Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Hurling dosen't exist in Cavan.

And I actually to kinda want to see them loose. Which I thoroughly expect them to do. Gatland has betrayed the Irish side of the Lions. O'Driscole is a hero of the game, our hero of the game and to throw him away like that is treason to Irish fans.

I have.

for more than one place?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Nope. Just for Galway. My fall back for Dublin is to stay with relatives for the first year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I booked accomm in Maynooth but I probably should book some in Cork too as it is my first choice...i doubt I'll get Cork though.
    Actually while we're on the subject, my first choice is a joint UCC/CIT degree, any idea what student accomm would be fairly in the middle of the two? :P

Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Galway.

I hope I get my 10th choice we can be roomies and everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

My top 5 choices are UL so I should probably book something soon :p

peekachoo wrote: »
    I hope I get my 10th choice we can be roomies and everything!
    Woooo. Me, you, Hugsie and woopah. Our first thing can be to torture woop until he tells me who he is.

Finally checked where Maynooth was on the map. It may as well be in Dublin. On a side note I was so bad at geography in primary school. I thought Kildare was where Wicklow was up to now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Have any of ye booked accommodation yet? or is it too early?

Booked mine in February :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Finally checked where Maynooth was on the map. It may as well be in Dublin.

Yeah I live in North Dublin and it's actually easier to get to Maynooth than UCD :pac:

We really need a university up here. I feel insulted that Connught is serviced by NUIG, Munster by UCC and Leinster by any number of them but for me to stay in Ulster I would need to got to University of Ulster in the North.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Did anyone book DCU acco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

My top 5 choices are UL so I should probably book something soon :p

what courses ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    cyahhhhh there :D

what have you down?

In the last 30 seconds I put the highest course as my first that I always wanted in UCD but put in TCD. why am i such a fool?

By accident or on purpose?

On Purpose but I'll never get it :/

Wait what exactly are you saying?

You did or didnt put the course you wanted as number 1 by accident or on purpose.

I always wanted to do Law and Buss in TCD but I put just Pure Law as number 1 since november and then in the last 30 seconds I put :Law and Bus first because im so ambitious. lool.

• Advertisement

So your telling me you put the course you truly wanted as number 1.

Yeah sorry for being confusing. Did anyone manage to get a job?

yournerd wrote: »
    I always wanted to do Law and Buss in TCD but I put just Pure Law as number 1 since november and then in the last 30 seconds I put :Law and Bus first because im so ambitious. lool.

What's wrong with that?

If you don't get it, fine. But now there's also a chance that you might get it. You got nothing to lose.

If you had put it down as second and you got your first one, you take it or leave it regardless of whether you had enough points for the second one, the one you really wanted to do.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    What's wrong with that?

If you don't get it, fine. But now there's also a chance that you might get it. You got nothing to lose.

If you had put it down as second and you got your first one, you take it or leave it regardless of whether you had enough points for the second one, the one you really wanted to do.

Lets hope nobody wanted it cause theres only about 30 places ;/

So youre telling me that come August whether you get the points for your top course or not you'll have no regrets of not putting what you wanted on your CAO. You wont go to college with the regret of not trying hanging over your head.

So youre telling me that come August whether you get the points for your top course or not you'll have no regrets of not putting what you wanted on your CAO

I'm happy with my CAO I just changed it in the last like 3 minutes its like a dream if i do get it :)

yournerd wrote: »
    Lets hope nobody wanted it cause theres only about 30 places ;/

Yes cos no matter what, there's still a chance you can get it. Your result could surprise you and you could get or even if you're 10 or 15 points short you could still get it.

You put down what you really wanted and that's exactly what you had to as opposed to putting down what you think you will get.

You were willing to give up on your dream course because the odds were against you?

You're lucky me or randy arnt there to slap you for pulling a move like that.

You were willing to give up on your dream course because the odds were against you?

brb changing identity haha :) I just want a law degree but i love business too :)

• Advertisement

Yup Randy has a shtick especially for people who do stupid things on their CAO :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement