Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

UCD is a nightmare to get to! I was out there for an Irish lecture one day and had to get a bus at 7:30 for a 9:00 lecture.

Yeah it's horrible at rush hour for us cos we've to get a bus into town and then another out from town.

I remember going to the open day, it took like an hour to get there at 11 but that was with no traffic at all! :eek:

NUIM on the other hand..get a bus down to Broombridge and train from there

Edit: What have I said :eek: I love my life too much to go to Broombridge station. I'll walk to Drumcondra..

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Yeah it's horrible at rush hour for us cos we've to get a bus into town and then another out from town.

I remember going to the open day, it took like an hour to get there at 11 but that was with no traffic at all! :eek:

NUIM on the other hand..get a bus down to Broombridge and train from there

Edit: What have I said :eek: I love my life too much to go to Broombridge station. I'll walk to Drumcondra..

Yeah I'd get the 13 to Drumcondra and the Dart then to NUIM; had to do that to go to a party last week :)
    It's unfortunate that my only Maynooth course on the CAO is like 6th but 4th and 5th are UCD. I don't know how I would cope with that commute. Also, the 11 brings you all the way to UCD does it not? Only one bus?

Also, the 11 brings you all the way to UCD does it not? Only one bus?

Yeah but it starts near DCU. One bus for you Ballymun/Glasnevin people :pac:

We'd have to get the 9 to Ballymun Road and get on the 11 from there.

Yeah but it starts near DCU. One bus for you Ballymun/Glasnevin people :pac:

We'd have to get the 9 to Ballymun Road and get on the 11 from there.

You make it sound like it's agesss away :P I'd rather walk to DCU than get two buses to UCD.

I was just discussing this today actually but are you like me that you don't want to go to DCU because you've grown up with it so close that it wouldn't even feel like going to college? :P It's not even on my CAO! :pac:

You make it sound like it's agesss away :P I'd rather walk to DCU than get two buses to UCD.

I was just discussing this today actually but are you like me that you don't want to go to DCU because you've grown up with it so close that it wouldn't even feel like going to college? :P It's not even on my CAO! :pac:

I'm actually a 5th year ;)

But yeah it's exactly like that..DCU feels..well it doesn't feel different.

I mean I've been there on 2 shadowing days, 2 open days and other stuff I don't even remember. I know my way around that place too well so it just feels like..ugh it's hard to explain :o At first I was like "Sweet, I'm just a 5 min bus ride away from DCU" but the more I lived here..the more the novelty of it wore off.

• Advertisement

I'm actually a 5th year ;)

But yeah it's exactly like that..DCU feels..well it doesn't feel different.

I mean I've been there on 2 shadowing days, 2 open days and other stuff I don't even remember. I know my way around that place too well so it just feels like..ugh it's hard to explain :o At first I was like "Sweet, I'm just a 5 min bus ride away from DCU" but the more I lived here..the more the novelty of it wore off.

Same! We wouldn't have even noticed if we walked past each other. I have an odd feeling that we're in the same school to be honest :P The only course I would consider doing there is the Science Education course.

Same! We wouldn't have even noticed if we walked past each other. I have an odd feeling that we're in the same school to be honest :P The only course I would consider doing there is the Science Education course.

I didn't go to school in Finglas or Ballymun

I'm guessing you went to Trinity Comprehensive?

I'm not sure if there were any 6th years from Ballymun in my school this year..hmm..

I didn't go to school in Finglas or Ballymun

I'm guessing you went to Trinity Comprehensive?

I'm not sure if there were any 6th years from Ballymun in my school this year..hmm..

Nah, Kevin's in Ballygall :) If you went to Belvo, I know a guy who went there.

Nah, Kevin's in Ballygall :) If you went to Belvo, I know a guy who went there.

I know a guy who went to Kevin's..talking to him right now actually :eek:

Were you on the Student Council by any chance?

I know a guy who went to Kevin's..talking to him right now actually :eek:

Were you on the Student Council by any chance?

Well you're not talking to me anyway :P

I was for a while.... I quit so that I could focus on study more. I have a feeling you know who I am now or something :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ok this is properly another stupid cao question (sorry Randy :P) but when first round offers are given out and lets say you get your third choice but your hoping to get your first choice in the second round do you accept the third choice or not? :confused:
    You can do either, you will still be offered any higher choice which you become entitled to in the second round.

However, if you don't accept your third choice and you are offered nothing in later rounds, you won't have any options at all ... which is fine if your decision is that you don't want your third choice under any circumstances, but not such a good idea otherwise.

From the CAO sticky at the top of the forum (which I know you've read!) ...
    Later offers for higher preference

If you are being offered a place in a course which is not your first preference, you may subsequently be offered a place in a course of higher preference if such a place becomes available.

This applies whether or not the earlier offer has been accepted. It is NOT necessary to accept an offer in order to be considered for a higher preference if it becomes available later. There is no guarantee, of course, that a higher preference will become available.

Non-acceptance of subsequent offers

Having accepted an offer of a place, you are not obliged to accept a subsequent offer. You may retain the original offer simply by ignoring the subsequent one.[/I]

Well you're not talking to me anyway :P

I was for a while.... I quit so that I could focus on study more. I have a feeling you know who I am now or something :P

No I'm definitely not talking to you haha

No I don't know who you are haha :o

I think you do know my friend in Kevin's though

Edit: Definitely do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

This is how I see this whole converstion going.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

This is how I see this whole converstion going.
    The yaaaaaay gets me everytime :pac:

Reminds me of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Having the craic on cleverbot.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

went out for an hours run to get back into the swing of things with the debs coming up and whatnot.
    in the hour I was gone I ran past THREE drug deals! Three! :pac:

peekachoo wrote: »
    went out for an hours run to get back into the swing of things with the debs coming up and whatnot.

Do you live in Ballymun too?

Pharmacies and Chemists dont count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Do you live in Ballymun too?

unfortunately not. See it's expected in Dublin, Tipperary is turning into the biggest drug hole ever (and no it wasn't chemists ;) )

• Advertisement

unfortunately not. See it's expected in Dublin, Tipperary is turning into the biggest drug hole ever (and no it wasn't chemists ;) )

Fixed it :)

We dont get much drugs. What we do have however is a brothel over the Gamestop in the town that is common knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Just sent off my grant application. Does anyone know when I'll hear from them on whether if I got it or not? Or when do they begin processing the applications?

We dont get much drugs. What we do have however is a brothel over the Gamestop in the town that is common knowledge.
    So lots of guys calling in to get their joystick serviced, then?

Seriously, do you just make these up as you go along?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Dunno if I should put down TCD or UCD first... Really bugging me.. and less than a month to decide!! :eek:

Seriously, do you just make these up as you go along?? :p
    Pretty much! :p

Prod, stop trolling! :p

Yea. The most surprising people. Like <edit> was in getting his piece serviced...

Prodigious wrote: »
    Dunno if I should put down TCD or UCD first... Really bugging me.. and less than a month to decide!! :eek:

What course is it anyway?
    Yea. The most surprising people. Like <edit> was in getting his piece serviced...

You know most of what they give you is pre-owned over and over..It's disgusting

• Advertisement

Let's not specify identifiable local people, even in jest :p

For all you know, his kids could be reading the forum and be very offended! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement