Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

The physics in that game are pure bonkers. All over the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

never played it, might get it if im goin away to college to help stop the home sickness:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Sure it will help them greatly to get into Panto when they retire.. :p
    Wait, isn't that what they're doing now? :confused:
    No other sport has been at it's best in our lifetime. :cool:
    I was about to argue with you, and then realised I just didn't care enough! :pac:
    We missed out on Italia 90
    I didn't.

It really was a remarkable atmosphere in the country, nearly everyone got caught up in it at some level. Grannies who 6 months before wouldn't have known a soccer ball from a sliotar screaming at the tv set "G'wan McGrath!! ... Stevie, if you score it, ya can marry me grand-daughter!" People streaming out in town and city centres and screaming and waving flags after a match, and the guards just grinning. People borrowed money and even sold cars to head abroad and join the party.

Daniel7740 wrote: »

Well the industry is running out of ideas clearly :P
    Wait, isn't that what they're doing now? :confused:

Maybe with an acting coach they may be in some way decent! :P I've been acting a few years, sure I'll give it a bash at training them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

It really was a remarkable atmosphere in the country, nearly everyone got caught up in it at some level. Grannies who 6 months before wouldn't have known a soccer ball from a sliotar screaming at the tv set "G'wan McGrath!! ... Stevie, if you score it, ya can marry me grand-daughter!" People streaming out in town and city centres and screaming and waving flags after a match, and the guards just grinning. People borrowed money and even sold cars to head abroad and join the party.

Like I actually care for the sport. While I get behind Ireland at every chance it's not the soccer I would have want to have been around for .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Nothing worse than fair weather fans. :pac:
    Like I actually care for the sport. While I get behind Ireland at every chance it's not the soccer I would have want to have been around for .

In fairness, Ireland have never really been known for their flair. They played a defensive game in the nineties too. They didn't win a single game in normal time. Scored only two goals as well during the whole competition.

Well the industry is running out of ideas clearly :P

Maybe with an acting coach they may be in some way decent! :P I've been acting a few years, sure I'll give it a bash at training them!

tis on pc with years i think

Nothing worse than fair weather fans. :pac:
    Generally, I'd agree with you.

This was different though, it was like there was a (benevolent) virus introduced into the Irish psyche.

I think it was partly to do with the fact that Ireland was finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel after the last major recession. And suddenly we got a shot in the arm of confidence, and something to celebrate. Ireland was being hailed as heroes across Europe (the supporters as much or more than the team ... at a time when football hooliganism was rife among the "fans" of several countries, the Irish supporters partied and sang and made friends everywhere they went). And it lifted the spirits of the whole country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Magna Carta Holy Grail <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Generally, I'd agree with you.

This was different though, it was like there was a (benevolent) virus introduced into the Irish psyche.

I think it was partly to do with the fact that Ireland was finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel after the last major recession. And suddenly we got a shot in the arm of confidence, and something to celebrate. Ireland was being hailed as heroes across Europe (the supporters as much or more than the team ... at a time when football hooliganism was rife among the "fans" of several countries, the Irish supporters partied and sang and made friends everywhere they went). And it lifted the spirits of the whole country.

Sounds like a great atmosphere all right, I'd love to hear your opinion on my earlier comment, the one you didn't care enough to argue about. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I think we need another Italia 90, the country needs to cheer the **** up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Soccer is a lovely game which has been hijacked by a generation of over-paid and spoilt-rotten prima donnas whose primary strategy is to fall over their opponents feet, roll around in "agony" and claim a free kick.

Im sorry but this view really annoys me :P
    Couldn't disagree more.

decisions wrote: »

We nearly did with the previous rugby World Cup. That was there for the taking

Id watch, in order of preference:
    Rugby
    F1
    Football
    Indy
    AFL
    Hurling
    MotoGP
    And Cycling (le TdF, vuelta, Giro ect) before I'd watch a 90 min game of soccer.

We nearly did with the previous rugby World Cup. That was there for the taking
    But rugby doesn't capture the imagination of the masses like soccer does.

Sounds like a great atmosphere all right, I'd love to hear your opinion on my earlier comment, the one you didn't care enough to argue about. :pac:
    Nah, this is the LC OT thread, not the soccer thread, and besides I really CBA getting into that particular argument with anyone again.
    Im sorry but this view really annoys me :P
    Couldn't disagree more.
    No need to apologise, you're as entitled to your opinion as I am! ;)
    Absolutely. Might lift spirits a bit after the death and protracted funeral of the Diseased Celtic Kitten! :)

MotoGP? Seriously?

MotoGP? Seriously?

Yep, it's grown on my over the last year or so. I think in going to try follow it properly next year.

Id watch, in order of preference:
    Rugby
    F1
    Football
    Indy
    AFL
    Hurling
    MotoGP
    And Cycling (le TdF, vuelta, Giro ect) before I'd watch a 90 min game of soccer.

What about rally?!

Wait, do I remember seeing in previous posts that your a woman?

What about rally?!

Wait, do I remember seeing in previous posts that your a woman?

It's mental, but I wouldn't see a lot of it on TV.

And yes I'm a chick who loves sport :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

We're bidding for RWC 2023..that should be good :)

Jaysus. Each to their own I guess! :pac:

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    We're bidding for RWC 2023..that should be good :)

Are we actually? Was that not a load of meetings just to see if the GAA would come onboard with any feasible plan?

It's mental, but I wouldn't see a lot of it on TV.

And yes I'm a chick who loves sport :cool:

What ever about a chick who loves sport, a chick who likes Motorsport ?!

Marry me?

Are we actually? Was that not a load of meetings just to see if the GAA would come onboard with any feasible plan?

They did though didn't they?

Did they not agree to let IRFU use some GAA stadia to host a RWC? I forgot now, we haven't heard much for a few months..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any 20/20 cricket fans?

I'll watch pretty much any sport, as long as it doesn't involve an engine :pac:

F1, MotoGP, Indy etc all bore me to tears!

Any 20/20 cricket fans?

On this forum or in the world?

Any 20/20 cricket fans?

Fan? No

But I know cricket, my dad watches pretty much all the matches. I know it very well..I just don't like it

• Advertisement

What ever about a chick who loves sport, a chick who likes Motorsport ?!

Marry me?

We'll see ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement