Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Frown.jpg

Jaysus, I thought the fifth years in my school were young looking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Probably still taller than the first years.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Probably still taller than the first years.

Yeah I don't think I've seen a 6'1 first year

They're feckin midgets in my school and they keep getting shorter every year :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

That's some random picture from Google :eek:

Duh, thats why theres a winky face

Yeah I don't think I've seen a 6'1 first year

They're feckin midgets in my school and they keep getting shorter every year :eek:

I wish they would in my school, they get taller every year and I (as well as many other 6th years) get mistaken for a first year.

• Advertisement

Here we had who was about as tall as a 11 year old and that was 2 years ago. No joke.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I wish they would in my school, they get taller every year and I (as well as many other 6th years) get mistaken for a first year.

There are second years in my school who has to wear a primary school jacket cos he's too small for the secondary ones.

How do sixth years get mistaken for 1st years? :eek:
    Here we had who was about as tall as a 11 year old and that was 2 years ago. No joke.

That post makes no sense lad

He was about 4 foot. Maybe less.

Then again we had a guy who was pushing 6 foot when he entered

How do sixth years get mistaken for 1st years? :eek:

Happens ALL the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I don't feel like I grew at all in the six years I spent in secondary school, my jacket was massive when I started and is still huge on me. The sizing on them is dreadful, the one I have is an extra small. Even the XXS was too big when we were getting them in first year but mam insisted on getting the XS because I'd supposedly grow into it.

Don't even get me started on the size of my hands (this is really going down the wrong route), most 11 year olds hand are bigger then mine, they're seriously tiny!

• Advertisement

I was still using my jacket from first year in sixth year. And it was only begining to get small. They had updated the jacked twice by sixth year.

I was still using my jacket from first year in sixth year. And it was only begining to get small. They had updated the jacked twice by sixth year.
    My jacket still fits :(

I'd still wear it comfortable still like.

Don't even get me started on the size of my hands (this is really going down the wrong route), most 11 year olds hand are bigger then mine, they're seriously tiny!

Mine are tiny too haha. I mean really really tiny, like I've lost wristbands cos they were so loose! They're long but just skin on bone..I kinda hate going outside during this weather cos when I wear a t-shirts, people look at me all weird :o
    Happens ALL the time!

:eek:

Never happened in my school, even with the shorter sixth years. But we have different uniforms for juniors and seniors but even still, when you look at someone you just kinda know

I bought a jacket in first year, was a bit too small after JC so got another one in TY and it still fits, I've stopped growing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Napolean Dynamite is one of the greatest films ever made :D

Tina eat the food.

Vote for Pedro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Mine are tiny too haha. I mean really really tiny, like I've lost wristbands cos they were so loose! They're long but just skin on bone..I kinda hate going outside during this weather cos when I wear a t-shirts, people look at me all weird :o

Mine aren't even long that's the thing, they're just all around tiny.

In piano-playing terms, I can just about stretch too an octave and I mean at full stretch. My piano teacher told me I should be either a) a heart surgeon because I could "get in and out, have the job done and nobody would ever know" or b) a gynecologist. I was disturbed by b in particular.

Mine aren't even long that's the thing, they're just all around tiny.

In piano-playing terms, I can just about stretch too an octave and I mean at full stretch. My piano teacher told me I should be either a) a heart surgeon because I could "get in and out, have the job done and nobody would ever know" or b) a gynecologist. I was disturbed by b in particular.

Isn't one octave a quite a long stretch? :eek:

I mean, I haven't played piano in a year or two but I remember I could only stretch maybe an octave plus one key and I have really long fingers. Mind you they were like rigid, I'm probably the least flexible person on earth :pac: Like I couldn't even touch my knees at one point but I went through physio after that..

I don't imagine short hands being a good thing in the gynaecology business..quite the opposite maybe

Isn't one octave a quite a long stretch? :eek:

I mean, I haven't played piano in a year or two but I remember I could only stretch maybe an octave plus one key and I have really long fingers. Mind you they were like rigid, I'm probably the least flexible person on earth :pac: Like I couldn't even touch my knees at one point but I went through physio after that..

I don't imagine short hands being a good thing in the gynaecology business..quite the opposite maybe

How long is the a button to the @ button, I'd like to know if Iwas born to play the piano or am doomed to remain this "unmusical" for the rest of my life :D

• Advertisement

How long is the a button to the @ button, I'd like to know if Iwas born to play the piano or am doomed to remain this "unmusical" for the rest of my life :D

Ha! I can span A to the tilda key.

Ha! I can span A to the tilda key.

Well done you, a guy who has bigger hands than a girl, wowza! :P

I've never been so proud of myself

I've never been so proud of myself

6a015394069e98970b0167666ef5d1970b-800wi

Confidance:

[ ] Solid
    [X]Broken

That's about as far as I can stretch too but different keyboards have different spacing between keys I think

You'd have to try on a piano keyboard :p

Mine are just long and skinny, my piano teacher said they were perfect for guitar and keyboard..oh well

Confidance:

[ ] Solid
    [X]Broken

:confused:

That's about as far as I can stretch too but different keyboards have different spacing between keys I think

Mine are just long and skinny, my piano teacher said they were perfect for guitar and keyboard..oh well

perfect for bass!

I want your hands!

• Advertisement

peekachoo wrote: »
    perfect for bass!

Bass strings are spaced wide apart, no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement