertisement

Well it seems you are basically sorted for your trip! Enjoy the holidays

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement