Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

This sums up my face during that experience pretty nicely.

jh20.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm not even going to waste my breath on pointing the flaws in her statements.

Hopefully nobody here actually agrees with what she said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    The hosts should've said that every female called Kate is a perfectionist little bitch

And Katie is a name that you will find spans across every class, whether it be upper, middle, working and lower class! What about when her kids come home and say I'm friends with Ben, Rachel, Lucy, Karen, Lisa, Laura, etc,

Apparently 9% of people do. Personally the idea never crossed my mind but England is a lot more class focused.

Her children are going to get destroyed in school after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I'm not even going to waste my breath on pointing the flaws in her statements.

Hopefully nobody here actually agrees with what she said.

Wouldn't think so. If there is, they can be subject to serious insulting about their username and email address

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Holly Wiloughby is actually stunning and yea she does seem pleasant too.
    I dont know why I dont watch more ITV, I love Philips voice and I love Stephen Mulhurn.
    Something better to have realised at the start of the summer than the end I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Apparently 9% of people do. Personally the idea never crossed my mind but England is a lot more class focused.

From reading AH there seems to be a "class" thing in Ireland that I never new existed. Maybe it's a Dublin thing?

Her children are going to get destroyed in school after that.

I really doubt it, they won't be going to a normal school.

From reading AH there seems to be a "class" thing in Ireland that I never new existed. Maybe it's a Dublin thing?

I really doubt it, they won't be going to a normal school.

Well they'll get destroyed when passing the public school.

And its really not that pronounced in Ireland. Its there but its not very severe.

Maybe it's a Dublin thing?

Well there's a whole Northside vs Southside thing where the Northside is mostly working class and Southside tends to be seen as a lil posh. Accents are completely different too.

Normal people don't really care about it too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

my favourite part was
    "I don't like children who are called after locations, like Brooklyn, London..."
    "Your daughter is called India!!"
    (queue Schofield try not to piss himself laughing)
    "Yes, well it's a lovely name for a lovely girl"

What a f!cking idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Oh, I know it more common in GB. It's just something I never really knew existed over here until I saw certain things across this site. As Nimrod said though, most people don't care about it.

Oh, I know it more common in GB. It's just something I never really knew existed over here until I saw certain things across this site. As Nimrod said though, most people don't care about it.

I think its massive over here, people alway want to know surnames and "what do their parents do" around where I live (I'm talking about a region) tell me your company and I'll tell you who you are stuff-A certain surname means they're settled travellers, another means they're related to the drug dealer, another menas that family lives in a poor area full of crime, another means they're scum of the earth, etc,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I think its massive over here, people alway want to know surnames and "what do their parents do" around where I live (I'm talking about a region) tell me your company and I'll tell you who you are stuff-A certain surname means they're settled travellers, another means they're related to the drug dealer, another menas that family lives in a poor area full of crime, another means they're scum of the earth, etc,

I've never come across someone who'd judge me like that. I live in the countryside, approx 30mins to the nearest town. Everyone here would know you by your nanny or granddad's name. It would be big in large towns like Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway but certainly not in the countryside and small towns/communities.

The only situation I've ever seen like that is between settled folk and traveller folk. And even that isn't as strong as it used to be!

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I've never come across someone who'd judge me like that. I live in the countryside, approx 30mins to the nearest town. Everyone here would know you by your nanny or granddad's name. It would be big in large towns like Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway but certainly not in the countryside and small towns/communities.

I live in the country side (one of the most isolated places in the country actually) but I go to school in the town, and my relatives ar always scoming out with that sh!te and they also live in the country side and my aunt who lives in the suburbs of a town

peekachoo wrote: »
    The only situation I've ever seen like that is between settled folk and traveller folk. And even that isn't as strong as it used to be!

Okay that's big in Dublin

But Dublin travellers are completely different to countryside travellers

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Okay that's big in Dublin

But Dublin travellers are completely different to countryside travellers

well I don't live in the country, but I guess I don't live in a city either :P
    Anyway I went to primary with two traveller girls who I was good friends with but yet everyone else was not as friendly. Funny thing is they were nicer than most of the other girls, ah class systems... :pac:

In all fairness if your family is clearly associated with shady doings thats not class thats reputation.

Like If I was to say I'm a Dundon in Limerick I would expect to be received a little bit hostily.

Janowicz is an absolute monster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Roof closed. #BlameGatland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Janowicz is an absolute monster!

wouldnt want to get on his bad side on a night out anyway:pac:

wouldnt want to get on his bad side on a night out anyway:pac:

6ft 8! I thought I was tall but he is a half foot taller than me! I'd say even his good side is a little nasty :P

6ft 8! I thought I was tall but he is a half foot taller than me! I'd say even his good side is a little nasty :P

Is this sports, again? :(

I really hope he pulls through and win though. I really really dislike Murray. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

the umpire would want to watch himself if he loses :P

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Is this sports, again? :(

Unfortunately Hugsie :P But it's Tennis! Surely you enjoy Tennis? :)
    peekachoo wrote: »
    I really hope he pulls through and win though. I really really dislike Murray. :(

I really dislike Janowicz! I don't think he's a good sportsman at all :o

(Randy, if you wanna merge these posts I'm on my phone and this is getting messy)

Unfortunately Hugsie :P But it's Tennis! Surely you enjoy Tennis? :)

Not as much as the Sims,see yee later :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Djokovic :):):) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

(Randy, if you wanna merge these posts I'm on my phone and this is getting messy)
    Ach, I know it happens ... why I tend to just tidy up without giving out unless someone is doing the dog on it! ;)

• Advertisement

I think I just hate Murray because of the olympics match with Federer. I just love Feds :(

Oh, and the fact that Murray resembles a turkey :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement