Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Walking through town on Friday (cattle mart day) is like being in a foreign country! Jesus I don't even think we have accents in Tipp but I still don't understand the ridiculously thick accents of the farmers :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Near the town we tend not to have as deep a Cavan accent. Some people though. God knows what their saying at times.

Aren't you a farmer, regardless of location, all Cavan farmers have the same accent, you're included I'm afraid :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Near the town we tend not to have as deep a Cavan accent. Some people though. God knows what their saying at times.

I seem to be able to understand every accent from Ireland but just can't understand foreigners. Not being racist btw I just can't understand what there saying :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

decisions wrote: »
    Thankfully the sexy beast that is Tommy Bowe stepped in.

On the contrary..the Tullow Tank took over from Bowe ;)
    Daniel7740 wrote: »
    A brand new massey haha

Haha I see. I'd love to own a tractor..but none of that farming crap. If I get rich I'll just buy a farm and drive around in a tractor all day :pac:

peekachoo wrote: »
    Walking through town on Friday (cattle mart day) is like being in a foreign country! Jesus I don't even think we have accents in Tipp but I still don't understand the ridiculously thick accents of the farmers :P

Aye, us farmers do have our own way of talking

• Advertisement

I seem to be able to understand every accent from Ireland but just can't understand foreigners. Not being racist btw I just can't understand what there saying :P

Bring it B!TCH

:P

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    On the contrary..the Tullow Tank took over from Bowe ;)

Haha I see. I'd love to own a tractor..but none of that farming crap. If I get rich I'll just buy a farm and drive around in a tractor all day.

We have 3 tractors ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

This is the part of rugby banter with women that I really can't join in with haha

You could always embrace your gay side :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Aye, us farmers do have our own way of talking

ah jays ya ya shur jays shur twas awful hard gettin da fekin hef in ya ya i tell ya now jays...*incomprehensible mumble*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Ah well sure now we have a way of spaken that tis a bit different sure.

I dont though. I'm an outcast :(

• Advertisement

ah jays ya ya shur jays shur twas awful hard gettin da fekin hef in ya ya i tell ya now jays...*incomprehensible mumble*

This, THIS!
    How is she cutting-Howre she cudin

You could always embrace your gay side :P

I don't have a gay side. Is there any gay farmers I wonder seen as alot of farmers i know are fairly homophobic haha

Leave us furriners out of this! :P

Also, I'll have you know that my accent is perfectly understandable!

I don't have a gay side. Is there any gay farmers I wonder seen as alot of farmers i know are fairly homophobic haha

Homophobia is only a mask for being gay-Do you not watch glee?!

Alot more swearing added in though haha

Dem feckin gays and their way. wouldnt be part of any of that mess ah jaysus no. tis naht right waht dey be up ta atall

I have your back Nimrod! Hold my flower!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Homophobia is only a mask for being gay-Do you not watch glee?!

I don't think the farmers would be big on watching Glee tbh.

It's just when your in a shop and its a forneigr working there and they ask ya a question and I just can't understand what they say, leads to alot of awkward nodding of the head, smiling and saying yeah haha

I don't think the farmers would be big on watching Glee tbh.

I don't think I've ever been in the same room as a tv with glee on it tbh, I've seen the adds and it looks fairly quare imo haha

• Advertisement

Dem feckin gays and their way. wouldnt be part of any of that mess ah jaysus no. tis naht right waht dey be up ta atall

Bet your racist too

Those Blackies do be comin' hare and shtaeling our jawbs,l by jaysus shur didn I go to d ospidal d uder day and by shur jaysus dere wasn an Irish doqter in shight, ah shur this eccomomy does be fallin apar for a rayson

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Bet your racist too

Those Blackies do be comin' hare and shtealing our jawbs,l by jaysus shur didn I go to d ospidal d uder day and by shur jaysus dere wasn an Irish doqter in shight, ah shur this eccomomy does be fallin apar for a rayson

There is no one as racist as the grandparents generation. It's actually unbelievable to listen to them haha

da taesech need ta git hiz feckin act tagather an sort this hames of a country aut

Oh God the grandparent generation seem all feeble and innocent in their old age but in them is a klan member waiting to get out.

I can do nothing but laugh at the stuff they come out with

There is no one as racist as the grandparents generation. It's actually unbelievable to listen to them haha

I don't have Irish grandparents but from experience..

You're not wrong there :eek:

And Hugsie I'll have you know that I have friends of all colours and denominations.

And we keep terrorist jokes to a socially acceptable level.

Ah but our parents generation is quite bad too imo. My gran actually doesnt seem to be racist, but if you're not Catholic or a regular Mass goer, well........................

I dont think we're that racist any more mainly due to catholic schools letting in non catholics

And Hugsie I'll have you know that I have friends of all colours and denominations.

And we keep terrorist jokes to a socially acceptable level.

I was only kidding you :D The same way I was reannunciating one of life's greatest lessons from Glee-Homophobes are gay (maybe some are)

• Advertisement

Are you one of them queer-o-sexuals?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement