Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Was just outside there for a few mins. It's stopped raining and the thunder seems to have stopped aswell, but there's still flashes of lightening goin

sky is bright purple here lightning erryware :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    It's..everything really

The midnight report said a 12 knot wind but it was definitely stronger a few mins ago. Now I don't think there is any wind..

Jaysus what's he doin :D

At least his flight path isn't in a shape of a cock :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Ah it turns out he went into a hold.

Shannon can't fuel any flights that divert from Dublin cos apparently there's nobody there, Cork has cumulonimbus clouds in sight and Dublin ATC just became the most popular feed. Looks like my night time entertainment is sorted :cool:

This **** just got exciting :D

I know...

I take it your into aeronautics :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

jamo2oo9 wrote: »

Haha I laughed so hard when I saw that

This aircraft had a very interesting call sign few years ago :rolleyes:

bollocks_by_aerodog-d57ytm4.jpg

Hahahahaha brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

That flight path looked like my flight path in the 747 in San Andreas. Is that where he trained?

peekachoo wrote: »

Yere probably getting the weather I had earlier.

Ah it turns out he went into a hold.

Shannon can't fuel any flights that divert from Dublin cos apparently there's nobody there, Cork has cumulonimbus clouds in sight and Dublin ATC just became the most popular feed. Looks like my night time entertainment is sorted :cool:

This **** just got exciting :D

I know...

Have they not thought about Belfast or Manchester. EI and RY both serve so fuel and customer service wouldn't be an issue unless there's thunder and lightening over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

peekachoo wrote: »

Sky is orange over here :P the lightning seems to have died down a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

At first I thought you menat the (stone) walls on coolnamuck road :pac:
    :p

I wrote it, thought of that, and said "nah, he surely knows his locality better than that!" :p
    You must be local enough if your reading up on that. Or else just hugely into history
    Well, I was marking it, so I kinda had to! I guess that fits more into the second category though. :p

Have they not thought about Belfast or Manchester. EI and RY both serve so fuel and customer service wouldn't be an issue unless there's thunder and lightening over there

Yeah it was either Belfast, Prestwick or Manchester. The Ryanair just landed, Shamrock 565 finally approaching now..

Haha I laughed so hard when I saw that

This aircraft had a very interesting call sign few years ago :rolleyes:

bollocks_by_aerodog-d57ytm4.jpg

Gortnahoe?! The biggest legend of a teacher in our school was from there :D

That flight path looked like my flight path in the 747 in San Andreas. Is that where he trained?

Corvo, don't embarrass yourself you silly :rolleyes: that wasn't a 747 in SA unless you have a mod. That's a 737 like Ryanair :)

This is the blackest night ive seen since the winter months. Cant see anything outside the window.

I take it your into aeronautics :pac:

How d'ya know :pac:

• Advertisement

:p

I wrote it, thought of that, and said "nah, he surely knows his locality better than that!" :p

Well, I was marking it, so I kinda had to! I guess that fits more into the second category though. :p

Probably someone local to me paper your correcting?

I didn't do history for LC so it wasn't me.

This is the blackest night ive seen since the winter months. Cant see anything outside the window.
    Well at least you're inside the window looking out.

Kinda unusual for you at this hour ... ;)

Yeah it was either Belfast, Prestwick or Manchester. The Ryanair just landed, Shamrock 565 finally approaching now..

I assume that's the last scheduled arrival for tonight yeah? How did departures go?

Probably someone local to me paper your correcting?

I didn't do history for LC so it wasn't me.
    Wasn't LC.

And yep, someone reasonably local originally from what I know of her, though would be moved on and settled and married with a family elsewhere now.

Nah there's a Ryanair on approach from Warsaw.

• Advertisement

I assume that's the last scheduled arrival for tonight yeah? How did departures go?

One more Ryanair from Warsaw coming in

There weren't many, a 737 and a 757 departed like 30 mins ago and that's it for the night I think.

decisions wrote: »
    Nah there's a Ryanair on approach from Warsaw.

And that's it? Well at least the controllers have nothing else to worry about now.

Jaysus Nim, are you a younger version of me or something?

Where'd your intrest in aeronautics come from? I don't know too many others interested.

Will we reach the 6,000 th post tonight ? :cool:

One more Ryanair from Warsaw coming in

There weren't many, a 737 and a 757 departed like 30 mins ago and that's it for the night I think.

Sounds good to me. Will be interesting to see what the weather will be like tomorrow morning during rush hour

Jaysus Nim, are you a younger version of me or something?

Maybe :p younger and male

Haha you'd be surprised how many times I've heard that :pac:

Will we reach the 6,000 th post tonight ? :cool:

75 posts to go. Definitely!

+ male

Haha you'd be surprised how many times I've heard that :pac:

You are definitely a die hard aviation enthusiast! What course are looking to get?

You are definitely a die hard aviation enthusiast! What course are looking to get?

Theoretical physics or astrophysics

And keep applying for Aer Lingus and Air Corps cadetship every year. if I get in, drop out :cool:

God ye get talking about aviation and I begin wondering how the Parthenon was built illustrating with a bunch of 50 cents.

Where did I get that?

• Advertisement

Where'd your intrest in aeronautics come from? I don't know too many others interested.

I don't know to be honest..first I was interested in military so I guess it just spurred on from there.

Then I did work experience in the Air Corps during TY..I was doomed from then, really :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just read over the last few pages I missed.

LOL

EDIT: I love the attention to detail. Yes it was O'Keeffes, yes it was an orange dress, yes it is a sh!thole.
    That moment will go down in LC forum history :pac:

Theoretical physics or astrophysics

And keep applying for Aer Lingus and Air Corps cadetship every year. if I get in, drop out :cool:

Interesting. Do those lead you into the aviation sector. Astrophysics would obviously bring you to NASA, EASA and other space agencies but what jobs would you get with theoretical physics?

I'm not gonna bother with cadetship yet. Just want to get my degree and once I have graduated, I'll start applying for it during my masters year. Not bothered with Air Corps as you have to be committed to them for a long time and the fleet is not impressive even for a neutral country imo

Air Corps
    Long wait to fly their 1 plane.

The Army Cadets is where its at. Try for a tour of Duty with UNIFIL.

LOL

I hate that "word"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Why is there no thunder and lightening here :(

I hate that "word"

Technically it's not a word. It's an abbreviation but its fun to use as a troll on sluts on Facebook haha

Why is there no thunder and lightening here :(

None in North Louth at all :(

Technically it's not a word. It's an abbreviation but its fun to use as a troll on sluts on Facebook haha

Hence, why I put the word, word inside of these yokes " " :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

None in North Louth at all :(

nor longford :(

nor longford :(

But at least we get all of the snow in winter. Well at least Louth does :P Cork rarely ever get a snow storm like we did in 2010. That was one epic winter :rolleyes:

I don't know to be honest..first I was interested in military so I guess it just spurred on from there.

Then I did work experience in the Air Corps during TY..I was doomed from then, really :p

I applied for that work experience but I didn't get it. I've always been fascinated with planes, when I was little in the evenings I'd watch them out my window. My uncle was an air traffic controller and when I was 10ish he took me in to work one day and since then I've been hooked.

And I also have an interest in the military, part of me still wants to join the cadets after my degree. Or go to the UK and join up over there.

Interesting. Do those lead you into the aviation sector. Astrophysics would obviously bring you to NASA, EASA and other space agencies but what jobs would you get with theoretical physics?

I'm not gonna bother with cadetship yet. Just want to get my degree and once I have graduated, I'll start applying for it during my masters year. Not bothered with Air Corps as you have to be committed to them for a long time and the fleet is not impressive even for a neutral country imo

I'd be lucky to get a research position after Theoretical to be honest..

I agree, you have to stay with them for a minimum of 10 or 12 years and you still have to spend tens of thousands of euro switching to airlines if you do. The fleet really is disappointing..the best you can do is ferry An Taoiseach around or Maritime Patrol.

I'd prefer Aer Lingus cadetship..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Did something happen between Peech and ManUnited ?

This is the moment where it all started...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85186855#post85186855

Yes I did go looking, I'm bored don't judge me.

I applied for that work experience but I didn't get it. I've always been fascinated with planes, when I was little in the evenings I'd watch them out my window. My uncle was an air traffic controller and when I was 10ish he took me in to work one day and since then I've been hooked.

And I also have an interest in the military, part of me still wants to join the cadets after my degree.

If you still want to get some work experience in aviation, try Simtech. I did mine in there for LCVP w/e. got to fly on their motion Avro, ATR and the B737 decks. The team are really nice and will help you out a lot.

• Advertisement

But at least we get all of the snow in winter. Well at least Louth does :P Cork rarely ever get a snow storm like we did in 2010. That was one epic winter :rolleyes:

We had at least 6 inches of snow around my house in 2010. Had about a foot of snow in the top fields.

Louth and Longford are both small counties so its not surprising there's not many on here from there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

We had at least 6 inches of snow around my house in 2010. Had about a foot of snow in the top fields.

Louth and Longford are both small counties so its not surprising there's not many on here from there :pac:

longfords a great aul place.

If you still want to get some work experience in aviation, try Simtech. I did mine in there for LCVP w/e. got to fly on their motion Avro, ATR and the B737 decks. The team are really nice and will help you out a lot.

I'll look into it thanks.

I'd be lucky to get a research position after Theoretical to be honest..

I agree, you have to stay with them for a minimum of 10 or 12 years and you still have to spend tens of thousands of euro switching to airlines if you do. The fleet really is disappointing..the best you can do is ferry An Taoiseach around or Maritime Patrol.

I'd prefer Aer Lingus cadetship..

You know you can try to join the RAF if you're from UK or your parents are British. Wish there wasn't a citizenship restriction on cadets looking to join foreign air forces. USAF would be a really interesting experience and same for the French too.

The military is fierce interesting.

The gurillas of Philip O' Reily, the 36th Ulster and the 27th Inniskilling makes me very patriotic for Ulster.

Do you know that the French Foreign Legion is basically the Black Watch?
    You can join with a fake name and after your tour of duty you have a new alias

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement