Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If you have to ask, you definitely don't qualify! ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Come. Cork are House Lannister thinking their the the real republic, Dublin is kings landing.

Ireland is the easiest place ever to make into Westeros.

That's really good in theory but geographically it makes no sense lad :pac:

d0f20763821d3b08ec6bedefec88c9ff.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Your a Lannister through and through randy. A game of words with you. Us northmen are forward with our intentions.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    That's really good in theory but geographically it makes no sense lad :pac:

d0f20763821d3b08ec6bedefec88c9ff.png
    Looks more like Scotland tbh.
    Your a Lannister through and through randy. A game of words with you. Us northmen are forward with our intentions.
    At least I don't have a sister ... >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I considered putting down medicine for the lols to teach people that it dosent matter about the points its what you want regardless of points.

Would you have sat the hpat, and do you want to be a doc?

• Advertisement

Looks more like Scotland tbh.

At least I don't have a sister ... >_>

Aye I seen the Scotland part myself.

And cousins suffice.

j7kn.jpg

It's do-able.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

What ever about not starting BOD, can someone please explain to me how tuilagi on the bench instead of him?! Tuilagi is far from being lions material

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

We really need a university up here. I feel insulted that Connught is serviced by NUIG, Munster by UCC and Leinster by any number of them but for me to stay in Ulster I would need to got to University of Ulster in the North.

There is a University of Ulster in Ulster....

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Would you have sat the hpat, and do you want to be a doc?

Thats the lols part. I wouldnt have sat the HPAT and it would have shown that its not all about How attainable the top of the list is. You dont have to be a realist when it comes to the CAO.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    There is a University of Ulster in Ulster....
    I would need to got to University of Ulster in the North.

Literally mentioned in that post. That a British college. Thats UCAS. I'd end up in Colraine or Belfast paying British fees.
    There is no Irish college. The closest is Letterkenny IT then you go lower to Cavan Institute and Monaghan IT.

• Advertisement

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    What ever about not starting BOD, can someone please explain to me how tuilagi on the bench instead of him?! Tuilagi is far from being lions material

Actually I'd put Tuilagi ahead of Davies

Tuilagi isnt behind Lions material. He's a bloody monster. I'd say that he's used to demolish houses in Samoa.

There is no Irish college. The closest is Letterkenny IT then you go lower to Cavan Institute and Monaghan IT.

It's all down to population guys. There's like 300,000 people in Southern Ulster as opposed to 2,500,000 in Leinster.

It kinda works out at about 1 university per 600,000 people..There's 4 in Leinster with 2.5m people. 2 in Munster with 1.2m people and 1 in Connacht with 550,000 people.

But that's just statistics and it's not how people go to colleges haha. You'll have people from the midlands in Leinster going to Galway and people from all over coming to Dublin etc.

But the idea of NUI is to have a national college to service all areas of the country. And you would get students from the North too just as they get them from the Republic.

I dont know if youve ever tried to get a bus from Cavan or Ulster in general to Galway but its not fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Tuilagi isnt behind Lions material. He's a bloody monster. I'd say that he's used to demolish houses in Samoa.

Suppose I exaggerated abit there haha but he's not a patch on BOD, IMO Davies is the problem in the centres, from what I've seen of the matches

BOD is a legend of the game. Comparisons are generally a bad idea.

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Suppose I exaggerated abit there haha but he's not a patch on BOD, IMO Davies is the problem in the centres, from what I've seen of the matches

Chuck Davies out, give BOD his jersey back and leave Tuilagi on the bench. Now that's a good centre.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lads have any of ye ever had difficulty applying for an agecard? After 2 pages it keeps coming up error for me and at no point has it asked me for the voucher number or anything..
    Its REALLYYYYY bugging me! I just wanted to get it sent away and dealt with

Trouble is, we have far too many colleges already for our population density.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Lads have any of ye ever had difficulty applying for an agecard? After 2 pages it keeps coming up error for me and at no point has it asked me for the voucher number or anything..
    Its REALLYYYYY bugging me! I just wanted to get it sent away and dealt with

What browser are you using?

• Advertisement

What browser are you using?

I have used chrome, firefox and whatever an ipad mini uses :(

deise_girl wrote: »
    I have used chrome, firefox and whatever an ipad mini uses :(

Any specific errors? Codes? At what particular stage or is it random?

Any specific errors? Codes? At what particular stage or is it random?

Well when I did it on the mini it actually said it was due to maintenance but it hadnt when using the computer.
    Ermm its always after the 2nd page the one where you review your details and type in the security code, then when you click to proceed to the next page you cant..
    Should I at this stage have been able to input my voucher number? Coz I havnt been able to do that in any of my tries

Give it a whack on Internet Explorer. That website dosent seem the most modern lets say.

Give it a whack on Internet Explorer. That website dosent seem the most modern lets say.

No avail bruv, got the site maintenance notice this time though, if it doesnt work by tomorrow though theres going to be so whinging done
    "An Error Occurred

This section of the site is currently down for maintainence. Please try again later."

They didnt even spell maintenance right did they??

Trouble is, we have far too many colleges already for our population density.

Yup

The population is growing but it'll be decades before we need more third level institutions. The likes of DCU is brand new in terms of university years. TCD started in the 16th century :eek:

All the ITs are new too, 1970-95.

DIT will probably relocate to Grangegorman, offer PhDs and fill whatever criteria to become a university before anything pops up elsewhere in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Ok this is properly another stupid cao question (sorry Randy :P) but when first round offers are given out and lets say you get your third choice but your hoping to get your first choice in the second round do you accept the third choice or not? :confused:

Well I'll hazard a guess that its down for maintainance. Couldnt handle your awesomeness.

And I think they did.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Yeah I live in North Dublin and it's actually easier to get to Maynooth than UCD :pac:

UCD is a nightmare to get to! I was out there for an Irish lecture one day and had to get a bus at 7:30 for a 9:00 lecture.

• Advertisement

Well I'll hazard a guess that its down for maintainance. Couldnt handle your awesomeness.

And I think they did.

I wish I didnt have this effect on living and inanimate objects :(
    Everything would just be so fantastic if it did as I pleased <.<

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement